Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueberet

New Members Of Bedok North

Hi Dove,

I had initially considered *****. Their designs are nice but price is on the high side. Have engaged Earnest Interiors in the end due to good reviews in forum, reasonable pricing and most importantly, was comfortable with my ID. The flooring workmanship is good, true to what was written in the forum. This was also one of the contributing factors for selecting Earnest Interiors.

Take your time to select your ID. Don't rush into signing the contract. If you need help in calculating the aircon size for each room, there is a good website which I can share with you. If you need recommendations for reno, furniture, etc, stuff, will be glad to share with you too :D

Mine is 5 room too. Bought during Feb 2007 Balloting. PM u the price I have paid for. Believe your unit is the one which faces the afternoon sun? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Earnest Interiors, hmmm, mayb i shd get a quotation from them too, is ur ID good? can PM me ur ID contact, thanks.

Ok will get the website from u in due course. Hey yes we can share our reno experience, bargain buys etc. Really nice to know someone from the same block before we shift in. Lets invite each other to our units when our reno is done :)

My unit does not face the afternoon sun, perhaps only the kitchen. :good: thats why was wondering how come the unit still available in our ballot exercise.

So wat was the budget u set for ur home? I plan to lay laminate flooring in room and homo in remaining areas. Was thinking if need to overlay the bathrooms flooring, cos the tiles quality seemed inferior, do u have any probs with that? It looks like it accumulates dirt easily.

Yups..glad of the fact that I can finally know someone from the same block..it seems that our neighbours are not active in this forum. Certainly, you can come over to my plc and vice versa :)

I guess the previous owners gave up their unit or it was confiscated by HDB?

My budget was initially 27- 28K but now.. hee :notti: My whole hse is set in homo tiles. If you have budget, u can consider overlaying both bathrooms' flooring. I overlayed only my MBR's wall and tiles as it costs q a bit just to do 1 bathroom. Have to make do with the common bathroom's unpleasant looking peachy tiles for now first. Planning to overhaul the toilet few yeas later. The floor tiles are pretty slippery. You wouldnt expect HDB to provide spanky classy good quality tiles yah? :notti:

I was thinking we do not have many active neighbours in this forum perhaps due to the general age band of the residents there, many seemed to be families, or those who got offered an unit due to en-bloc of their older flats at Bedok. Unlike newly-wed couples like us (i presumed you are :P ).

The reno cost of doing up two bathrooms was already $7k at least, exluding cost of WC, basin and vanity cabinets, which come up to 10k easily. So i was thinking to bear with the floor tiles for a few years, but then if I overhaul them some time later, the shower screen i install now wud be wasted :dunno: Do you know if overlaying the bathrooms increase/decrease the valuation of the flat?

Heard the floor tiles need quite a fair bit of scrubbing, i dun wish to regret not overlaying them soon after i shift in, but then the additional cost can alr afford quite a few basic furnishings. Mayb you can provide me more advice after you shift in.

I was thinking we do not have many active neighbours in this forum perhaps due to the general age band of the residents there, many seemed to be families, or those who got offered an unit due to en-bloc of their older flats at Bedok. Unlike newly-wed couples like us (i presumed you are :P ).

The reno cost of doing up two bathrooms was already $7k at least, exluding cost of WC, basin and vanity cabinets, which come up to 10k easily. So i was thinking to bear with the floor tiles for a few years, but then if I overhaul them some time later, the shower screen i install now wud be wasted :dunno: Do you know if overlaying the bathrooms increase/decrease the valuation of the flat?

Heard the floor tiles need quite a fair bit of scrubbing, i dun wish to regret not overlaying them soon after i shift in, but then the additional cost can alr afford quite a few basic furnishings. Mayb you can provide me more advice after you shift in.

wow! 7K for both bathrooms!! That's a bit more costly than mine. If you have a constraint with budget and don't wish to regret not doing up your bathroom, you may consider doing only the MBR bathroom, just like us :) My common bathroom is left untouched in its original state, including the WC & basin. I had initially thought of installing a vanity basin and overlaying the floor tiles for the common bathroom but decided not to in the end as if I overhaul the plc next time, the vanity basin would be wasted and I may have to re-do the floor tiles again cos it may look weird that the wall tiles are newer than the floor's. Well, it all boils down to one's preference vs budget, whether you can live with its original state and be able to allocate your monies to better furnishings vs having a nicer bathroom but a bigger hole in your pocket. Would be good to work out your budget (reno + furniture, etc) and breakdown of individual furnishings, electrical items and prioritise the items you need to renovate, purchase based on your budget. Probably, you would have a better idea whether to overhaul your bathrooms then.. :)

I believe that overlaying the bathrooms/ nicer bathrooms does not necessarily equate to higher or lower valuation. It depends on the buyer. If the buyer likes your bathroom design a lot and is willing to fork out more $, good for you. However, I believe many of us would re-do the resale flats according to our preference and the vanity basin & WC would definitely have to go and most likely, the tiles, unless we have budget constraints. The focus would probably be the layout of the house, location, etc. You go figure... :)

thanks blueberet for ur advice, will weigh my considerations again.

hope to hear from u again after u hav shift in! :dancingqueen:

thanks blueberet for ur advice, will weigh my considerations again.

hope to hear from u again after u hav shift in! :dancingqueen:

u r welcome...just let me know in advance when you are goin over to ur home then we can have a proper introduction :)