Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jsken

Neighbour consent form

Hi, I am doing AA on my inter terrace house and have gotten the BCA approvals on the plans 

But now my contractor say to start work they need to apply start work permit also and in that permit , requires my neighbours to sign a consent form stating they consent us to do precon survey, install monitoring devices etc and then sign again on the findings and report 

Only after that submission to ura, then they will process the start work permit which again takes another 2-3 weeks 

Can I check if this is the norm? I figure my neighbours won't be too happy with the renovations during this time and still need their consent? And then delay again waiting for start work for two three weeks 

Tia

Please advise 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yes this is correct. basically it is the precon survey with photos being taken of the condition of the neighbours houses. this is done so that any disputes to your neighbours' property damage during your renovation can be confirmed that it was due to your renovation and not because of original damage. mainly to protect against false claims.

BCA is the one issuing permit to start work and not URA. without the consent forms of your neighbours, BCA will not issue the permit. Unless the neighbour cannot be reached after numerous attempts, then BCA will allow for that particular neighbour's consent to be excluded since cannot be reached to provide consent.

Ask your contactor to be on the ball about this and you may also want to go and help find the neighbours out of courtesy. My own project was delayed because one neighbour played hard to get and we never managed to obtain the consent after 2 months of trying to reach the owner even after sending registered letters and going to the house to look for them.

Edited by snoozee

Hi there, am curious - is this neighbour consent just the neighbour with adjoining wall, or all neighbours around the particular plot of land? Just bought a corner terrace for rebuild, and was wondering whether I need to start saying hi to the neighbours and buy them kopi!