Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fanmily

2022 construction costs

15 hours ago, Itanium said:

Yeah i did purchase the SIP from PUB. The sewer pipe was just within backyard setback line .. so close to avoiding this cost :P

Unless the sewer line is just nice 1m inside your boundary, there's no way you can avoid the RC trench cost unless you are willing to setback you house more. Cos the regulations is that you need to setback 1m away from the sewer if the sewer is less than 3m deep. for sewers more than 3m deep, the setback increases if you do not want the trench.

The "good" thing about needing to build the trench is that now you can shift the last IC to another location if you want. I think many old houses will have the last IC somewhere in between the left and right boundary lines so if the sewer line is outside, you can't really shift the IC location since you cannot access the main sewer line to create a new connection. But since you are exposing the sewer line to build the trench, you can now build the new last IC in another location (with new connection to the sewer line) so that your last IC won't end up smack in the middle of your new kitchen/yard. You will need to work with your architect and get PUB's approval for the new IC location but this can be done as I've done it for my house to shift the last IC elsewhere when the trench was built.

Do note that according to PUB's regulations, the RC trench must be left accessible in case PUB needs to do any form of maintenance/repairs to the sewer line. But then I guess most owners will just cover it up after the inspection is over and approval granted. Of cos this is done at own risk since the floor would need to be hacked to expose the trench. Of cos you can always to a removable decking over it if you want so it's up to you on how to make the area more aesthetically pleasing rather than seeing raw concrete slabs which cover the trench.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi guys. My QS given me an initial prelim estimate at 410 psf. No marble and fancy materials. Based on Italian tiles and regular fittings. Will give an update when I do tendering. 

2 hours ago, fanmily said:

Hi guys. My QS given me an initial prelim estimate at 410 psf. No marble and fancy materials. Based on Italian tiles and regular fittings. Will give an update when I do tendering. 

This is for how many sqf?

I spoke to a contractor recently and he mentioned that construction cost for 3 storey inter-terrace is now about 1.6m. Went up a lot.

19 hours ago, fanmily said:

Snoozee how many sqf is the inter terrace? 

no idea on the built up but i assume it's based on the usual 1600sqf land size

When renovating, you can't skimp on utilities. Systems of gas supply, sewerage, water supply, heating, and ventilation can fail suddenly and at the most inopportune moment. An unexpected pipe burst will cost a pretty penny because you will have to eliminate the consequences of the flood for yourself and the neighbors. As a rule, in new buildings with this problem is not. But in the secondary housing is better to immediately change the old pipes and radiators. It is also possible to buy good metal hoops for fixing structures https://www.scrooz.com.au/hardware/metal-strapping/hoop-iron-metal-strapping/. If you decide to repair, then buy only quality materials.

It's important to factor in the cost of repointing brick stairs and walls when estimating the cost of a construction project. Tuckpointing services is a specialized that requires a skilled mason to ensure the job is done correctly. It's important to get a professional to do the job to ensure the longevity of the structure.

Hi all, I intend to do a re-construct of my aged parents inter terrace and have some questions. Hope to get some insights here.

Basic Info

Land size 2000 sqft / Build-in - 1800 sqft (approx)

Build year: 1990 - Bedok Planning area (URA states 2 storeys)

Intended build: 3.5 storey (0.5 will be attic with partial open roof for bbq/washing clothes)  (not sure if 3.5 storey is allowed) - 3,000 to 3,500 sqft (not going for max envelop)

Loan

Pty is in my parents names (77 y.o.), hence I believe that it is not possible to obtain a construction loan even with my/wife name as co-borrower/guarantor. Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect. As such I intend to reconstruct using cash. However, if there is an avenue to go for a loan I will be most delighted.

Cost of reconstruct

I do not need an atas rebuild. I only require quality and long lasting materials. I read that current build cost is abt 400psf. How much is the variance for this cost?

I also understand that I need various other fees such as Architect/QE/Surveyor/Fees to URA & BCA/Soil testing/Interior designer, etc.

Is a combined 1.5m sufficient for inter terrace reconstruct?

Who to approach for the job?

Been trying to find online resources to provide a quotation for the job but all I see are Ads on builders.

Should I start by looking for an architect? I dont feel comfortable to find a turn-key builder.

Is there any reliable list of reconstruction people whom I can find information and reach out.

Looking forward to reading your replies!

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, wildfaye29 said:

Hi all, I intend to do a re-construct of my aged parents inter terrace and have some questions. Hope to get some insights here.

Basic Info

Land size 2000 sqft / Build-in - 1800 sqft (approx)

Build year: 1990 - Bedok Planning area (URA states 2 storeys)

Intended build: 3.5 storey (0.5 will be attic with partial open roof for bbq/washing clothes)  (not sure if 3.5 storey is allowed) - 3,000 to 3,500 sqft (not going for max envelop)

Loan

Pty is in my parents names (77 y.o.), hence I believe that it is not possible to obtain a construction loan even with my/wife name as co-borrower/guarantor. Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect. As such I intend to reconstruct using cash. However, if there is an avenue to go for a loan I will be most delighted.

Cost of reconstruct

I do not need an atas rebuild. I only require quality and long lasting materials. I read that current build cost is abt 400psf. How much is the variance for this cost?

I also understand that I need various other fees such as Architect/QE/Surveyor/Fees to URA & BCA/Soil testing/Interior designer, etc.

Is a combined 1.5m sufficient for inter terrace reconstruct?

Who to approach for the job?

Been trying to find online resources to provide a quotation for the job but all I see are Ads on builders.

Should I start by looking for an architect? I dont feel comfortable to find a turn-key builder.

Is there any reliable list of reconstruction people whom I can find information and reach out.

Looking forward to reading your replies!

Thanks in advance!

look at your neighbours along your stretch who had rebuilt and see if they are rebuilt to 2.5 storey or 3.5 storey. but best is check URA master plan to confirm since houses on different sides of the road can be based on different zoning.

if you checked URA master plan on landed residential zone and yours fall within 2 storey mixed landed, that means you can only built up to 2.5 storey. however based on envelope control, you can add in a mezzanine storey within hence making it a physical 4 storey building. with this said, a physical 4 storey building will mean you need to get SCDF fire clearance certificate as well for TOP.

Whether can take loan or not you need to talk to a banker. Just send some enquiries to the banks and see which ones want to answer your queries. But before you can take up any loan, you are likely to need to have a quotation from a builder first since the loan quantum is based on the quotation.

Today's cost for an inter-terrace rebuilt is about 1.6M based on my conversation with a contractor who is doing a project near my place.

a simple way to look for architects/builders is to go ask your neighbours who had done rebuilt recently and get contacts. get a few architects contacts and then arrange for meetings to see which one you want to work with eventually. make sure the architect do a proper tender to invite builders to quote for your project.

Snoozee is spot on the costing. Easily 450psf now if you keep to regular items (no fancy Italian marble etc). I’m doing my place now at 550psf as I have an additional facade to deal with. 
on the loan, I was personally recommended by mortgage broker to take on equity loan. I.e house owned by parents, me as guarantor. Max amount issued by bank was 50% of valuation of house or your loan borrowing limit per mas ruling.