Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bearie

Citygas Storage Heater

think there are certain requirements but not sure what they are

think good ventilation is a must

you can pick out a few locations and tell the person installing it

he/she will tell you can or cannot

but remember the piping will be exposed so better choose a location near the bathrooms and gas pipe inlet

i will be putting mine in the service balcony :sport-smiley-003:

yours = EA right ? that is why you have the luxury of putting it in Service balcony

for those who are not...then they have no choice but to put it in kitchen cos they cant install outside the flat :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

initially i wanted to install at the air-con ledge but my contractor say cannot coz cannot install 'outside' the unit but the air-con ledge is 'mine' right?

i mean, i paid for the air-con ledge didn't i? the area was included in the floor area mah, why cannot install there??? :sport-smiley-003:

guess for those who have no service balcony, near the windows would be a consideration

but cannot be too near the pole hanger coz the soot might dirty the washed clothes

initially i wanted to install at the air-con ledge but my contractor say cannot coz cannot install 'outside' the unit but the air-con ledge is 'mine' right?

i mean, i paid for the air-con ledge didn't i? the area was included in the floor area mah, why cannot install there??? :bangwall:

guess for those who have no service balcony, near the windows would be a consideration

but cannot be too near the pole hanger coz the soot might dirty the washed clothes

that's the funny thing, if condo can install it outside why can't HDB flat :sport-smiley-003:

if really outside outside i still dun mind the restriction

but i paid for the area and yet i cannot use it :sport-smiley-003:

cannot say you din use it ....you did put your aircon condenser unit there right :bangwall:

hi all i wanted to get the gas heater in the place too but after much consideration i decide to drop the idea.

if use gas heater save on the unit cost and electrical charges.

Was told that the heater will be very hot and it must be place in an open area. I suggested to box it up previously cos the heater not nice but was told not to.

they say if accidentally touch it will get scald. Not sure how true is it.

Edited by foreverhappy

hi all i wanted to get the gas heater in the place too but after much consideration i decide to drop the idea.

if use gas heater save on the unit cost and electrical charges.

Was told that the heater will be very hot and it must be place in an open area. I suggested to box it up previously cos the heater not nice but was told not to.

they say if accidentally touch it will get scald. Not sure how true is it.

accidentally touch what ? you mean the hot water pipe ? of course it will scald if hold long enuff but then given that we have reflex reaction so unlikely we will really get scald :)

accidentally touch what ? you mean the hot water pipe ? of course it will scald if hold long enuff but then given that we have reflex reaction so unlikely we will really get scald :(

hmm personally do not have one at the moment so not sure what the person said is true a not........

mayb those who have it now can feedback and let me know

Thinking of installing one also cos my new place already come with hot/cold water pipe all built-in and both bathrooms are also installed with the mixer. So instead of letting all these go to waste, now thinking of whether to get the free Citygas gas heater instead of electricity type.

Was using gas heater when I was staying overseas for a while. Initial cannot get use to it cos when switched on, got the "pong" sound which I tot was a bit scary and "unsafe". Also, must remember to switch off when not in use and especially when no one is home, something that I was quite careless when I started using it.

the problem that I had with gas heater is 'irregular' heated water.... meaning to say, during my shower, after I adjusted to the right 'mix' of hot & cold water, after a while, the water can sometime get hotter or get cooler until becomes cold, it's quite a hassle to continually adjust the 'mix' - not sure if storage heater user have the same problem though

the problem that I had with gas heater is 'irregular' heated water.... meaning to say, during my shower, after I adjusted to the right 'mix' of hot & cold water, after a while, the water can sometime get hotter or get cooler until becomes cold, it's quite a hassle to continually adjust the 'mix' - not sure if storage heater user have the same problem though

as long as you switch the heater abt 5 to 10mins earlier.. storage heater is great.

i'm not complaining.. and my storage heater is 2nd hand someone.. previous owner one.. quite new so i re-use

is ur gas heater the free 1 offered by citigas?