Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Katako

Cover up airwell, convert to part of living/family space

Dear all,

Need some advice. The current airwell serves not much purpose in my opinion and are located outside the bedrooms for each leveI. I would like to cover it up on my 2nd, 3rd and 4th level and convert it as expansion to the family space (sample image shown). Do I need to inform and get BCA's approval, structural engineer to sign off, etc. to do those works??? Or can I just get the reno contractor to do the works without BCA's approval? Any contractors to recommend to do these kinda work (including some other reno & simple ID works ie. wardrobe, kitchen top, cabinet doors, painting, awnings, balcony railings, vinyl flooring, etc.)?

- knock down low wall (including the glass) of the air well

- cover up air well, levelled flooring (parquet finishing)

Any advice & suggestions are greatly apppreciated.

Best regards.

Capture.JPG

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

get your house's structural plans and see if there's any structural components for the airwell low walls.

you will most likely need to get a PE to design the new floor for the covered up airwell.

best is get hold of your house's structural plans first and then consult a PE on what you have in mind.