bearie

Citygas Storage Heater

me already bought the rain shower sets liao

will be installing the gas heater

my contractor said if one rain shower pressure no proble

but if two rain shower use at the same time then maybe not enough pressure

wah so envious leh, you get the hot water points

me still got to pay citygas to pipe them for me

that would mean exposed piping everywhere :)

Hey thanks for the info! I will only have one rain shower in MBR toilet, not for the common toilet. BTW for water pipes, why need to ask citygas to run? :sport-smiley-018:

Can ask your contractor/ID mah - only gas pipe needs to ask citygas right?

Hi applefreak,

How can the contractor confirm? Did he test the water gauge?

I found out that my block doesn't have city gas, I have to get either electric instant/storage heater.

What do you mean your block doesn't have citygas?? Erm you are staying in HDB or private? So for cooking how, have to use LPG?

think storage heater the same right?

only instant heater dun have this problem but no rainshower !!

Ya I also heard this before - why instant heater cannot use for rainshower? Is it because of the water pressure no enough?

the problem that I had with gas heater is 'irregular' heated water.... meaning to say, during my shower, after I adjusted to the right 'mix' of hot & cold water, after a while, the water can sometime get hotter or get cooler until becomes cold, it's quite a hassle to continually adjust the 'mix' - not sure if storage heater user have the same problem though

Hey this sounds like those 3-star hotels I always stay when going to nearby countries for short trips!

Did you try to switch on the heater a few mins before using? Cuz someone explained to me before, if you did not heat up the whole storage inside the heater, then it will flow out with cool water, as the water level goes down, the flame will heat up the last part of the water and you will experience hot water. As the tank becomes almost empty, the lever opens and cool water flows in, hence you will experience cool water again, until the last part of the storage where the flame heats up and becomes hot again...the cycle continues.

Erm, did I make sense there ah?? Hehe...anyway was told that if got switched on prior to bathing will prevent this...

Edited by zirhk3355

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey thanks for the info! I will only have one rain shower in MBR toilet, not for the common toilet. BTW for water pipes, why need to ask citygas to run? :sport-smiley-018:

Can ask your contractor/ID mah - only gas pipe needs to ask citygas right?

my contractor ask me to ask citygas coz citygas charges are lower

first point $80, subsequent points $50

so three points in my case is $180 plus gst only nia

my contractor say if ask him to do maybe one point will be $60 or $80 liao

my contractor ask me to ask citygas coz citygas charges are lower

first point $80, subsequent points $50

so three points in my case is $180 plus gst only nia

my contractor say if ask him to do maybe one point will be $60 or $80 liao

Wah your contractor very frank hor...hehe...or maybe such job he doesn't like to do is it... :sport-smiley-018:

he is fixing the rainshower set for me

i'm using ho bee, patrick is quite frank loh

if he can match he will match, if cannot then he'll say get the other person to do :notti:

window film also the same, other brands he have but he say my situation will require v-cool which he doesn't have. so he ask me go find others to do :notti:

Hello,

I'm planning to use Citygas Water Heater for my kitchen tap as i use hot water

to wash my dishes (esp. pot).

Then, for the 2 washrooms I'll be looking at Instant Heater (as i didn't want to run

the Citygas pipe all the way to the washrooms).

Any comments on such ideas? Had anybody did that arrangement before?

Any pros & cons?

Pls share your experience.

Thanks & regards,

Hello,

I'm planning to use Citygas Water Heater for my kitchen tap as i use hot water

to wash my dishes (esp. pot).

Then, for the 2 washrooms I'll be looking at Instant Heater (as i didn't want to run

the Citygas pipe all the way to the washrooms).

Any comments on such ideas? Had anybody did that arrangement before?

Any pros & cons?

Pls share your experience.

Thanks & regards,

hmm that's a new way of having heaters at home.

btw, the pipe that goes to the washrooms are hot water pipes, the gas pipe runs to the heater only :bangwall:

for your requirements i'd suggest a storage heater or the gas heater

although there's no harm having instant heaters AND gas heater :dancingqueen:

hmm that's a new way of having heaters at home.

btw, the pipe that goes to the washrooms are hot water pipes, the gas pipe runs to the heater only :bangwall:

for your requirements i'd suggest a storage heater or the gas heater

although there's no harm having instant heaters AND gas heater :dancingqueen:

Hello applefreak,

yeah.. my mistake.

Hubby is not so keen with the pipe to the washrooms.

Based on my requirements for the washrooms, i dont need hot water except

for showers. Thus, reading all the threads.. it seems to be cheaper to use instant heaters

for showers (twice a day).

Plus the Citygas Instant heater is FREE....

PS: Currently, i'm using Storage heaters... not a big fan.

Too much a hassle to wait for the hot water esp when i need to shower my kids urgently.

Also, the hot water get ready HOT HOT HOT...

