Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iamme

Our Home..

Oh dear, jamez! just realised I 'copied' your blog title.. so sorry.. me didn't notice you using 'Our Home' till now. any idea how to change the blog title? oh dear.. 8|

hahaha...nevermind wan lah..before me oonik grl also using "Our Home" for her t-blog...im too lazy to go n think of fancy fancy name haha... :sport-smiley-004:

im sori i dunno how to change the title also haha.... :jawdrop:

:yamseng:

Oh dear, jamez! just realised I 'copied' your blog title.. so sorry.. me didn't notice you using 'Our Home' till now. any idea how to change the blog title? oh dear.. 8|

Haha same same.. the last generation spent a few thousand to roughen the wall so that the house will be 'IN'.. Our generation spending thousands to get it smoothen :P AMK good location. Although I live in the east all my life, I won't mind shifting there or Toa Payoh but the flat prices scary :yamseng: Anyway my new home is in Enous :)

U are a VERY fast typer i presume... er...is it Eunos? :notti:

AMK Central area prices are :P8|:) my one not at central...so not so bad lah... :notti: in fact... i bought it even cheaper (after grant) then some would when they buy Punggol or Sengkang... :notti:

Edited by jamez

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ur code should look something like

[url=http://....image url link...][img]http://....image url link....[/img][/url]

ur link should be something like

http://http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/vonevone/02-07-07_1938.jpg

ur initial link was

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/von...-07-07_1938.jpg

notice that it was shortened in the middle with '....'

if u used the Image Tags with this link, it will not show the photos.

dynamic links means that at the end of the link, u will see 'url link'.php?='some code' or 'url link'.asp

php and asp is web programing language and it looks thru a database with the 'code' to show the pictures, thus it is dynamic.

Your url link should be ending with 'url link'.jpg

hahaha...nevermind wan lah..before me oonik grl also using "Our Home" for her t-blog...im too lazy to go n think of fancy fancy name haha... :sport-smiley-004:

im sori i dunno how to change the title also haha.... :jawdrop:

:P

U are a VERY fast typer i presume... er...is it Eunos? 8|

Haha yeah it's EUNOS. Me new to that town dunno how to spell it yet.. (Lame excuse :yamseng: ) Me also lazy to think, tot 'Our Home' quite meaningful that's why used it. didn't check sigh.. :)

Edited by iamme

Haha yeah it's EUNOS. Me new to that town dunno how to spell it yet.. (Lame excuse :jawdrop: ) Me also lazy to think, tot 'Our Home' quite meaningful that's why used it. didn't check sigh.. :P

yes i agree. 'Our Home' look like very simple like dat...but actually got super duper cheem cheem meaning behind...juz like reno..ur house more minimalist and simple...the more work need to be done to conceal all the stuff....very cheem right? :yamseng:

haha..ok im crappin here... :sport-smiley-004:

Me and Mr Loh been lazy lazy.. Never check out our reno :P So far we have already gotten all necessary stuff for our home so more or less just dumping all the 'to-dos' to our contractors :( Will go check out the progess tomorrow.

Erm let me try uploading a pic of my MBR toilet.

02-07-07_1951.jpg

Yeah eR1c! It works! Pic so big u can see all the stains :notti:

Jamez actually wat u say makes sense.. Minimalist means more work, more carpentry, more house work cos everything must look clean and spotless..

Edited by iamme

Allow me to walk you thru the major changes me and Mr Loh will be making to the house.. Well, technically speaking, should be the contractors la, we only 'zi shang tan bing', nothing DIY to be expected.. :(

This photo shows the area between the dinning and kitchen. The wall will be knocked down and in it's place, a half wall (From Mr Loh waist down-the one in light blue top) will be erected. The top half will be a glass panel with a glass swing door.

01-08-07_1648.jpg

The next one shows BR1. The existing (now gone) wardrobe will be torn away and a wall will be built in this room for our storage purposes (aka storeroom). The door frame will be shifted to be in line side by side with BR2. The current position of the door will be shift back to be the entrance to the store.

02-07-07_1948.jpg

And this, is part of the MBR. A existing wardrobe will be replaced by a standing dresser. The new 12ft long wardrobe will be bulit along the wall perpendicular to the dresser.

02-07-07_1952.jpg

Erm that's about all the dramatic changes that we will be doing. The rest are the usual like hacking everything from tiles to toilet bowls, replastering (at a shocking $2k+), repiping and rewiring. Been a week since I last saw the house, all the tiling has been completed then, hope to see a more significant progress tomorrow :notti:

Edited by iamme

waaahhh...12 ft wardrobe is gonna be big.... :notti:

seems like ur reno is also a big transformation also...looking forward to more pics of the reno! :notti:

Anyone know where can I get this in Singapore?

