Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
peachpeach

thoughts on this corner terrace

17 minutes ago, 3Cube said:

The 2.4 metre clearance from the side (right side of picture) is NOT REQUIRED. Meaning you can extend car porch roof to the share party wall.

Also to note above the car porch roof cannot have an enclosed (meaning brick wall enclosure) room

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:05 AM, 3Cube said:

The 2.4 metre clearance is from car porch ROOF's edge to front boundary (Main Gate).

you seem to be contradicting yourself.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
22 hours ago, snoozee said:

you seem to be contradicting yourself.

You did not pay attention. I did not contradict myself

No. I said the 2.4 is from FRONT BOUNDARY TO EDGE OF CAR PORCH ROOF. This is front to front. I did not say side boundary.

In your sketch you indicate another 2.4 metres from side party wall to side of car porch roof!!! I'm simply stating this is wrong.

I've attached your sketch to show the mistake.

1) Circled in black can be extended to the side boundary where the "neighbor-shared" party wall is

2) Circled in red to maintain 2.4 metres from Front edge of Car Porch Roof to Front Boundary where the Main Gate is

2020-03-02_17-22-05.jpg.e848469c67c2bff459113df2d678bd93.jpg

Edited by 3Cube
Addition information

Anyway the plan does not show the entire full picture. Whether you right or I right only URA decision matters

based on what I saw on the maps, I had drawn up the set backs as the actual frontage is the gate part which you circled in black. TS already mentioned that there is a gate there in her earlier post

Edited by snoozee

23 hours ago, snoozee said:

Anyway the plan does not show the entire full picture. Whether you right or I right only URA decision matters

based on what I saw on the maps, I had drawn up the set backs as the actual frontage is the gate part which you circled in black. TS already mentioned that there is a gate there in her earlier post

Looking at TS original plan, the new car porch roof should be on similar side.

Also TS says this is CORNER TERRACE, which means this is last unit in the row of houses.

So you're wrong.

6 hours ago, 3Cube said:

Looking at TS original plan, the new car porch roof should be on similar side.

Also TS says this is CORNER TERRACE, which means this is last unit in the row of houses.

So you're wrong.

please do not be so ignorant to think that all corner terraces must have the same layout as what you envision it to be. a corner terrace simply means that it is a house at the end of a row of terrace house but no where does it say that is must have the same front/rear boundary as the house it is joined to.

TS already mentioned that the house has a uncommon layout where the gate is on the side and not the front. this clearly shows that the boundary of the house is different from the adjoining house. I had also mentioned that I had seen a map and saw a house with a layout similar to what TS had mentioned hence my drawing is based on the map information I had seen as what TS had provided does not show the entire full picture.

if you had not seen TS's post on the uncommon layout, I had superimposed her sketch along with the floor plan to make it clear. I have also attached the map image of a house with a layout similar to what she had described.

so with this information, tell me how can the car porch roof can be extended along the party wall (wall B) all the way to 2.4m from wall A when wall B itself is NOT a party wall but a front boundary wall. with the access point (gate) being on wall B itself, URA requires that the car porch roof can only be up to 2.4m from the gate itself which means wall A is no longer a frontage but a side boundary and the car porch can be up to 2m from this wall.

just FYI, a semi-detached house by definition means 2 houses joined together on a plot of land. BUT it does not define that a semi-d MUST be joined to each other side by side. I have seen semi-d houses which are joined back to back and they still fulfill the definition of being semi-d because they still share a same party wall at the back of each other.

nn_jpg_373c30638382bfcdb7789ffa54a8e733a.jpg

2020-03-08_14-37-41.jpg