Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
huabaobao

Use Aircon From Contractor?

Hi all,

I've talked to a couple of contractors for renovation of our newly purchased flat (resale HDB). I notice that they all include aircon in their quotations, normally 3k+ for system 3 or system4. I'm wondering if it'll be cheaper to buy aircon by ourselves and let them install only. and how big is it a problem to install aircon after renovation done? I assume all those pipes can be hidden better when done during renovation instead of after?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I've talked to a couple of contractors for renovation of our newly purchased flat (resale HDB). I notice that they all include aircon in their quotations, normally 3k+ for system 3 or system4. I'm wondering if it'll be cheaper to buy aircon by ourselves and let them install only. and how big is it a problem to install aircon after renovation done? I assume all those pipes can be hidden better when done during renovation instead of after?

well there are contractors that dont include aircon in their quotations. It is advisable to find ur own IMO, cause down the road you will know who to approve if anything goes wrong. If you were to find back ur contractor they may be no longer around or push the fault around. you save the middleman cost too.

better to do it before renovation complete and at least get them to come up twice. reason being when they come up for the 1st time to do the pipings, ur contractor can paint over them without worrying abt the air con unit. 2nd time is to install the unit lor.

Hi all,

I purchase mine with installation, just tell yr main ID where & when yr layout runs

Most air con comes with installation. ( not much discount )

Also, they comes with guarantee, if not install by them. ( 100% installation problem )

Just like tour package, if exclude air tickets only a little discount.

When you say system 3 and 4 is $3k, does it mean if you take it out from their quotation, they minus $3k?? Are they giving you inverter unit? If not, I strongly advise you to take it out! A system 3 now is less than $2k, even system 4 also not $3k. Unless inverter then maybe more ex.

BTW, nobody buys the aircon and ask someone else to install; you will land yourself in alot of unnecessary trouble. Anything goes wrong, they will start pointing fingers. Aircon unit and installation should always be the same person/company.

Hi all,

hi huabaobao,

my contractor got an aircon guy to quote but i found a cheaper quote and hence i ala carte for aircon.

if you are getting your own aircon contractor, do ask him to recce your place first to confirm his quote (sometimes they say one price on the phone and when they go to your flat, they start saying this one extra, that one extra).

it helps if your main contractor is around when the aircon contractor comes, so they can discuss whether the placement of the blowers will affect your other reno. also they will need to discuss the schedule - when to install, etc.

if your resale HDB has existing aircon, the aircon contractor needs to dismantle everything and discard all the trunking (not done by your main contractor since they are not making any $ from you on this). this should be done at the early stage of your reno. for my case, it is just after hacking.

i am also newbie here and renovating my resale flat. found this aircon blog which is super useful: http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/ just print out the checklist and ask the aircon contractor to fill in the blanks.

hope you have a smooth-sailing, hassle-free reno!

Hi all,

I have that issue too. Have not renovated my house yet. Still shopping for accessories with my ID. My ID does not put aircon in the quotation and leave me to decide. However, he did pre-empt me that at times when we get an outsider and if there is any problem, there are many finger pointings. Depending on my decision, he said that if we get their contractors, he will make sure that everything goes well and if any issue in future, we can still contact me. Roughly, he quote me ard $2200 for system 3 (mistubushi brand). He is quite a patient contractor and I think most likely will ask him to handle it. But not sure, if this is a resonable quotation? Still checking.

actually it depends quite a bit on whether you are boxing the trunking up

if you are, then better to get your contractor/ID to do it coz in the event of leak, they will rectify the problem and replace the box-up FOC

if get from outside, then ID will say air-con pple replace and air-con pple will say not their problem

it's like paying a little more for insurance :yamseng:

but if you are not boxing it up, i'd get it from outside coz it should be around $1.8k all in for mit sys 3

but you got to bargain for everything to be included

there are a few threads on what to ask for when buying air-con :unsure:

Hi all,

For system 3 air con, most brand is about $2K unless you are going for invertor, then the cost will be close to $3K or more. System 4 air con can never be any lower than $3K even the normal type. Air con pipe for HDB cannot be concealled.

For system 3 air con, most brand is about $2K unless you are going for invertor, then the cost will be close to $3K or more. System 4 air con can never be any lower than $3K even the normal type. Air con pipe for HDB cannot be concealled.

Hi BULLET

How about single unit with compressor??

How much it cost in the market?

HAPPY

Hi BULLET

How about single unit with compressor??

How much it cost in the market?

HAPPY

Less than $1K depend on brand, invertor or non invertor

daikin sys-4 non-inverter MA56 / FT50 / 3 x FT25 is less than $3k... coollser** quoting $2,653.60...

Better source for the aircon yourself, or check to few store first. Got a story from aircon salesman, the ID call his store to tell that his client is coming, but he wanted $200 'referral' fee. Of course the 'referral' fee will end-up added into the price and paid by you. !!

hi huabaobao,

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=10074&hl=

refer to this thread which has the contact to buy over your old air-con

and windows grilles. They just did mine last week. No jokes into

my pocket to buy household applicances.... YAHOO.........

I'm going to start my renovation in mid sep. I have decided to use

the air-con guy recommended by my contractor. But i have to say

that i kinda of trust him with his recommendation. This is our third place

renovated by this contractor. If contractor & air-con guy work together,

then it'll be very much easier for you.

Do your research first before confirming on the air-con, as you want to

make sure that the air con guy did not overcharge you.

for your reference, sys3 mitsubishi inverter (including installation & stainless

steel brackets) @ S$3100.

Hopefully it's useful for you... .cheers!

actually it depends quite a bit on whether you are boxing the trunking up

if you are, then better to get your contractor/ID to do it coz in the event of leak, they will rectify the problem and replace the box-up FOC

if get from outside, then ID will say air-con pple replace and air-con pple will say not their problem

it's like paying a little more for insurance :thumbs up:

but if you are not boxing it up, i'd get it from outside coz it should be around $1.8k all in for mit sys 3

but you got to bargain for everything to be included

there are a few threads on what to ask for when buying air-con :)

:) Actually i have this worries too. but not too sure how much is the difference.

If not too much then no problem....