Dimensions (inches): Dia. 17.7"

Clock.gif

Spam chop from me. :notti:

Wow ur wardrobe will be veri big. :rofl:

Look forward to see more pics. :rofl:

Hi Cantona, Will try to upload more photo later :notti:

Entering the 3rd week of my reno.. Nothing significant can be seen yet :P Nonetheless let's still tour thru the progress as of today ya...

First and foremost, the evolution of our store room.. Teng teng teng... we have 2 bedroom doors side by side now. I did not take one of the initial 'corridor' so you can only peek at the original design below

Now

CIMG6591.jpg

CIMG6607-1.jpg

Then

Picture1.jpg

Edited by iamme

Okie let's now take a look at the kitchen wall..

Now

CIMG6605.jpg

Then

02-07-07_1941.jpg

The Living room..

Now

CIMG6604.jpg

Then

02-07-07_1953.jpg

Edited by iamme

That's about all le.. :furious: Well at least the wall makes me smile.. Plastering is money well spent.. So smooth it shines :(:sport-smiley-004:

CIMG6590.jpg

A close up

CIMG6608.jpg

The flooring for living room, store and all bedrooms is this

CIMG6600.jpg

The MBR toilet wall tile

CIMG6596-1.jpg

The common toilet wall tile

CIMG6587.jpg

Me and Mr Loh decided not to have any kitchen wall tile just plaster and paint. The kitchen and toilets flooring are too dirty now, not fit for photo taking, let's wait after the acid wash k ;)

If you haven't noticed, I did not show you any prespective drawing.. Cos there's none haha.. We engaged contractors so no drawings, everything verbally discussed, no visual. It'll be very exciting when the carpentary is in process.. Something like having a dream come true.. hee.. Well that's all for my weekly update :yamseng:

Edited by iamme

u can try molecule @ marina sq. they have lotsa lotsa of nice nice clock think saw this pattern b4 but hor...not so nice for our pockets lar. :~

Hi Diva, thanks! I will go have a look this sat.. Found in on web, plus freight charges and currency conversion is about 100+ so if it's less than $150 in molecule, I'll consider. :yamseng:

Now so free and bored.. :P Let me reminisce the whole process of buliding our home after we chopped and confirm this unit..

Mr Loh and I has been doing things in the a form of a sine wave.. After confirming the unit, we did nothing for 1+ to 2 mths while waiting to sign the appointment letters.. Me did some browsing on the local home and deco mag but found nothing I really like or inspired to do, well basically, we were clueless on what we wanted. :( Then one day, we just decided it's time to look for someone to talk about renovation.. Me looked thru Singapore Bride forums to short list some firms that has good comments and asking friends for recommendations. (Reno talk was too technical and boring for me then :deal:) After going thru 4 ID companies and 2 contractors, Mr Loh and I got lazy, dun wan to talk to anymore company so we decided to just pick one among these. By then, we already had an concrete idea of what we wanted, simple basic necessities only.. no feature walls no fanciful stuff..

After relaxing for a few weeks, we went shopping for furniture.. Nothing caught my eye when we were shopping in Ying He and Nova so we decided to go to furniture mall to have a look. First day in the mall we only managed to cover the 1st storey. Already, we found something that we like, living room furniture (sofa, console and shoe rack) and dining table in La Cafa and bed (inclu bedframe) in Serta, however, not wanting to lose out on better margains we might find in the upper levels, we decided to hold all purchase till the next visit. Lucky we did that, the moment we stepped onto the 2nd level my eyes shone :( Mr Loh caught it and knew we will be buying those, for once my eyes agree with my heart, nothing can break them apart. :P Nonetheless, we still kept on till we completed the whole mall.. The stuff I like is pricy in comparison.. :( Being the ever loving boyfriend, Mr Loh decide give in to my choice, we bought everything except the bed from furniture club and the bed will be from nightingale.. That marks the end of our furniture hunt :yamseng::~

Edited by iamme

After 2, 3 weekends of shooping we being to travel down the sine wave.. Doing nothing while waiting for our final quotes and propsals from the ID firms.. Was told by Earnest Interior that they do not think they can handle our project cos they are very packed in schedule :thumbs up: So angry.. Cos that's the only ID from forum that we bothered to contact till the last stage and we won't be staying in the house till mid dec! Might as well hang a 'temporary close' sign :P After going thru the quotes, we confirmed a contractor then it's further down the sine wave doing absolutely nothing haha..

It's only near the 'dong tu' period that we ride up again.. Bought tiles from Lian something (first and last shop) followed by lightings from I forgot the name but it's somewhere in joo chiat (all in one shop, first and last too) on the first sat.. The following sat we gotten everything needed in the toilet and kitchen from forgot again also near joo chiat, geylang area. (all in one shop, second shop) After that, our mind is so taxed up by 'what colour?' , 'what shape?', 'which design?', 'which config?', 'which this', 'what that' till we decided to rest at home for the next few weekends 8|

After burning a gigantic hole in Mr Loh's pocket, we more or less had everything in place so now we're just sitting back to enjoy the tranformation.. :unsure: