Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueberet

New Members Of Bedok North

Hi,

New members from Bedok North Balloting Feb 2007. We will be receiving our keys soon, right!. A bit busy yet looking forward, right :dunno:

The purpose of creating this forum is to allow us to share information through here. Information such as great offers, new ideas, new complaint (no personal attack is allowed here, please :curse: ) , new suggestion etc.

First round , let's share the information and experience in revonators and contractors we have or will be engaged in. Great offers, recommendation and suggestion are strongly welcome.

Thanks and regards.

:)

Your friendly neighbor, but I am not a spider-man.

Edited by blueberet

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi blueberet,

nice to see neighbours here. we applied the bedok north 4 rm end of feb. but first round we were not invited. and after don't know how many round, we were finally informed to select our house. and at that time there is only one unit left for Chinese. bobian we take this last one. not that ideal, but to me, it is better than buying resale and paying that crazy COV at this property boom period. since we booked the flat, now nearly two months already, still waiting for the key.

have you got your key? how long did it take for your case?

we once try to call our office to push a little bit, but seems that the lady was not happy to receive such calls. we are really in urgent need now, so today I wrote an email the our in-charge officer, but till now no reply. don't know what they are doing.

start your reno already? where did you get your ID or contractor?

while waiting the key, we are sourcing information and collecting contacts...

very time consuming and a lot study and headache....

but thinking of the new home, still very happy...

hi blueberet,

nice to see neighbours here. we applied the bedok north 4 rm end of feb. but first round we were not invited. and after don't know how many round, we were finally informed to select our house. and at that time there is only one unit left for Chinese. bobian we take this last one. not that ideal, but to me, it is better than buying resale and paying that crazy COV at this property boom period. since we booked the flat, now nearly two months already, still waiting for the key.

we once try to call our office to push a little bit, but seems that the lady was not happy to receive such calls. we are really in urgent need now, so today I wrote an email the our in-charge officer, but till now no reply. don't know what they are doing.

hihi, im a new resident in bedok north rd too! whats yr blk no? mine is blk 182....

hey we shifted in liao.. we collected our keys on 7 august and reno and cleaning then officially shifted in on 1st oct....

usually when u book yr flat liao, it will take HDB 3-4 months to get back to u. u wan fast, email them! call them! i did that too! i sent them email riding on to the previous one and my subject, will be urgent urgnet, reminder 1 reminder 2 etc... same lor, no reply de.... so i fed up! i went to find out whus the MP of our area, and i emailed HDB with such a sentence ' if i do not hear a reply from you within two days, i shall forward this whole string of email to the MPs and let them assist me'!

so when i sent this out, the very next day, i received an email and a call from them asking me to go down to collect keys!! yeah very happy also then! so i guess HDB needs to be pushed and 'thretened' of haha...

u may wana try wor... gd luck! cus its super duper effective for us!!

our ID was Jim Yeow... young chap with innovative and creative ideas! quite able to stick to what we wanted and stick to our budget.. overall, not bad, pretti gd......

need contact pls PM me lor, thankies!!

what else u all would like to know??

btw, this an excellent forum v informative and the folks here all v helpful and kind souls de.... keke

gd luck!

hihi, im a new resident in bedok north rd too! whats yr blk no? mine is blk 182....

hey we shifted in liao.. we collected our keys on 7 august and reno and cleaning then officially shifted in on 1st oct....

usually when u book yr flat liao, it will take HDB 3-4 months to get back to u. u wan fast, email them! call them! i did that too! i sent them email riding on to the previous one and my subject, will be urgent urgnet, reminder 1 reminder 2 etc... same lor, no reply de.... so i fed up! i went to find out whus the MP of our area, and i emailed HDB with such a sentence ' if i do not hear a reply from you within two days, i shall forward this whole string of email to the MPs and let them assist me'!

so when i sent this out, the very next day, i received an email and a call from them asking me to go down to collect keys!! yeah very happy also then! so i guess HDB needs to be pushed and 'thretened' of haha...

our ID was Jim Yeow... young chap with innovative and creative ideas! quite able to stick to what we wanted and stick to our budget.. overall, not bad, pretti gd......

btw, this an excellent forum v informative and the folks here all v helpful and kind souls de.... keke

gd luck!

