Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

xlan, is it better to use citygas heater since already install for us?

btw, for those visit the unit at 25A, did you saw the scv point in the kitchen? why would hdb install a scv point in the kitchen? for us to watch tv there? heee

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So nice to see all the pictures of the new flat.. I might be going down this weekend to have a look.. hope its not as small as what some of you mentioned..

btw, i m interested in baking too :P

hehe should be, will you be doing a built in? Pls give me tips yah, i m just starting out actually but its more fun if more people bake together! and i cant finish the muffins unless we share it around :P

yah we went to see the show flats and found the 4 rm flat abit small so we decided to opt for 5 room.

Is that question for me? yes, will be built-in below the cookerhood. isn't it standard to built-in there? i'm not sure either. We went to ikea (Tampines) yesterday and saw the kitchen showflat there. I would love to have an oven, even if No bake cakes, can roast chicken. heeee

Show flat at where? yours is 5 room? forgotten liao

Good Morning to all! so glad to see this thread is still active even at work.. ho ho

Edited by nemofc

gas water heater is v safe.. in sg is not as popular as electric ones cos gas water heater was mainly for very hot water to be used in winter.. in HK.. we used more than 20yrs n it has nvr failed to perform or neither any mishap happened.. the only thing tat has to be sured.. is the airflow.. 空气一定要流通.. in HK usually the back of the heater are sticking out of the windows.. but HDB here hv the law that cannot install anything protrude out of the window.. so tats y our heater is inside the house but near to the windows.. to allow better airflow..

hence.. i don't think is safe to conceal it if u decide to install the gas water heater...

oh, i mean to conceal the water pipes only, cos the pipes will be hot when the gas water heater is in use...

ya, cannot fully box up the gas water heater... the citigas regulation is that if the gas water heater is placed in a cabinet, the top and bottom part of the cabinet must not be covered, and the front must be lourved...

the citigas pple will advise how to position the gas water heater when they go to the flat to turn on the gas supply...

Is that question for me? yes, will be built-in below the cookerhood. isn't it standard to built-in there? i'm not sure either. We went to ikea (Tampines) yesterday and saw the kitchen showflat there. I would love to have an oven, even if No bake cakes, can roast chicken. heeee

Show flat at where? yours is 5 room? forgotten liao

Good Morning to all! so glad to see this thread is still active even at work.. ho ho

showflat at hdb level 2... yups it is quite standard, not too sure we r going for in-built or what also.

yups ours is 5 rooms, hehe no1 posted any pictues of 5 rooms, i have no idea what it looks like inside but mine dont come with kitchen tiles if i didnt recall wrongly.

showflat at hdb level 2... yups it is quite standard, not too sure we r going for in-built or what also.

yups ours is 5 rooms, hehe no1 posted any pictues of 5 rooms, i have no idea what it looks like inside but mine dont come with kitchen tiles if i didnt recall wrongly.

O yes, i went too. Likely will be built-in cos' kitchen rather small. We dun intend to do so much of cabinets in kitchen.

Yours will be bigger than ours. if i'm right, you have extra corner like a study room next to living room

hmm... there were showflats for our Jln Membina estate?

showflat at hdb hub, pal

Are you referring to the Habitat Forum at HDB Hub @ Level 3?

http://www69.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eaap006p.ns...howflatInfo.htm

Great! then will visit the showflat at hdb hub this week...

that's a standard showflat only, not features jln membina flat

xlan, is it better to use citygas heater since already install for us?

btw, for those visit the unit at 25A, did you saw the scv point in the kitchen? why would hdb install a scv point in the kitchen? for us to watch tv there? heee

mm.. i dunno is it better.. but for me, i'd jus go for the free gas heater offering frm citygas.. the only con i can think of would be the "pomp" sound when u turn on ur hot water tap in bathrooms.. tat "pomp" sound can be quite loud n will scare off some.. hahaaa.. like my mom.. she didn't expect the sound to be so loud cos our gas heater in HK is quite silent or jus a soft "pomp"... hahahahaa.. btw.. she heard the citygas one frm her colleague's new house during the housewarming..

mm.. i dunno is it better.. but for me, i'd jus go for the free gas heater offering frm citygas.. the only con i can think of would be the "pomp" sound when u turn on ur hot water tap in bathrooms.. tat "pomp" sound can be quite loud n will scare off some.. hahaaa.. like my mom.. she didn't expect the sound to be so loud cos our gas heater in HK is quite silent or jus a soft "pomp"... hahahahaa.. btw.. she heard the citygas one frm her colleague's new house during the housewarming..

:yamseng: really?! sound scarely lei.

showflat at hdb hub, pal

oh... I thought the showflats were only the Jurong ones... I called HDB before I entered the BE and they told me no showflats for the Jln Membina ones :yamseng:

:( really?! sound scarely lei.

got free demo @ Power Supply building :)