Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamracoon

Vacuuming Robots

i thought of doing tat but doing so means i be paying more for taxes so juz accept lor. the roomba 530 is not too bad a model to begin with anyway. docking statin and all is included. setting schedules is a luxury anyway.

If they bought the wrong item, you have the right to reject it. Call up your credit card company and stop the payment. We should exercise our consumer rights! :sport-smiley-003:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

juz a comment abt the warranty being from irobot direct. i believe irobot do not entertain any oversea customers unless its gotten from the local authorised dealer. that is why they dont sell direct to international and official manuel states warranty void if shipped out of US, PSU modified etc

there was an entity called gkrobot that used to be parallel importing, selling and providing warranty as a middle man but was stopped once local dealer found out.

those who are keen in Roomba 550 and above, I may have a lobang that comes with local 240v power supply. Price will be $479 but warranty is direct from iRobot. This already save you min $15-20 for the transformers and also the hassle to go through all the online purchases etc. I am not sure the exact model but min you will get a 550.

I will post more info when my supplier confirmed everything, stocks could be available this weekend :D can PM me if you're keen. Collection at Shenton Way SGX Tower/Redhill MRT..

Edited by hansolo76

actually I just recalled all these term as I used to import some very high end graphic cards for mass order. FOB = free on board, meaning the price you paid to reach the ship. CIF means the total cost to ship all the way into Singapore. But to my surprise, ICA has such a ridiculous assumption on the CIF value. OK lor, you want to eat my money, I will give you some "special" to make you hungry....lol!

Sigh...can't they make things simpler? Thought we got what free trade agreement with US, why still tax this tax that. :furious:

juz a comment abt the warranty being from irobot direct. i believe irobot do not entertain any oversea customers unless its gotten from the local authorised dealer. that is why they dont sell direct to international and official manuel states warranty void if shipped out of US, PSU modified etc

there was an entity called gkrobot that used to be parallel importing, selling and providing warranty as a middle man but was stopped once local dealer found out.

Yeah...I guess most should know that anything bought from US is as good as no warranty unless you got someone in US you know that can help you send in. Then again, the shipping cost to and fro will be humongous.

Besides reading this forum I've gone through all 230 pages worth of posts over at HWZ on iRobot. Would any satisfied users who've gotten their PSUs modded at SLT kindly please post which shop they got their mods done? Shop name & unit #s would be very helpful... :D

how much are you looking at to mod?

Besides reading this forum I've gone through all 230 pages worth of posts over at HWZ on iRobot. Would any satisfied users who've gotten their PSUs modded at SLT kindly please post which shop they got their mods done? Shop name & unit #s would be very helpful... :D

the shop that helped me solder is further inside on 3rd floor. cant remem the unit though.. juz do like i did, walk around and keep a sharp eye out for soldering iron which is plugged in.

also i paid 10 bucks per PSU mod which exludes the capacitor. overall still cheaper than a transformer and confirm use less electricity :yamseng:

also i paid 10 bucks per PSU mod which exludes the capacitor.

Thanks for the tip. What about the capacitor? Do you rem which shop you bought it from?

Tingshen: I am interested in the roomba. Could you let me know?

Hi all, the model is 570. The final price is $500. However, if you want to trade in the wireless command center, it will be $479. The wireless command center usually cost around $90. It's for you to remotely control the Roomba. 550, 560, 570 and 580 are all using the same Roomba main unit. 570 has wireless command center compared to the 560.

This model is currently selling at $399.99 in iRobot http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?...rentPage=family

The catch is, it does come with a 240v power supply for local use. As for warranty, I will need to check with the supplier again. Deal is Cash during meet up. It's easier for me to deal in Shenton Way area or Redhill MRT, or some other places where we could arrange. As I am given limited stocks every week, it's on first come first serve basis. Those who PM me b4 will be in priority list. Please leave your contact number too. Already PM 3 guys for confirmation. I will be getting 2 units this Sunday morning. if things goes smoothly.

Here is the package details for 570:

1 iRobot Roomba 570

1 Wireless Command Center (http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2822978&cp=2842706&ab=OAS_IRBT%3ARoombaAccesssLP_500Series&parentPage=subcategory)

1 Self-charging Home Base®

1 Power Supply

2 Virtual Wall® Lighthouses

1 Brush Cleaning Tool

1 Replacement Beater Brush

1 Replacement Bristle Brush

1 Rechargeable Battery

1 Extra Filter

Edited by tingshen

Hi all, the model is 570. The final price is $500. However, if you want to trade in the wireless command center, it will be $479. The wireless command center usually cost around $90. It's for you to remotely control the Roomba. 550, 560, 570 and 580 are all using the same Roomba main unit. 570 has wireless command center compared to the 560.

This model is currently selling at $399.99 in iRobot http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?...rentPage=family

The catch is, it does come with a 240v power supply for local use. As for warranty, I will need to check with the supplier again. Deal is Cash during meet up. It's easier for me to deal in Shenton Way area or Redhill MRT, or some other places where we could arrange. As I am given limited stocks every week, it's on first come first serve basis. Those who PM me b4 will be in priority list. Please leave your contact number too. Already PM 3 guys for confirmation. I will be getting 2 units this Sunday morning. if things goes smoothly.

1 iRobot Roomba 570

1 Wireless Command Center (http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2822978&cp=2842706&ab=OAS_IRBT%3ARoombaAccesssLP_500Series&parentPage=subcategory)

1 Power Supply

1 Brush Cleaning Tool

1 Rechargeable Battery

1 Extra Filter

Is this brand new? Think of getting another one. Now currently have the scheduler...

guys, I am expecting the first batch of Roomba (2 units only) to arrive on Sunday. I was told that the power supply is 240v one. But I can't confirm anything until I see the thing myself, worse case you just need to buy a transformers at around $15-18.50 from SimLimSquare. so just stay tuned okay? Another unit is available. Whoever come in 3rd onwards will have to wait for next shipment. :)

if you have any concern, just post here. perhaps we can start another thread on sharing tips.

Both units reserved, others please wait for next shipment: :D

Nick + ending handphone number

1.sonicgoo 331.

2.dankoo 663

Edited by tingshen

USD500 OR SGD500?

Is the charger a modded (from the 110V version) one or its direct from iRobot for our 240V supplies?

Do you sell just the charger alone?

1 iRobot Roomba 570

1 Power Supply

1 Brush Cleaning Tool

1 Rechargeable Battery

1 Extra Filter

Edited by dennyon

guys, I was just helping some of you to buy the whole package. I am not a distributor or reseller leh. Not selling any parts lar.

as for the charger, it won't be a modded one. either the 110v or 240v direct from iRobot.

payment wise of course in SGD lar.

Edited by tingshen

the roomba capacitor mod can be found all over SLT. its more commonly found vs the scooba capacitor. i think cost is $2.5 thereabouts

Thanks for the tip. What about the capacitor? Do you rem which shop you bought it from?

Tingshen: I am interested in the roomba. Could you let me know?

its good but surprising news if the PSU is direct from irobot coz all along i had thought the local agent ackerman is the one to mod the PSU but of course with permission and instructions from irobot

guys, I was just helping some of you to buy the whole package. I am not a distributor or reseller leh. Not selling any parts lar.

as for the charger, it won't be a modded one. either the 110v or 240v direct from iRobot.

payment wise of course in SGD lar.