Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingshen

What's The Difference Between A "touch Up" And "yet-to-be-touched-up" Carpentry?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

what my carpenter told me was that the carcass was laminated in the factory then brought over.

if cut the wood to make it flush with the wall means the wood will be 5cm thick below but maybe 2cm thick on top, may not support the weight of the shelves and such.

so only way is to plaster the wall, but it's expensive. so i choose to live with it :dancingqueen:

I paid up full already also, but my ID said it's okay to call her if I find anything amiss or anything needs to be corrected, so far haven't activate her yet. heheh.

Mine is about the same also, the light brown (edge) of the wood with PVC is exposed. When I asked the carpenters about it, they merely painted it over with a white paint marker, I think that's what they would do if you ask them over for rectification.

mine ID also said the same thing "if anything give him a call"

After they paint over, does it looks better?

mine ID also said the same thing "if anything give him a call"

After they paint over, does it looks better?

From a distance it looks ok, but when you go near, you can see it quite clearly..

But i guess after a while, we get used to it ..

It's only the initial stage that we want it to be nice and perfect.

okay, just went to my new house and observed the carpentry at the edges....

one of the L shape corners is not flushed.......this is what happened when you are facing the carpentry and the wall is perpendicular to you. Sorry hoh, I dun have a camera.....nor a camera phone !!

the grey color one is the wall, red color is the carpentry, and the orange color is the laminate skirting....

carpentry.jpg

obviously the wood is straight but the wall is not, however, I saw my neighbours their carpentry all follow the wall and flushed one leh.....

what do you guys think? I dun think I will accept this and most probably they need to re do this part liao....

Hi tingshen, mine's done like that ...

presentation1ed2.gif

The wood is standard, straight, but the wall is not, esp the part with the skirting, doesn't make sense to leave a gap there also, so they cut off a little corner at the bottom to accomodate the skirting. As for the wall, they just push it as close as possible, then "seal it" up with this white rubbery putty, it's fine if your laminates are white/black/brown and your wall is the same color, doesn't look obvious. But if your wall/laminate is some other color, they might have to paint over the putty.

looks like this sort of carpentry problem is common, my kitchen cabinet also face the same thing, can see the brown wood underneath the white PVC