Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rofy

Withdrawal Of Ownership From Flat

Seems like it's almost impossible to settle this w/o cash involvement. I was thinking if i get a resale flat myself at age 35. Will there be any complications if:-

1. I get a resale flat as a single at 35 and ROM later, will there be any issues with my status change from single to married after getting the flat?

2. ROM now and wait til 35 and get a flat using my name only?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Seems like it's almost impossible to settle this w/o cash involvement. I was thinking if i get a resale flat myself at age 35. Will there be any complications if:-

1. I get a resale flat as a single at 35 and ROM later, will there be any issues with my status change from single to married after getting the flat?

2. ROM now and wait til 35 and get a flat using my name only?

1. yes when you ROM your status changed to married so you can no longer hold the flat as a single. your spouse's name must be included in the application. better to check with HDB coz think this is to prevent married couple to have two flats

2. you cannot apply for a flat under the single scheme if you are married :yamseng:

Hi all,

Need some feedback on my queries. Am thinking of getting flat after ROM, but my gf has a share in her family's flat and she's the only person paying the housing bank loan(using bank loan, not HDB loan) by CPF. Another thing is that she would like to continue to pay for the loan after getting her name out. Also if it is possible that she don't need to pay back to CPF after she withdraw her name out of the house.

Is there any way that she could get her name out w/o having to pay? I'm not familiar with HDB rules/regulations, so if anyone can help/went through similar situations as me, pls kindly reply, thks very much. I will provide more details if needed.

Hi there Rofy - I'm in the same situation as your girlfren.. Only thing mine is further complicated by the fact that my bank wants me to withdraw my name & sell my share at the current market value, which is high now.

How did u eventually settle ur case? I'm getting so depressed thinking of it everyday

Hi there Rofy - I'm in the same situation as your girlfren.. Only thing mine is further complicated by the fact that my bank wants me to withdraw my name & sell my share at the current market value, which is high now.

How did u eventually settle ur case? I'm getting so depressed thinking of it everyday

There's nothing much that I can do, so have to move in with parents for the time being. Will update here if I find out any means of solving this problem.

for my case.. my hb's name was oso in the flat...

so when he remove his name... his parents have to top up wif cash to pay back his cpf...

but just remember... will hv to pay the amt he/she had paid using cpf, oso the interest and administrative fees....

in short... hv to top up more than wat he/she contributed using cpf...

My hubby was in this situation perviously. HDB classified the children as essential occupier. Which means children are added into the ownership of flat when the parents are unable to service the loan. Then the children will therefore, use their CPF to service the loan. After selling the flat or withdrawing the name, HDB will still classified you as a 1st timer. Provided you sign a form saying the flat will be selling under the parents name.

In order to withdraw the children name from the ownership of the house, you will have to pay back the amount withdraw from CPF + the amount of interest which would have been accumulated if the money wasn't withdraw. Which could be quite a large sum. In my hubby case, it was close to 40k.

My hubby and I was very depress about this issue. Infact we have been upset over it for more than a year before deciding what to do. We've planned to stay with his parents. But we couldn't get a grant if we are buying resale unless he get rid of the house before the 1st appointment. The only way was to sell the house 1st then buy another 1.

So they sold the flat this year, and move in when their sister for the time being. For my hubby, lucky their sister is there. Else this problem persist.

And also please take note, as when they are selling the flat, my hubby and I have already ROM, I need to be present during the 1st appointment to sign as a form of acknowledge and agree that my hubby is selling the flat.

I think a lot of parents never think about future issues or maybe they are unaware. Therefore, just add their children's name into the ownership of the flat. I have warn friends about my situation when they told me their parents wanna add their names in to service the loan using CPF.

Hope this little piece of info can help. :yamseng:

My hubby was in this situation perviously. HDB classified the children as essential occupier. Which means children are added into the ownership of flat when the parents are unable to service the loan. Then the children will therefore, use their CPF to service the loan. After selling the flat or withdrawing the name, HDB will still classified you as a 1st timer. Provided you sign a form saying the flat will be selling under the parents name.

In order to withdraw the children name from the ownership of the house, you will have to pay back the amount withdraw from CPF + the amount of interest which would have been accumulated if the money wasn't withdraw. Which could be quite a large sum. In my hubby case, it was close to 40k.

My hubby and I was very depress about this issue. Infact we have been upset over it for more than a year before deciding what to do. We've planned to stay with his parents. But we couldn't get a grant if we are buying resale unless he get rid of the house before the 1st appointment. The only way was to sell the house 1st then buy another 1.

So they sold the flat this year, and move in when their sister for the time being. For my hubby, lucky their sister is there. Else this problem persist.

And also please take note, as when they are selling the flat, my hubby and I have already ROM, I need to be present during the 1st appointment to sign as a form of acknowledge and agree that my hubby is selling the flat.

I think a lot of parents never think about future issues or maybe they are unaware. Therefore, just add their children's name into the ownership of the flat. I have warn friends about my situation when they told me their parents wanna add their names in to service the loan using CPF.

Hope this little piece of info can help. :P

ya, you are lucky, but i dun think so for my case..