Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tingshen

What's The Difference Between A "touch Up" And "yet-to-be-touched-up" Carpentry?

I saw my carpentry work is quite jialat like that, the laminate is like warpping too, but my ID told me it's yet to be touched up, once it's touched up everything will be nice nice, is that true? any picture to share? the b4 and after picture?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mine has reasonable finishing on the exterior ... edges "sealed" up using a black marker (for black laminate)..

The insides are not so good, extra holes from drilling in wrong positions and other issues. Too tired to chase already, let it pass...

Mine has reasonable finishing on the exterior ... edges "sealed" up using a black marker (for black laminate)..

The insides are not so good, extra holes from drilling in wrong positions and other issues. Too tired to chase already, let it pass...

hi, mine also with the same problem as urs... :notti:

extra holes from drilling in wrong positions, the inner wood with patches, door not in line, etc...

I am asking for them to solve the problem for me. But they have yet to come.

hi, mine also with the same problem as urs... :unsure:

extra holes from drilling in wrong positions, the inner wood with patches, door not in line, etc...

I am asking for them to solve the problem for me. But they have yet to come.

I doubt there's much they can do about it ..

For those extra holes, they will just patch it up with some white paste which bulges up that area .. else, they will have to replace the entire wood, which is impossible.

Doors, you can still get them to retune them nicely.

Have you paid full already?

I doubt there's much they can do about it ..

For those extra holes, they will just patch it up with some white paste which bulges up that area .. else, they will have to replace the entire wood, which is impossible.

Doors, you can still get them to retune them nicely.

Have you paid full already?

hi lawry,

i have paid full when hand over. :dancingqueen:

didnt realise the holes and patches that time until we start using the carbinet.

My inner cabinet the PVC and the laminate joining have holes in between.

Can see the light brown wood.

Going to ask them to amend also. Is it possible?

I paid up full already also, but my ID said it's okay to call her if I find anything amiss or anything needs to be corrected, so far haven't activate her yet. heheh.

Mine is about the same also, the light brown (edge) of the wood with PVC is exposed. When I asked the carpenters about it, they merely painted it over with a white paint marker, I think that's what they would do if you ask them over for rectification.

okay, just went to my new house and observed the carpentry at the edges....

one of the L shape corners is not flushed.......this is what happened when you are facing the carpentry and the wall is perpendicular to you. Sorry hoh, I dun have a camera.....nor a camera phone :good:

the grey color one is the wall, red color is the carpentry, and the orange color is the laminate skirting....

carpentry.jpg

obviously the wood is straight but the wall is not, however, I saw my neighbours their carpentry all follow the wall and flushed one leh.....

what do you guys think? I dun think I will accept this and most probably they need to re do this part liao....

Edited by tingshen

hmm that's the alignment of your wall liao

my walls also slanted so my carpenter already made this known to me

if i want i can pay for someone to plaster my wall to make it straight :good:

but guess i can live with a little gap in between, provided i know of this before anything started and i have a choice.