Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

Just saw Amazon selling at US$314.99 for the iRobot Roomba 560. Free ship within US. Comgateway charges expected to be US$34 (based on Amazon who indicated the shipping weight at 13lb). Not sure about VPOST charges coz never check. If everything is calculated correctly, and base on 1.4 for US exchange rate, it means the cost can be as S$489, but since more than S$400 will expect to attract GST so total after GST is about S$523. Still a lot of money to pay. Will give it a serious thought and see if I need it or not.

Freaking Amazon overnight price went up by US$35! :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
So does this mean that it will only cost you S$489 for the iRobot? :dunno:

< $430 in total for a 550 which is much better than 560 in terms of accessories. 550 should be identical to 570 in terms of faceplate. in fact all 550 and above models are the same, the only difference is the accessories bundled.

Edited by tingshen

< $430 in total for a 550 which is much better than 560 in terms of accessories. 550 should be identical to 570 in terms of faceplate. in fact all 550 and above models are the same, the only difference is the accessories bundled.

Can share where you buy and which shipping service you use? Less than $430 sounds more interesting...kekeke...

update on my roomba sale. apparently borderlinx concierge got my order wrong and got for me a roomba 530 instead. By the time i found out item has already reached DHL warehouse and is currently under processing in prep to fly over.

the 530 was gotten for USD299 and the shipping was abt USD30 but i will take some losses and let go for $400. am including also the 47uF 400V capacitor required to do the charger mod for local use.

the item should reach my door by thurs/fri. my contact is 91821618 if anyone is interested.

those who are keen in Roomba 550 and above, I may have a lobang that comes with local 240v power supply. Price will be $479 but warranty is direct from iRobot. This already save you min $15-20 for the transformers and also the hassle to go through all the online purchases etc. I am not sure the exact model but min you will get a 550.

I will post more info when my supplier confirmed everything, stocks could be available this weekend :D can PM me if you're keen. Collection at Shenton Way SGX Tower/Redhill MRT..

Edited by tingshen

i found 2 explaination of CIF. the customs website sibei cheem

Vpost has the much easier understood one

Hmm...simi CIF? Can explain a bit? Never got this problem with VPOST leh, but have not check VPOST charges yet. Shipped VPOST quite a few times before but never on comgateway.

i think vpost is using slightly different way of calculation. ICA shows 24.5% additional as CIF. Vpost could be using some other internal method and only show you what A(1+(1+B)*2%) kind of stupid stuff.....d@mn chem not transparent at all!

nevertheless, I never got charged for GST even my total purchases is almost $400.

Edited by tingshen

those who are keen in Roomba 550 and above, I may have a lobang that comes with local 240v power supply. Price will be $479 but warranty is direct from iRobot. This already save you min $15-20 for the transformers and also the hassle to go through all the online purchases etc. I am not sure the exact model but min you will get a 550.

I will post more info when my supplier confirmed everything, stocks could be available this weekend :D can PM me if you're keen. Collection at Shenton Way SGX Tower/Redhill MRT..

is there any demo unit which i can t-loan? im quite interested, but have doubts abt the roomba, like whether is it able to vacuum well, waste electricity, get stuck often.. etc...and the spare parts, are they easily obtainable and is it exp ?

1.Vacuum better than my dyson, quieter too.

2.My friend said it will take up about 0.15kwh per day(<$0.05) if you run it once a day, turn it on 24/7.

3.furniture and house layout will decide if if would get stuck, so furniture planning is important if you have a lot of furnitures and stuff lying around.

4.Spare parts are not available easily locally, but can be purchased online easily.

as for demo, you can check them out from youtube. If my supplier side is confirmed, you can drop by my house to have a look.

Edited by tingshen

i found 2 explaination of CIF. the customs website sibei cheem

Vpost has the much easier understood one

:(:dunno: more confuse...hahaha....the VPOST one easy to calculate, the what FOB lah, CIF lah, gosh...

update on my roomba sale. apparently borderlinx concierge got my order wrong and got for me a roomba 530 instead. By the time i found out item has already reached DHL warehouse and is currently under processing in prep to fly over.

the 530 was gotten for USD299 and the shipping was abt USD30 but i will take some losses and let go for $400. am including also the 47uF 400V capacitor required to do the charger mod for local use.

the item should reach my door by thurs/fri. my contact is 91821618 if anyone is interested.

If they bought the wrong item, you have the right to reject it. Call up your credit card company and stop the payment. We should exercise our consumer rights! :sport-smiley-003:

:(:dunno: more confuse...hahaha....the VPOST one easy to calculate, the what FOB lah, CIF lah, gosh...

actually I just recalled all these term as I used to import some very high end graphic cards for mass order. FOB = free on board, meaning the price you paid to reach the ship. CIF means the total cost to ship all the way into Singapore. But to my surprise, ICA has such a ridiculous assumption on the CIF value. OK lor, you want to eat my money, I will give you some "special" to make you hungry....lol!

Edited by tingshen