Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paradise7

2nd Appt But Keys Not Handed Over

It has been agreed that we will let the seller stay for another week or so after the 2nd appt since their new place is not ready.

Besides the utility bills that they have to bear in their extended stay, what are the things that we have to look out for and ensure that they abide to it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Why not change the 2nd appt date? During their stay, YOU are responsible for the flat. If any illegal activities take place, HDB will be looking for you.

Understand that cos reno sometime it's the contractor who can't finish on time.

So you may want to change the 2nd appt date, also help you to defray paying for 2 houses during that period. :dunno:

Understand that cos reno sometime it's the contractor who can't finish on time.

So you may want to change the 2nd appt date, also help you to defray paying for 2 houses during that period. ;)

Hmmm okies thk u v much for your advise. :)

what if the agreement is that the seller stay for a week or two AFTER the completion of the sale...which means a later 2nd appt date means a later date the seller will move out mah....

what to do?

what if the agreement is that the seller stay for a week or two AFTER the completion of the sale...which means a later 2nd appt date means a later date the seller will move out mah....

what to do?

That's why its depends on the agreement.

Most sellers ask to stay longer in their flat is because they want to do contra and do not want to pay for two flats at one time. But in this case, since only 1 week, likelihood is because the seller's new flat got hiccups and not ready to move (reno, FS, 7th month, etc??).

But whatever it is, the buyers always have the upper hand; strictly, ONLY the owners of the flat is allowed to stay there, regardless of whatever agreement you have.

The seller want to sue you for breach of agreement, such agreement cannot be enforced since by abiding to it would result in HDB confiscating the flat or a fine. The buyers can just say he was coerced into signing without knowing the regulations, and since now they realised it is against HDB regulations, they do not want to abide by it.

Eg You signed an agreement with me to help me take some items from a place, which I told you is my shop. But on the day you go to the shop and realised that its not mine, the shopowner stopped you from taking the items. Do you still take them and risk being jailed for theft??

It's best to check with your lawyers, as they are the people most qualified to advise you. In one case, my friend got the sellers to sign and notarise a document with the terms and conditions for staying after the 2nd appt date. Whatever it is, you and the seller must have the agreement on paper which will protect you in a court, if it ever gets to that.

After facing all kinds of **** from my seller's side, I prefer to be more cautious than regret later.