Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GoodVictor

Thinking about buying a jointer-recommendations?

I am getting deeper and deeper into woodworking and my friend says I should get a jointer since we want to be building laminated boards and such. So I'm thinking I should go with an 8" jointer, I want to figure out if I should get a parallelogram (sp?) style one or would a Laguna Shear Tech II with the 'wedge bed' be good? I want to keep the budget under 2K if that's reasonable, the Laguna's seem to jump up to 3K if I get their 8" parallelogram models. I think I can get a Grizzly for around 1500 that is similar, just don't know if it's a good tool or not?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have a small family business producing furniture. It was started by my grandfather and now by me. Of course, the technology is constantly improving and improving. So I decided to pick up a new benchtop jointer. Of course, my business is doing everything fast and high quality, so the choice was very important. It took me a long time to choose exactly what I needed because there were tradeoffs everywhere, and it didn't work for me. I know a lot of people are looking for a benchtop jointer too, personally this site helped me best benchtop jointer