Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Prints Of Replica Paintings

read in today's ST digital life that there's a guy who sells prints of replica paintings

with royalty going to the artists

from USD25 for A4-size paper print to USD125 for six-foot canvas reproduction

good for those who are looking for something to up the chic-level :notti:

artprintsasia.com

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

go on a holiday to hanoi and get it for 5% the price...

a nation infested with pirated DVDs and music, suddenly you want to pay royalty to artists? get real!

artists shall be highly rewarded to his/her original piece, I dun think they are so sialan to get "royalty" for their replicas.....

my sister is an artist, I dun think she would do that too. 1 masterpiece means 1 masterpiece, no replica shall be allowed!

go on a holiday to hanoi and get it for 5% the price...

a nation infested with pirated DVDs and music, suddenly you want to pay royalty to artists? get real!

i'm not into pirated stuff, that's as good as stealing to me :sport-smiley-003:

artists shall be highly rewarded to his/her original piece, I dun think they are so sialan to get "royalty" for their replicas.....

my sister is an artist, I dun think she would do that too. 1 masterpiece means 1 masterpiece, no replica shall be allowed!

Erm, I think you mean 'xia-jian' right?? sialan means...erm, never mind!! Haha... ;)

Anyway, I agree with you. Any artists worth their salt will not lower themselves to do this; they only endorse their one and only original artpiece, not replicas. IMO you probably won't catah any famous artists under this artprintasia.com.

i'm not into pirated stuff, that's as good as stealing to me 8|

I am sorry if sound like pouring cold water on your idea, but I really think you shouldn't waste any money on such artists in artprintasia. They are still replicas, but with 'cheap approval' from the artists themselves.

This is like you go JB to buy DVD and pay Jackie Chan to sign on it - do you think he will do it? Think even if you give him $10 million he also won't sign!

But if you ask a small, not-so-famous celebrity, if they are desperate and if the sum is right, they may do it. As celebrities, or artists, they should support originals and not go endorsing replicas just for the sake of money.

That's what I meant by...(sorry for the word), xia-jian. 8|

In fact, I will even take note of these artists in artprintasia and swear that I will never even buy their originals. Sure no value one!!

aiyo, the JB DVD are 100% original PIRATED stuff, nobody will sign for it!

the correct example is the china version 引进版 DVD selling at SGD$2 lah....in fact, much cheaper than the pirateds in JB lol! But they are authorized and legal "replicas".

sorry zirhk3355 and pals, I got very angry when it comes to this kind of mai pirate but act pirate kind of stuff, so a bit vulgar hope you guys dun mind hehe...

Edited by tingshen

aiyo, the JB DVD are 100% original PIRATED stuff, nobody will sign for it!

the correct example is the china version 引进版 DVD selling at SGD$2 lah....in fact, much cheaper than the pirateds in JB lol! But they are authorized and legal "replicas".

sorry zirhk3355 and pals, I got very angry when it comes to this kind of mai pirate but act pirate kind of stuff, so a bit vulgar hope you guys dun mind hehe...

Speaking of those China imported CDs/DVDs, I am quite skeptical. If they had came from authorised dealers, why can't the record companies do anything about it? They could just enforce that the CDs/DVDs be for local distribution only and not to be exported out from China. Thus I suspect that these China CDs/DVDs are just as "pirated" as those in JB.

no, they are not pirated, not the same as those "expensive pirated but genuine pirated" DVD in JB. The cost of producing these china DVD is lower compared to genuine . How to differentiate them? genuine pirated DVD are mostly filmed in the movie and as a results, it's d@mn blur, especially for new movies. However, by trying your luck, you could get some copied directly from master disc which is having the same quality as the originals, with all the features. China version approved original DVD however, is also very clear but with very limited features and they are strictly china/hk movies only.

It's meant for china market as the average income is lower there, it's not even meant for macau and hongkong market if you see the fineprint :bangwall: So the rule is rather strict at the first place, ONLY SOLD IN MAINLAND CHINA.

okay, my knowledge is only up to years ago when these china DVD are not available locally yet :dancingqueen: maybe there are some info is not 100% correct liao lah.

It's illegal to export the China DVD out, but it's legal to import them to any other country, provided the importing country has no control about it. Export restriction is enforced by the China government and importing to SG is under immigration and MDA's control. The joke is MDA bohchap and didn't care about protecting the local distributors. That's what happened now. U know, they even got approved censored sticker from MDA u know?

It's the same as playstation, and some other products. Certain things are only meant for certain countries. If i'm not wrong Sony used to sue a HK company til they bankrupt coz they export their HK set (or some games I can't remember) to european countries.

Edited by tingshen

OIC, thanks for your kind explanation.

BTW most of the DVDs in JB are now copied directly from master disc. Film-in-theatre versions are usually early stand-ins to cater to people who wants to watch the latest movies fast. After maybe 1 week, they would get their hands on the master discs and dub the movie from there. You can even exchange the film-in-theatre version for the better version.

As for the MDA's role, I am not surprised. However, they are also not wrong. Intellectural property rights (IPR) has always remain a private issue, where the bigger concern for the govt is censorship and media content. Like the eg you gave in the last para, the company will have to take up civil suits for IPR and that happens in all countries, I think.

Edited by zirhk3355