Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I'm gonna remove those vertical grills installed on our full length windows to install a raised platform there

i think the window glass is the normal glass, not the tempered glass kind... so it can shatter if heavily struck... so HDB put the vertical grills on the bottom part to prevent large objects (and children) from ramming into the glass... :yamseng:

let's check with HDB when we collect keys whether the window glass is tempered or not... :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm gonna remove those vertical grills installed on our full length windows to install a raised platform there

i doing laminated flooring as well for all areas not done by HDB. Durable is one time i looking at, whether it can take the harsh weather here in SG, cos like xlan, we also slp like LOG :yamseng:

Price also another factor, next is the number of variation like colours, design, etc

So excited now.. Think my BLk is ready! (me in Blk 25A) dont know when will the HDB ask me to go sign the agreement? Din hear anything from them yet? Status states still processing my HLE.. so slow man! I sent on the 21st June, now still no news.. slow slow slow... :rolleyes:

Mine too... slow slow slow :good:

i think the window glass is the normal glass, not the tempered glass kind... so it can shatter if heavily struck... so HDB put the vertical grills on the bottom part to prevent large objects (and children) from ramming into the glass... :yamseng:

let's check with HDB when we collect keys whether the window glass is tempered or not... :rolleyes:

i'm sure the contractors are smart enough

rommie, can help me to check with him.. which brand n grade consider good n durable? cos i intend to hv laminates in my rooms.. but knowing my place will b very windy.. so most likely rain will sure splash in.. esp those sudden rain at the middle of the nite.. we sleep like a pig liao.. hardly aware of the rain n porbably not in time to wake up n close the windows for all the 3 rooms at the same time.. then surely will spoil the floor in no time.. how? ;)

thanks in advance!

Hi xlan

Highlight your case to hubby... he mentioned that for laminate flooring rite... care must be taken else in long. Water patches on laminate flooring should be wiped off ASAP and when mopping rite... the mop should not be too damp else it will ruin the laminate.

He did mention that "supreme laminate" is better but of course it comes with a price lah...

For your case rite... he did said tiles seems better coz even if water is left unwiped is still ok.

rommie, can help me to check with him.. which brand n grade consider good n durable? cos i intend to hv laminates in my rooms.. but knowing my place will b very windy.. so most likely rain will sure splash in.. esp those sudden rain at the middle of the nite.. we sleep like a pig liao.. hardly aware of the rain n porbably not in time to wake up n close the windows for all the 3 rooms at the same time.. then surely will spoil the floor in no time.. how? :lol:

thanks in advance!

Hi xlan

Highlight your case to hubby... he mentioned that for laminate flooring rite... must and should maintain in long run. Water patches on laminate flooring should be wiped off ASAP and when mopping, the mop should not be too damp else it will ruin the laminate.

He did mention that "supreme laminate" is better but of course it comes with a price lah...

For your case rite... he did said tiles seems better coz even if water is left unwiped is still ok.

Hope info helps... :notti:

latest update on myHDB homepage for my flat

Probable Completion Date: 4th Qtr 07

Delivery Possession Date: 30 Nov 08

What about you?? check it out!

Edited by nemofc

Hi Nemofc

I also saw the date updates on my page. I also saw this:" Design Type Improved (New Series) ".

What does Improved (New Series) mean? :)

hmmm but mine is "MOdel A" lei :dunno:

Hi guys,

Anyway, I am also very excited like you as I too purchase my 1st home but its a resale @ block 118A.

Welcome to Jalan Membina and into my territory hehe (I have been staying around the area for over 25 yrs.) :dancingqueen:

hmmm but mine is "MOdel A" lei ;)

mine also showing teh same thing as nemofc leh.. delivery date also 30 nov 08 :dancingqueen:

hmmm... thought can collect earlier like in Oct :)

Hi guys, IKEA is having its annual sale. Now till 12 August.

www.ikea.com.sg

of course not everything will be on sale...

hmmm but mine is "MOdel A" lei 8|

Got this previously when looking at resale flats... tink the model refer to how big the flat is

3A= 73sqm-82sqm

3 1/2= 82-92.5sqm

3NG= new generation , 70-78sqm

3I = improved, 65-72sqm

3S= simplified/small, 54-65sqm

4A=101-106sqm

4A1=90-95sqm

4A2 = 85-90sqm <<<< this shld be ours :P

5I= 101-127sqm

5A= 127-135sqm

5Amais= 135-140sqm

E-apt = 140-155sqm

E-mais= 137-150sqm

jumbo(exec)= 155-199sqm

Hi guys, IKEA is having its annual sale. Now till 12 August.

www.ikea.com.sg

of course not everything will be on sale...

maybe can go there and buy a few plastic chairs... like the ones I have now, very sturdy and cheap :P

BLK 25A

- redbottle

- loobhlinda

- pert

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK

- Green

BLK 26A

-

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar

- noellechua