Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hongss

Central Heater?

Thanks for all who replied.

I should be clearer on this first. Mine is a new flat unit. so no existing piping. The ID quote $320 to supply and install a 30L heater. There is another separate cost for laying the piping for hot and cold water to the outlets in my 2 other bath rooms. He is charging me per unit bathroom basis. I think is $90 per room.

So based on what i read, the charges for the supply and install of the heater is still reasonable.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
oh ya, mace, forgot to clarify this, i am in constrn field but in no way im promoting my company service here coz my company do turnkey govt, industrial, commercial big projects. not housing projects. so no conflict interest here. but i hv major difficulties in sourcing ids, renovators, electrical products etc. coz i must check that these company dun hv conflict with my company, coz we must declare everything for audit, vy strict rules we hv here.

so maybe that are some of the reasons why i hv to source like crazy for even simple stuffs.

and also another reason is that i keep reading up threads where there are contractors, promoters of their own stuffs that they are selling, so i double and double confirm, i am not trying to sell anythings or promoting any company here. juz plain putting up what i know to share with forumers here.

wakaka no worries lah....my tblog makes pple think i selling SAR BOON HUN 24.gif

Thanks for all who replied.

I should be clearer on this first. Mine is a new flat unit. so no existing piping. The ID quote $320 to supply and install a 30L heater. There is another separate cost for laying the piping for hot and cold water to the outlets in my 2 other bath rooms. He is charging me per unit bathroom basis. I think is $90 per room.

So based on what i read, the charges for the supply and install of the heater is still reasonable.

so you mean it's $320 + $90 + $90 ?

wiring leh? included in the $320?

This is what was quoted.

The way I read it is $320 to supply and install the heat, should include any mounting and hook-up for wiring. I don't know if this is a reasonable assumption. Maybe I should ask him to clarify this in black and white.

And $90 for each point of hot/cold water that i need to run to. Currently he quote me for 2 bathrooms. so we based on 2 points per bathroom, so total of 4 points for $360. Any additional location outside these areas will be additional cost.

This is what was quoted.

The way I read it is $320 to supply and install the heat, should include any mounting and hook-up for wiring. I don't know if this is a reasonable assumption. Maybe I should ask him to clarify this in black and white.

And $90 for each point of hot/cold water that i need to run to. Currently he quote me for 2 bathrooms. so we based on 2 points per bathroom, so total of 4 points for $360. Any additional location outside these areas will be additional cost.

if wiring + all necessary piping to all toilets + installation = $300-$400 then i think quite ok lor.

So my deal is not that good after all?

$320 for the cost of the heater and installing the heater. Additional $$ to run the piping to the toilet's taps.

Then not so good leh...must negotiate again then

So my deal is not that good after all?

$320 for the cost of the heater and installing the heater. Additional $$ to run the piping to the toilet's taps.

Then not so good leh...must negotiate again then

my total plumbing cost = $380.00 (exluding electrical wiring - $90)

1) detour the water piping round the kitchen(1 big L shape). joints to 1 basin, 2x taps(washingmachine+misc)

2) join pipes from water heater to main piping.

3) join pipes from water heater to 2nd toilet.

4) remove existing mbr basin to fix in common toilet, fix new tap.

5) fix new sq basin in mbr

6) fix all toilet accessories

but this is just one part of my whole reno....price might not be accurate although i have scrutinized all other reno works...none was overcharged to cover the plumbing works.

all stainless steel. when i am free i will try to take a pic of all the pipes.

my total plumbing cost = $380.00 (exluding electrical wiring - $90)

1) detour the water piping round the kitchen(1 big L shape). joints to 1 basin, 2x taps(washingmachine+misc)

2) join pipes from water heater to main piping. Is this from the main pipe mentioned in item 1 and connecting to the water heater to supply from PUB main to the heater tank?

3) join pipes from water heater to 2nd toilet. Is this for 2 line, one hot one cold?4) remove existing mbr basin to fix in common toilet, fix new tap.

5) fix new sq basin in mbr

6) fix all toilet accessories

but this is just one part of my whole reno....price might not be accurate although i have scrutinized all other reno works...none was overcharged to cover the plumbing works.

all stainless steel. when i am free i will try to take a pic of all the pipes. Is the material cost part of the total $380?

Is this from the main pipe mentioned in item 1 and connecting to the water heater to supply from PUB main to the heater tank?

kitchen is on groundflr, my toilets are on secondflr...me living in a EM.

Is this for 2 line, one hot one cold?

ya, but then not very long....see if this weekend me free then take pics.

Is the material cost part of the total $380?

of cos!:bangwall:

but I engage my contractor to do up the house...not just plumbing. if only plumbing ALONE definitely should be expensive.

From the below link its apparent that gas water heaters are most economical. City gas is even giving the heater free. I am considering to install the same .

http://www.citygas.com.sg/index.php?option...2&Itemid=60

Can anyone advise on the performance of the heater ? Does it affect water pressure in anyway ? safety issues ?

Edited by pisces

5rm flat , currently 2 occupants, me and my wife, maybe later(not so soon), parent might be joining in. The storage will be only used for the 2 bathrooms. Should I get 20 or 25 liters storage? Should I go for Joven or Ariston? Thanks.

5rm flat , currently 2 occupants, me and my wife, maybe later(not so soon), parent might be joining in. The storage will be only used for the 2 bathrooms. Should I get 20 or 25 liters storage? Should I go for Joven or Ariston? Thanks.

hi, refer to my posting above. hope it helps to make the pic clearer to you.