Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

anyone interested in a fairly good deal for Serta Missouri KING size?

PM me :)

One,

Your offer came too late, I bought my Slumberland King size bed in Aug.. Now, I had bought nearly all my electricals stuff, left only TV not purchased yet.. Waiting for the Sitex 2007 in end Nov.. Hope to get a good deal there..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi xlan,

Have you choose your furniture from Furniture Club? One of the sales guy told me that we should start choosing now as they require about 2 months to manufacture. Furthermore, it's very near to CNY. They may take longer time to produce.

hi dorcas! i selected and confirmed with my choices already.. 2mths? tat long meh? i tot i heard 2 weeks but anyway.. in fact.. not all the sofas can be tailored to fit into our apartment.. gotta b really careful.. cos the set i chosen.. actually wanted to request the legging to be a little more inwards so that is not so protruding n not so easily to kick onto it.. but the boss (lxxlie) said that particular model are made in china n due to long distance communication over IDD.. china side may not get the instructions clearly n make correctly.. so may not really can "hide" the legging inward.. :) true or not.. sigh.. anyway.. if they tell u 2mths.. then take it as 2 mths loh.. u paid deposit already or hvn't? cos if paid liao then i guess better decide fast la.. if not later they put the blame on u n deliver late.. sigh.. :)

One,

Your offer came too late, I bought my Slumberland King size bed in Aug.. Now, I had bought nearly all my electricals stuff, left only TV not purchased yet.. Waiting for the Sitex 2007 in end Nov.. Hope to get a good deal there..

wahahahahaha.. me too waiting for the sitex to buy LCD.. haha..

Happy,

Sure.. I will let you know when the carpentary is up.. My detailed drawings are out already, so likely straight after the tiling is up and ready, the carpentary will be up..

Cindy, I will not be there on Tuesday, I will leave most of the work to my ID, saving my annual leave for the carpentary part.. Maybe meet another day? :)

Sure! No problem. I am clearing my anuual leave now or my company eat it all up.

congrats cindy!!

your appointment date is even earlier than mine. so jealous... hehe... :)

zlia and peng ling, i've pm u the contacts. remember to bargain!!

hehe ! Pai seh. Must talk nicely to the officer and show then u care about them and then I got the key collection date within a day. Luckily, nvr ask my hb to talk to them, surely get the keys in 2008.

One,

How much did u pay for it ? We bought a Slumberland king size classic bed at $1300 without making any research ? Do u think it is expensive ?

can i check with 4-roomers, how much are you quoted for homo tiles for living/dining+foyer+HHS+passageway, excluding sand and haulage? i receive quotes from 1k+ to 2k+ for this. tiles used not much price difference.

i just learn that for sand and haulage, if u are using cement screeding in the bedrooms for laminate flooring, u can actually bargain with town council for lower price. reason being you are buying less sand than those who are doing homo tiles for the whole flat.

i'm also quoted china granite top (dunno wad galaxy) at $120/ft and kitchen glass swing door at $950. is this expensive?

can i check with 4-roomers, how much are you quoted for homo tiles for living/dining+foyer+HHS+passageway, excluding sand and haulage? i receive quotes from 1k+ to 2k+ for this. tiles used not much price difference.

i just learn that for sand and haulage, if u are using cement screeding in the bedrooms for laminate flooring, u can actually bargain with town council for lower price. reason being you are buying less sand than those who are doing homo tiles for the whole flat.

i'm also quoted china granite top (dunno wad galaxy) at $120/ft and kitchen glass swing door at $950. is this expensive?

For "galaxy" (I think Impreial galaxy, it is black) my renovator quoted $90/psf I think, and for kitchen glass door.. how come it is so expensive? :)

From what I know it range around $400 to $500. Depends on what kind of thing u request, unless it is too fancy, say there is floor spring, etc.

For "galaxy" (I think Impreial galaxy, it is black) my renovator quoted $90/psf I think, and for kitchen glass door.. how come it is so expensive? :)

From what I know it range around $400 to $500. Depends on what kind of thing u request, unless it is too fancy, say there is floor spring, etc.

thanks!!

i think we did ask for floor spring. not sure wad it is called. but it's the metal piece that's drilled into the floor that gives a groove feel when open. i thot it will be safer with this. so how ah? do u think this floor spring is necessary? :)

our kitchen entrance is such a headache. all sorts of door also cannot accomodate. :yamseng:

hi dorcas! i selected and confirmed with my choices already.. 2mths? tat long meh? i tot i heard 2 weeks but anyway.. in fact.. not all the sofas can be tailored to fit into our apartment.. gotta b really careful.. cos the set i chosen.. actually wanted to request the legging to be a little more inwards so that is not so protruding n not so easily to kick onto it.. but the boss (lxxlie) said that particular model are made in china n due to long distance communication over IDD.. china side may not get the instructions clearly n make correctly.. so may not really can "hide" the legging inward.. :dunno: true or not.. sigh.. anyway.. if they tell u 2mths.. then take it as 2 mths loh.. u paid deposit already or hvn't? cos if paid liao then i guess better decide fast la.. if not later they put the blame on u n deliver late.. sigh.. :furious:

Hi xlan,

I think they are trying to protect themselves, just in case it din really come as what you have requested for. My concern is the size of the sofa. Most models are quite big. I like a L-shape sofa but seems quite cramped to put one.

