Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
screwedup

DO NOT buy Kitchen appliances from Techno

Techno Singapore is the importer of Technogas and Uno kitchen appliances such as hobs and hoods. Sales are done through their licensed agents. Techno will do the delivery and installation. I recently bought a UNO hob and started making enquiries about dates and timing on 10th August. It was only on the 12th that I managed to get all the information I need. I made payment asap. I needed delivery by 18th August at the latest, and was promised that delivery would be between 12 to 4pm for my area. As many Chinese home owners will know. The installation of cooker hob is important if you believe in feng shui. It should be done at an auspicious time. If this is not possible, it should be done before sunset. I am very particular about the timing as the Hungry Ghost Festival started on 19th August. Now, those of you who are still following me will know that it is taboo to carry out major stuff like stove installation during HGF. Guess what Techno did to me? 

The installation guys only showed up at my house at 720pm. 

If I had been told earlier that the window was12pm to 7 pm and not 12 to 4pm, I would have the option to place my order with another company instead because I would not have wanted to risk getting my hob installed late. This is why i had checked on delivery dates before placing an order.  I had already done due diligence. 

On that day, techno should have also informed me if the technicians were going to be so late. Since the installation guy had done the scheduling at the start of the day (as the customer support team told me when i was frantically calling them from 345pm onwards), they should have realised that they could only come to my house in the evening. In that case, I should have been informed earlier, but no one called me.

This is very irresponsible of Technogas and their workers. Even if not out of  consideration for feng shui reasons (which they either don't understand or don't care since it's not their house) they should have realised that telling a waiting customer that they would come three hours later than scheduled is the right thing to do.  Hey, what happened to basic courtesy and responsibility? 

I waited patiently for a call from 12pm to 345pm before I called Technogas.  When I managed to get through the line, it was 4pm. I was told that they couldn't give me a time but it would be in the evening.  I pleaded for the next 1.5 hours. The staff claimed they tried their best to ask the installation guy to come earlier. I kept pleading. I needed the hob to be installed before sunset but was told in no uncertain terms that the earliest the guys would come was between 630pm to 7pm. The last time one of the staff bothered to update me was at 5pm.. A staff called Angela  said she would try speaking to the guys again and she would  get back to me. She mentioned that the guys had two cooker hoods (WOW.. so they still want to go to other houses first!!!)  to install before coming to my place. She didn't call me again.

When the installation guy called me, it was already 650pm. They only reached my place at 724pm. Again, the guys told me they had two cooker HOODs to install. Hello, a cooker hood is not a stove. I understand other owners want their staff installed earlier too BUT installing a hob is much more symbolic and has far deeper consequences than installing a HOOD. I have already explained to the staff why I needed my hob to be installed asap, before sunset. They just didn't care. 

If I may repeat.: many Singaporean Chinese would know that installing the kitchen stove is very important to those who believe in feng shui.  It should be done before sunset at the very least, if it's not possible to do so at an auspicious time (I was not even fussy about this)  And to worsen the problem, the staff came way after sunset on the eve of the 7th Lunar month, which is also considered very inauspicious.

I am appalled at Techno's insensitivity, lack of customer service and pride in customer satisfaction. They have possibly screwed up my luck in this house, and possibly, my life.

I urge potential customers to think carefully if they are thinking of buying a Technogas or UNO appliance if you are particular about installation timing. Techno, the company that brings in these  two brands doesn't give a **** about these considerations you might have, and about the repercussions of their actions to you. Not even if you beg them. 

**Update: I felt that the MD of the company should be made aware of the situation. I called up all three numbers of Techno I could find from 9am to 11am, and tried all 3 options available to me. I only managed to get through close to 11am. I asked the staff for the name of the MD. Their answer was that they didn't know. They only know the name of their direct supervisor.. and he is not around as the managers are free to come in at whatever time they wish. (He called me back close to 12pm)  Right. So it was difficult to get my issues resolved on time because a senior person with more authority was probably not around. What could a customer service staff/phone operator possibly have done to get the technicians to do as requested? The management could come and go into office as they please. What a wonderful place to work in.  Unfortunately, not a great place to entrust your appliance installation to. 
Edited by screwedup

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sorry to hear about your situation. i'm sure you can find some remedies to nullify the bad fengshui for them missing the timing.

but the world we live in now is very different from the start of 2020. currently the government's mandate is still for companies to have staff work from home as much as possible. if the company's bosses are working from home, you can't expect any company staff to give you the mobile number of the bosses right? if you are the boss, would you like it if your staff freely gives out your direct mobile number to anyone?

many industries are facing a manpower crunch due to the lockdowns for both Singapore and Malaysia. even though the RGL was recently opened, it doesn't mean workers from Malaysia can come in and out freely. Many companies are relying on workers who had not gone back to Malaysia before their lockdown and our CB to continue to work. So the workers who are here have to pull in extra hours and take on more load to fulfill the operations needs for the company. So delays are definitely bound to happen.