hi neighbor,

happy to meet you here! mi same blk as you!:D!! :)

we took the very last unit for Chinese, not that ideal, but thinking of the market condition, i am happy already. altogether we applied for 3 times, this bedok one was the first one, followed by bi-monthly WIS sector B and C. this first one is the most lucky one, queue no. 145... the rest were all rear of the queue.

so when HDB invited us to book flat, without hesitation we grabbed it although the smallest one... :(

now waiting for key, don't know when can get... now do some reno planning.

my reno will be a simple one. I don't follow trend closely, my style is simple but practical and at the same time meet my comfort level, can already. I want to engage a contractor, heard that if I don't want this theme that theme... and know what I want, engage contractor instead of id can save some money... hehe... $$$ not enough mah.....

want to know something from you har... how is the condition of your unit? are there a lot of rectifications involved? can remember or not how much you pay for haulage (don't know whether spelling correct or not) and sand? heard that the price shoots up very fast...

our blk should be full already, right? I hope I am the last one to do reno... haha... that way I can avoid the noise... my current place is doing upgrading, sometimes stay at home during the day, very very super noisy... hate it!:) but last two mths ago, before we booked our flat, we once went up to see the surroundings, found that a lot of flats above my one were still vacant. don't know how now.

hopefully can move in before CNY. but now seems a little bit difficult... sigh...

anyway, :( to meet you!!! later if need info, may consult you, ok? :P

hi blueberet,

Hi pls do not say "bobian". it is fated that the house is for you. Which building you got? my new home is at B181. Got one IDs but dont think i wanna recommed him to you; is my wife's frend husband.....sign****

anyway, if you yet decide on a IDs, i can give you some advice and IDs that I had done my homework on.

Got my keys somewhere in Sep.....think i can only move in after CNY.... :help:

CheeRs. :notti:

gd luck!

wow good one.... :notti:

my home is at Blk181....my Q was quite in front.... bad experience with the officer during the payment...she calculated wrongly.

so you moved in?

Hi pls do not say "bobian". it is fated that the house is for you. Which building you got? my new home is at B181. Got one IDs but dont think i wanna recommed him to you; is my wife's frend husband.....sign****

anyway, if you yet decide on a IDs, i can give you some advice and IDs that I had done my homework on.

Got my keys somewhere in Sep.....think i can only move in after CNY.... :notti:

CheeRs. :unsure:

mine is B182... yes, you are right... "fated that the house is for you"... hehehe...

after 3 rounds of mentally preparation ( 3 ballots) and disappointment, we happily accepted the unit. when we received the letter from HDB, I got the feeling that GOD gives us this unit. I am so happy that HE is with us. my hb always says it won't be bad if it is from GOD... !! although not ideal, still not too bad :notti:

you got ID info? I also did quite a lot research, but want to use contractor since not much design, only basic reno... you have contacts?

mine is B182... yes, you are right... "fated that the house is for you"... hehehe...

after 3 rounds of mentally preparation ( 3 ballots) and disappointment, we happily accepted the unit. when we received the letter from HDB, I got the feeling that GOD gives us this unit. I am so happy that HE is with us. my hb always says it won't be bad if it is from GOD... :paint: although not ideal, still not too bad :D

you got ID info? I also did quite a lot research, but want to use contractor since not much design, only basic reno... you have contacts?

So far I will recommend you to check more from the following company: Baroque, ***** and Earnest Interior.

Please note that *****'s price is slightly above average but the person i met, May, is very detailed and innovative.

Earnest give me good price though cannot comparable with Baroque. From several forum, many complaint that Baroque had issues in quality but some also would recommend Baroque.

Please compare first before signing, and bargain for more freebies before sign on the dotted line. Ask for their portfolio and know his/her skill in designing.

Anyway, something to share with for user here, i got this link from my friend. Discount for Ralph Lauren.... :good:

http://a1145.g.akamai.net/f/1145/2006/6h/e...able_Coupon.jpg

wow good one.... :notti:

my home is at Blk181....my Q was quite in front.... bad experience with the officer during the payment...she calculated wrongly.

so you moved in?

hello!! yaya i moved in liao.. u ley??

whus yr ID?? hows the reno cost etc??

shd have cross housewarming lor keke

u come my house see i go yr house see... :notti:

eh our house simple de la.... :bleah::good:

u can go to this thread ' my house pictures for sharing'...

