Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blackyv

High Ceiling Design Idea

hi.... i'm getting my sundial/punggol flat soon (4Q) and after recent sneak in to view my unit, my living hall ceiling is really high.. i mean.....very high and now, im stuck with ideas on what to do with it... false ceiling? L-box, or just leave it alone.... :)

anyone has done something like this or seen something like this before?? any ideas to share??... my worst worry is after the renovation, imagine if a bulb spoilt, chialat... where to find ladder high enough to change....

can go here to view the ceiling....

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bullvoodo...m?.dir=/4657scd

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hehehe, really leh

one man's meat is another man's poison

i would LOVE to have such a high ceiling

can go and buy chandelier and hang :):yamseng:

or you can consider those loft concept - have a 'second level' construct at one side as a cozy corner...

can put the arco lamp lo... so nice. wish our ceilings were higher! top floor liao still so low... sian.

btw have seen some pics in magazines... those high ceiling houses oso do l-box... but dun seem bright enuff. maybe higher wattage would suffice. false ceiling oso can lah but kinda defeat the purpose of having high ceiling...

How high are they ... 12 ...14 ft ... is this the hall area only ...

what is the floor size ?

easily 3-4 feet or even 5ft extra from norm ceiling by comparing the proposion of the window... didnt have any measurement tape with me that day.... !!

Never see any design like that before ... look at the window...its besically divided into half.

Nobody is gonna open that window on top ... Looks like it meant to be a split floor.

You may consider spliting at the window joint. ( only some floor areas )

This floor area may be used for your lighting for your lower area.

Make use of the area above as it provide sunlight & ventilation.

I own chandlier ... - dusty, need to clean every 6 mths ... especially dust are visible on the crystal

as they are very need the lights. Try dusting & vacuum, dust the whole place. Gotta bring it down

Also, if your are fixing ceiling fan, make sure they are higher that the lights.

I still recommend split level. As to what goes on top. depends on your lifestyle.

As you need to climb up or slide down often.

btw, i got a quote from ID that due to that high ceiling, there's extra $600 charges for them to rent some metal rack so that they could access that ceiling for any work (false ceiling, painting..etc...).. but according to my SIL, some condo has high ceiling and no reason for them to quote me those extra charges ... provide that id has not done any work for condo....

is those extra charges norm??...

I assume that it is those scafolding with rollers type. Also condo do not have such high ceiling.

Only landed prop ( near those staircase area ) or warehousing have such high ceiling.

It is true that there will be add on for this work. But, I suppose u could contra this other

of your reno job.

I also love those wonderful ceiling. Make me drool ....................

But commn, anyone had any ideas to solve the man problem..

May look like a warehouse if there is no theme

hehehe... glad that many here like my living hall with high ceiling and i myself love it very much but as warrior88 pointed it out, help thsi poor man mah... no idea to share??...

im thinking of:

#ceiling fan with light (worry about reaching it for cleaning) (must find those with long shaft and not those short short type sot hat it's lower and easier to reach for maintenance..)

#no false ceiling

#do L-box on both sides of the wall with window (not at the high ceiling but btw the beam of window, where the cracks is..) and those lights are aiming top ceiling

# have some nice wall light on the other 2 wall with no windows....

# no curtain for the top window.

# long curtain start from the L-box downward....

so far, that's my idea.... still thinking..... :dancingqueen:

Loft.

Great place you have there.

Check the height though.. Loft might not look nice if not enough space.. i think you might need 7-8ft to be comfortable.. dun forget the thickness for the "floor".

Edited by Phantom