But i have to say that there is no concern for LOW WATER PRESSURE.

do you mind to share how many rooms you staying?

for my unit, the service yard is right next to the two bathrooms so piping won't be seen by others unless they go right to the yard.

the citygas heater works just like an instant heater, can adjust the water temperature to a pre-set temp so that user won't be scalded.

but if you want HOT water for the sink, the gas heater might disapppoint coz i think the highest temp is only 45degrees celsius according to the salesperson at citygas showroom :jawdrop:

for my unit, the service yard is right next to the two bathrooms so piping won't be seen by others unless they go right to the yard.

the citygas heater works just like an instant heater, can adjust the water temperature to a pre-set temp so that user won't be scalded.

but if you want HOT water for the sink, the gas heater might disapppoint coz i think the highest temp is only 45degrees celsius according to the salesperson at citygas showroom :jawdrop:

Hi the gas water heater really is as fast as the instant heater? What happens if you got two persons bathing at the two toilets at the same time? Will the heater be able to maintain the temp of the water?

Anyway the temp of the water cannot be too high lah, imagine you have water at 100degC coming out from the tap, that's really dangerous! :jawdrop:

it's actually an instant heater, just that it runs by gas instead

all gas storage heater cannot be used in hdb flat according to the sales lady :jawdrop:

but 45dc a bit low right, how to scorch away all the oil?

now must serious think about piping it to the sink :jawdrop:

now waiting for my contractor to run the water pipes to the bathroom and set up the rainshower

try and let you know :jawdrop:

it's actually an instant heater, just that it runs by gas instead

all gas storage heater cannot be used in hdb flat according to the sales lady :dunno:

but 45dc a bit low right, how to scorch away all the oil?

now must serious think about piping it to the sink :~

now waiting for my contractor to run the water pipes to the bathroom and set up the rainshower

try and let you know :D

Thanks for the feedback... yet to visit the Citygas Gallery to find out more.

as long as you switch the heater abt 5 to 10mins earlier.. storage heater is great.

i'm not complaining.. and my storage heater is 2nd hand someone.. previous owner one.. quite new so i re-use

you cannot pre-heat gas heater... the heating will start when water flows...

is ur gas heater the free 1 offered by citigas?

yes... it is the free one from Citigas

Hey this sounds like those 3-star hotels I always stay when going to nearby countries for short trips!

Did you try to switch on the heater a few mins before using? Cuz someone explained to me before, if you did not heat up the whole storage inside the heater, then it will flow out with cool water, as the water level goes down, the flame will heat up the last part of the water and you will experience hot water. As the tank becomes almost empty, the lever opens and cool water flows in, hence you will experience cool water again, until the last part of the storage where the flame heats up and becomes hot again...the cycle continues.

Erm, did I make sense there ah?? Hehe...anyway was told that if got switched on prior to bathing will prevent this...

I only know there are larger capacity gas heater, but according to Citigas, larger capacity tank are not approved for HDB usage, so far only condos and landed property are using larger tank.

The free one from Citigas is only flowing 5litre/min, and the only way for the water to get heated is when you let the water flow, so the only way to 'preheat' is turning on the tap - a bit wasteful right? :yamseng:

We have adapted to it after a while... since we don't really have much option to retro fit a storage heater at the service yard (don't want to install the storage heater in the toilet :bangwall: )

Personally, if given a choice, I will install both storage & gas heater together using the same set of pipes. This way, you get the best of both world :dancingqueen:

Edited by kon

I only know there are larger capacity gas heater, but according to Citigas, larger capacity tank are not approved for HDB usage, so far only condos and landed property are using larger tank.

The free one from Citigas is only flowing 5litre/min, and the only way for the water to get heated is when you let the water flow, so the only way to 'preheat' is turning on the tap - a bit wasteful right? :(

We have adapted to it after a while... since we don't really have much option to retro fit a storage heater at the service yard (don't want to install the storage heater in the toilet :P )

Personally, if given a choice, I will install both storage & gas heater together using the same set of pipes. This way, you get the best of both world :notti:

What about installing it illegally? Oops...hehe...

Anyway, for those instant heater that is connected to a single shower head, isn't it the same that you gotta let the water flow awhile first then it will come to the desired temperature? I am using that at my current flat and usually the water will be very hot for the first few seconds.

I am sure there is a hybrid water heater out there, running on both electric and gas. But sighz, again our conservative HDB sure won't allow it...this one cannot, that one cannot...

rainshower - get those with very flat distributing "reservoir", donno how to describe, just flat not thick "head". requires less water pressure.

when i was overseas, there were many cases of ignorant families who closed all windows(during winter) and turn on the gas water heater for hours - most were found dead in the morning.

do be careful on VENTILATION!:sport-smiley-004:!

but if you want HOT water for the sink, the gas heater might disapppoint coz i think the highest temp is only 45degrees celsius according to the salesperson at citygas showroom :yamseng:

My rental place comes with 3 bedrooms and 2 washrooms.

All the washrooms and kitchen comes with their own storage heaters.

But my new place will be a HDB 3rm flat, thus not quite keen to run piping all

over the house.