Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
techy

Requesting HDB for Waiver of Waiting 30 Months Cooling Period After Selling a Private Property

Good day to all,

I am new here.

I sold my condominium in Q1 2019. I am aware that I have to wait for 30 months before I can buy my first HDB flat (preferably a 4-room flat) from HDB. I am the only sole bread winner in the family thus, I do not want to buy a resale flat which can cost $100K to $150K more expensive that subsidized flat.

I wrote to HDB requested for a waiver but the reply was negative. The officer simply quote the policy. I re-appeal and the answer is the same. No matter how I explained to the officer that I need to set aside CPF savings for our retirement thus, I do not want to buy a resale flat which is more expensive than subsidized flat., Besides, this is my first HDB flat as I have stayed in my condo for more than 20 years.

Question: Any pointers or tips on how to get a waiver from HDB is highly appreciated?

Thank you. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation