Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bearie

Citygas Storage Heater

Hi, anyone using the gas storage heater provided by city gas? will the water turn hot immediately when u turn on the tap? cos my husband afraid that our child might be scalded with the hot water.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Citygas free heater is not STORAGE heater, it is a INSTANT heater. so, of cos will hot instantly. Although I will sign up for Citygas, but I will not get the free heater, not comfortable to put at kitchen, esp the pipe.

why not consider installing both? haven't actually tried it before, and not sure if it's possible, but if can why not?

we have been using the free gas heater... if given a chance, might not be using it anymore unless it can be installed together with an electric heater...

but if your concern is your child get scalded with hot water, then i would think both gas & electric heater are equally 'dangerous' ?

You can set the temperature on Citygas at 42 degrees(recommended). So your children will not get scalded.

Storage heater is always maximum temperature, so you got to use the bath mixer to get the correct temperature.

why not consider installing both? haven't actually tried it before, and not sure if it's possible, but if can why not?

we have been using the free gas heater... if given a chance, might not be using it anymore unless it can be installed together with an electric heater...

but if your concern is your child get scalded with hot water, then i would think both gas & electric heater are equally 'dangerous' ?

why you won't use it anymore?

me still thinking should or should not get it :bangwall:

what problem do you face?

I want to know about the pros and cons of gas heater too, although abit late lah, last friday citygas people just came up to install.

For those who are using it already, anyone having rain shower? I want to install rain shower but the guy warn me that only storage heater above 15L will have enough pressure for the rain shower.

Also, about the heat; rather than worry about scalding someone, I worry that it might not be hot enough? Cuz HDB gave me hot/cold water at every tap, so wondering if two persons are bathing at both toilets and someone is using the tap for hot water, will the gas heater be sufficient cater to all these? It seemed rather small size...

Edited by zirhk3355

me already bought the rain shower sets liao

will be installing the gas heater

my contractor said if one rain shower pressure no proble

but if two rain shower use at the same time then maybe not enough pressure

wah so envious leh, you get the hot water points

me still got to pay citygas to pipe them for me

that would mean exposed piping everywhere :lol:

Hi applefreak,

How can the contractor confirm? Did he test the water gauge?

I found out that my block doesn't have city gas, I have to get either electric instant/storage heater.

Hi applefreak,

How can the contractor confirm? Did he test the water gauge?

I found out that my block doesn't have city gas, I have to get either electric instant/storage heater.

it's more of the gas heater is capable of heating up 5l of water per second only

rain shower will take almost all of it so if both shower on at the same time, no enough hot water to distribute to both

then become lukewarm liao loh

hi,

where is the gas heater placed in the kitchen? any where you like or the person installing will determine??

think there are certain requirements but not sure what they are

think good ventilation is a must

you can pick out a few locations and tell the person installing it

he/she will tell you can or cannot

but remember the piping will be exposed so better choose a location near the bathrooms and gas pipe inlet

i will be putting mine in the service balcony :D