Yes, the workers missed the auspicious timings, but at least they managed to get it installed for you before HGF rather than after HGF started which would have been much worst for you right? If they couldn't installed yesterday, you would have called off the delivery right? This would mean you would have no hob to use for the next few weeks until HGF is over and this would be much worse isn't it?

Hi i think you are missing the point, and veering into something that is not even relevant.

Perhaps it will be better to read and understand before you give your two cents' worth? 

THEY DIDN'T MISS AUSPICIOUS TIMINGS.. I DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR THAT. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD COME BETWEEN 12 TO 4PM. I JUST WANted them to be on time.. When i knew that was not possible, i begged to come before sunset. They came after sunset - at 724pm!  Do you get it? 

AND I DIDN'T ASK FOR THE MD'S NUMBER. I  asked for the name. They told me they didn't know his name (WHAT A JOKE!), and only that of their direct supervisor who IS NOT WORKING FROM home, but will come in any time he likes because the managers come in at any time. This has nothing to do with WFH.

Delays are bound to happen, but a company that cares about customer satisfaction will keep the client posted if they are going to be three hours late. A 3-hour delay is not something unforeseeable.

The installation of a kitchen hob is more important feng-shui-wise, than a hood. The workers just refused to accommodate because they want to do what's convenient for them. 

I had done everything nicely, timed everything properly and done DUE DIlligence by checking and confirming timing COUNTLEss times. 

When they told me they would do two more kitchen hoods before coming to my place, I begged them to come to my place first. Because a kitchen hob is more important than a hood when it comes to FS, but they just refused. They were already so late to come to my place. They had promised to come by 4pm.. I knew they were going to miss that so i begged them to come before sunset instead. I begged them from 345pm to 5pm (before the office closed and no one answered the phone anymore).. And they turned up only at 724pm! 

No, you are wrong in saying that this is  better that going without a hob for a few weeks.  I am waiting for the results of a work pitch and spoken to the feng shui master. She told me I would have to have the hob installed (otherwise the feng shui in my house is all wrong)  before I follow up and it should be done before HGF. 

She also advised that installation of hobs should be done before sunset, and that one should refrain from doing anything major on the evening before HGF.

Since you are trying to be compassionate towards difficulties people face right now, let me tell you that I really need positive news right now because all my projects have been cancelled due to the economic uncertainties related to covid-19. The FS master told me that the feng shui in my house is really C R A P PY and the most important thing i need to do is to change my hob. 

It's not even like I have many chances to pitch for a new project now.  WOW>. in case you are not aware.. there are way more cancellations than there are new projects now.

So really, Techno has screwed me up. Because they were  B L O O D Y inconsiderate, inflexible and lack accountability and responsibility.

And if timing of the hob installation matters a lot to someone, they should not patronise Techno. They were not just late.. i gave them a BLOODY wide window.. they even had the cheek to come at 724pm. 

Edited by screwedup

sorry that I kaypo and gave my worthless virtual 2 cents. all the best to you as you're not the only one affect by the current situation. just remember that while your situation is bad, there are people worse off than you somewhere in the world.

stay positive and I hope things turn for the better for you soon. good luck!

• Like 1

Hi,  telling me there are people who are worse off than me is pointless. 

i am trying my best to lift myself out of these bad circumstances.. and i did everything i could possibly do to make sure I get things on time.

So i did my best.. but guess who screwed it up for me? 

Edited by screwedup

I'm using Techno stuff, and I'm satisfied with their items.

Got them on sale at a very good price and my builder did all the installations - very straightforward and swift. I'm glad you got all your stuff installed and perhaps you may want to ask your ID / contractor for assistance in future.

I find that the job based contractors can be less predictable and if timing is very important, maybe in future you can hire your own people.. things are pretty unpredictable right now. All the best with your new home. 

My issue is not with the product quality as I don't know yet since my hob only came two days ago. ANyway Techno is just an agent for UNO and Technogas. Techno doesn't manufacture them. 

It's very easy to say in hindsight about who I should have engaged to do the installation etc. etc.. 

The fact is Techno undertook the installation. And they should have been more responsible. 

I don't think it's too much to expect tthem to call me if they were going to make me wait from 12 to 724pm instead of the earlier stipulated 12 to 4pm.

I have issues with Techno's customer service, and lack of accountability. They made me wait for 7.5 hours. They didn't call me when they had planned to put me last at 724pm. The guys who came didn't even say sorry. I was begging techno over the phone, but they were completely unyielding. Perhaps I would have been more understanding if the other two jobs they gave priority to were cooker hobs (maybe the owner wanted to cook dinner or also has feng shui concerns like me) and NOT hoods. 

Edited by screwedup