We also eyed on one black dining tables with sparkling dust. This was seen at Trade Hub 21 branch. But the sale persons told me they left with few pieces and it was on sale. So it's not worth if we wanted it for our package. Dunno if it's true too.

Hopefully I can settle this by next sat.

thanks!!

i think we did ask for floor spring. not sure wad it is called. but it's the metal piece that's drilled into the floor that gives a groove feel when open. i thot it will be safer with this. so how ah? do u think this floor spring is necessary? :dunno:

our kitchen entrance is such a headache. all sorts of door also cannot accomodate. :curse:

For Kitchen Entrance, how about those sliding door which slide at the inner side of the kitchen, instead at the foyer side? I do understand that some of you highlighted that there are sockets at the inner side. Can these be remove and place somewhere else?

thanks!!

i think we did ask for floor spring. not sure wad it is called. but it's the metal piece that's drilled into the floor that gives a groove feel when open. i thot it will be safer with this. so how ah? do u think this floor spring is necessary? :furious:

our kitchen entrance is such a headache. all sorts of door also cannot accomodate. :dunno:

For me, what I did is a normal swing tempered glass door. (two panels, one fix and one swing).

The reason of two panels is that the width of the door is going to be quite wide, and causing the glass door to be heavy. therefore we opted for two panels. and it can swing either side.

As for sliding, there are sockets at one end (inside the kitchen) and MCB at the other side (MCB = Main Circuit Breaker??).To relocate, etc we feel is a bit of hassle and spend more money, so can save a bit there.

We didn't opt for floor spring is because safety issue to the kids, in case they follow you from behind while u open the door and u didn't know, or some other scenarios where they plan with it and the floor spring will add pressure/hurt their little hands.

Otherwise you can opt for one which can be flipped (dunno what it's called), something similar to PD door.

For me, what I did is a normal swing tempered glass door. (two panels, one fix and one swing).

The reason of two panels is that the width of the door is going to be quite wide, and causing the glass door to be heavy. therefore we opted for two panels. and it can swing either side.

As for sliding, there are sockets at one end (inside the kitchen) and MCB at the other side (MCB = Main Circuit Breaker??).To relocate, etc we feel is a bit of hassle and spend more money, so can save a bit there.

We didn't opt for floor spring is because safety issue to the kids, in case they follow you from behind while u open the door and u didn't know, or some other scenarios where they plan with it and the floor spring will add pressure/hurt their little hands.

Otherwise you can opt for one which can be flipped (dunno what it's called), something similar to PD door.

MCB at the other side? Is which side? Toilet entrance?

MCB at the other side? Is which side? Toilet entrance?

it's the foyer side. the wall between foyer and kitchen.

thanks for all your advice. i'll get a glass swing door without floor spring. save money. yeah! :furious:

gadgetgal, is your fixed panel at the fridge side or the toilet side?

it's the foyer side. the wall between foyer and kitchen.

thanks for all your advice. i'll get a glass swing door without floor spring. save money. yeah! :furious:

gadgetgal, is your fixed panel at the fridge side or the toilet side?

fixed panel at the fridge side, cause the swing side will rest by the wall when you open. (otherwise it may block your fridge).

For those that do not have 5-rm floor plan.

Jln Membina 5rm flat

Edited by gadgetgal

Hi xlan,

I think they are trying to protect themselves, just in case it din really come as what you have requested for. My concern is the size of the sofa. Most models are quite big. I like a L-shape sofa but seems quite cramped to put one.

We also eyed on one black dining tables with sparkling dust. This was seen at Trade Hub 21 branch. But the sale persons told me they left with few pieces and it was on sale. So it's not worth if we wanted it for our package. Dunno if it's true too.

Hopefully I can settle this by next sat.

For Kitchen Entrance, how about those sliding door which slide at the inner side of the kitchen, instead at the foyer side? I do understand that some of you highlighted that there are sockets at the inner side. Can these be remove and place somewhere else?

dorcas, bring ur ID to select for you.. cos frm my very pleasent experience with my ID, i brought him to do our final selection.. he helped us with the measurements, colors, fabrics, even cushion combinations, everything! really really helpful with ID around.. that time when we selected our L-shaped sofa n coffee table.. he did the measurements carefully to ensure can fit in n still hv enough room to walk.. :furious:

s for the kitchen door, ours will b sliding door at the foyer side..

has anyone already done a sliding door on the foyer side?? i was quoted $750 for it...

Edited by redbottle

sliding door at foyer side is my first choice. the ppl i've talked to all say not possible, cos either that the main door will bang into it or that there's not enuf space for the track. but if xlan's id can do it, why they can't? :dribble:

don't really want sliding door hiding behind the fridge. 1stly, don't wish to relocate the sockets. 2ndly, it will become a space to accumulate dust.

one contractor suggest doing a bi-fold door such that when the door is opened, it rests nicely on the wall. next to the opened door will be the shoe cabinet. this idea is creative but i've cannot imgaine how it will turn out to be. dunno will look nice or not.

i suggested pd door and he said the quality is bad. will pose lotsa problems in the future.

the only choice i have left is swing glass door.