Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wtg54

Not So New Sk Ea

strangely, our ID did not tell us about the pipings?

have u heard of people who not change the pipe? like just keep the old PVC pipies..?

:notti:

nope. i ahve not heard of any that doesnt change it. did you look in details at your quote ? maybe he included it already ?

btw our of curiousity :lol: who is your ID :lol:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
nope. i ahve not heard of any that doesnt change it. did you look in details at your quote ? maybe he included it already ?

btw our of curiousity :notti: who is your ID :lol:

ID from design house. though not confirm with them yet.. will look at the quotation again. think they should have highlighted to us since we no experience with this

ID from design house. though not confirm with them yet.. will look at the quotation again. think they should have highlighted to us since we no experience with this

mayb you approach other ID to get quote and then do comparison :notti:

mayb you approach other ID to get quote and then do comparison :notti:

u still awake?

if not included then got to factor it in, extra costs.. sigh

strangely, our ID did not tell us about the pipings?

have u heard of people who not change the pipe? like just keep the old PVC pipies..?

:notti:

heard of pple who dun change the pipe

afterall, not all will want to stay in the flat for the rest of their lives

most who dun change intend to sell their flat after 5yrs so no point spending so much money :lol:

heard of pple who dun change the pipe

afterall, not all will want to stay in the flat for the rest of their lives

most who dun change intend to sell their flat after 5yrs so no point spending so much money :dunno:

icic

btw do u know how long these PVC pipes usually last? what kind of problems can it have?

:)

icic

btw do u know how long these PVC pipes usually last? what kind of problems can it have?

:)

eh not very sure leh

common problems will be leakage or grime in the pipes? :dunno::good:

think got one thread about the different types of piping but can't remember where liao :(

u still awake?

if not included then got to factor it in, extra costs.. sigh

yes that is why i suggest you get more quote to do comparison :rolleyes:

Hi Zeny,

Ask you about curtains..

How much did you spend and types of curtains you did? I am thinking of doing the whole place. Living, BR2 and BR3 normal type. Study, MBR need to be total darkness one. Any suggestions?

Thanks.. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Zeny,

Ask you about curtains..

How much did you spend and types of curtains you did? I am thinking of doing the whole place. Living, BR2 and BR3 normal type. Study, MBR need to be total darkness one. Any suggestions?

Thanks.. :dribble:

we kena con by one curtain man... who give us inferior material and accuse us for not stating in advance what kind we want so when you shop for curtain must be careful

my lesson is

1) CHEAP may not necessary be good, so ask where the material come from

2) STATE upfront what kind you want, eg if you want to block light, make sure it is written BLACK and wHITE on the invoice

3) dun always believe what the Curtain man say...do some research and ask them to bring Material for you to see and compare

4) when placing order make sure you remeber the codes of the curtain you want.

5) please refer to this thread for more details http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...=5980&st=40

for me ... all my bedroom are block out light curtains (>50% kind of blocking) :good: cos we sleep alot :bleah:

and my study room is block out roller blind (>50% kind of blocking) and my living room is 2 layer curtain ...one is those see through (dun remember the name of that kind of curtain) and the other is slight thicker...so when put both down...it good enuff to block out some light

total spent...think almost 2K

Edited by zeny

we kena con by one curtain man... who give us inferior material and accuse us for not stating in advance what kind we want so when you shop for curtain must be careful

my lesson is

1) CHEAP may not necessary be good, so ask where the material come from

2) STATE upfront what kind you want, eg if you want to block light, make sure it is written BLACK and wHITE on the invoice

3) dun always believe what the Curtain man say...do some research and ask them to bring Material for you to see and compare

4) when placing order make sure you remeber the codes of the curtain you want.

5) please refer to this thread for more details http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...=5980&st=40

for me ... all my bedroom are block out light curtains (>50% kind of blocking) :notti: cos we sleep alot :notti:

and my study room is block out roller blind (>50% kind of blocking) and my living room is 2 layer curtain ...one is those see through (dun remember the name of that kind of curtain) and the other is slight thicker...so when put both down...it good enuff to block out some light

total spent...think almost 2K

Hi zeny

Agree with you. reno never cheap. :jawdrop:

thanks for your thoughts on curtains.

ask you a few things

1. for homogenous tiles, is it better to get plain colour type or better with some linear design? want to have a spacious look. think both not bad, but maybe plain want more spacious look? linear want nice too but not sure if will look nice when laid down..

2. is it advisable to change the current PVC pipes before reno?

thanks

:jawdrop::jawdrop:

Hi zeny

Agree with you. reno never cheap. :notti:

thanks for your thoughts on curtains.

ask you a few things

1. for homogenous tiles, is it better to get plain colour type or better with some linear design? want to have a spacious look. think both not bad, but maybe plain want more spacious look? linear want nice too but not sure if will look nice when laid down..

2. is it advisable to change the current PVC pipes before reno?

thanks

:yamseng::notti:

my tiles are with marble-like lines

not too sure about the spacious look coz my living room is very long to start with

the pipes is a now-or-never thing

either you change before everything goes up or live with it loh