i uploaded sm pixs there!:dancingqueen:

hi neighbor,

happy to meet you here! mi same blk as you!:dunno:!! :)

we took the very last unit for Chinese, not that ideal, but thinking of the market condition, i am happy already. altogether we applied for 3 times, this bedok one was the first one, followed by bi-monthly WIS sector B and C. this first one is the most lucky one, queue no. 145... the rest were all rear of the queue.

so when HDB invited us to book flat, without hesitation we grabbed it although the smallest one... :(

now waiting for key, don't know when can get... now do some reno planning.

my reno will be a simple one. I don't follow trend closely, my style is simple but practical and at the same time meet my comfort level, can already. I want to engage a contractor, heard that if I don't want this theme that theme... and know what I want, engage contractor instead of id can save some money... hehe... $$$ not enough mah.....

want to know something from you har... how is the condition of your unit? are there a lot of rectifications involved? can remember or not how much you pay for haulage (don't know whether spelling correct or not) and sand? heard that the price shoots up very fast...

our blk should be full already, right? I hope I am the last one to do reno... haha... that way I can avoid the noise... my current place is doing upgrading, sometimes stay at home during the day, very very super noisy... hate it!:D but last two mths ago, before we booked our flat, we once went up to see the surroundings, found that a lot of flats above my one were still vacant. don't know how now.

hopefully can move in before CNY. but now seems a little bit difficult... sigh...

anyway, :D to meet you!:) later if need info, may consult you, ok? :P

[/quote

congratz!!!

so u wat level??? hehe....

found an ID liao mah???

any ques feel free to ask, i can help sure help de !!! =p

our blk still got alot of vacant units ley duno why meybe they never move in yet and never reno yet lor

u realise our blk alot of cats?? yucks!! so er xin lor!!! i dun like and i hate them lor...

yucks :jawdrop:

:furious:

(no offence ya, to those cats lovers)... cus i have had bad and scary experience with these meows b4!!

haulage... its free mah.. u contact hdb get them do for u, its free de

or u get yr ID contact HDB for u lor, rbr its free, dun get cheated!!!

must do haulage b4 all reno if not flooring not even...

our living hall never do haulage so now floor not even... :curse:

our reno is simple de lor.. but also spent $20k....

we do feature walls kitchen flooring painting lor...

etc....

we dun have any defects when we go open door.. now hor...windows rusty liao....

so sad

the sockets points holes v small can plug in cant plug out.....

mine 2nd floor, smallest one, so you probably know which unit I get lah...

actually nearly all the units were grabbed already. what i guess is that those owners are not hurry to move in, like those young couple, preparing for wedding... so only after wedding they will move in. they can slowly and elegantly renovate their house mah...

my reno also simple one... not much design...

those showflat kind of reno looks good, but don't really feel like a home, and maybe a few years down the road, become outdate... then no good. somemore some design is not practical. i am a practical person, think a lot of maintenance issue before i go into design... good and bad :sport-smiley-004:

i think now renovation price jumps with the property booming market. am i right? not a good time to do reno. but no choice, 明知山有虎, 偏向虎山行, hahahah....

hi cherlyn,

where to find your "my house pictures for sharing" thread?

our blk got cats meh? i didn't notice because i only drop by for two three times, for a short while only...

maybe old estate all like that... although ours is new, but near old estate mah...

last time i stayed AMK, a lot lot lot of cats downstairs. if pretty young meow meow ok lah, still can dahan... i don't like those dirty and ugly one...

i am scare of rats 老鼠... mine 2nd floor, near the CRC :sport-smiley-004:

once saw a terrible scene before near old HDB blk dust bin, hope that won't happen below my room...

Edited by rinarobert

hi cherlyn,

where to find your "my house pictures for sharing" thread?

our blk got cats meh? i didn't notice because i only drop by for two three times, for a short while only...

maybe old estate all like that... although ours is new, but near old estate mah...

last time i stayed AMK, a lot lot lot of cats downstairs. if pretty young meow meow ok lah, still can dahan... i don't like those dirty and ugly one...

i am scare of rats 老鼠... mine 2nd floor, near the CRC :yamseng:

once saw a terrible scene before near old HDB blk dust bin, hope that won't happen below my room...

hello...

so when u starting reno?? aft reno post pixs wor....

try see this link?

comments welcome keke

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSi...mshare&Ux=0

hi folks, noticed this thread has stopped for several months, nonetheless hoping to catch some of u around!

i shd be your newest neighbour in bedok north, got my keys last month, now researching on ID to do up my place. I m living in blk 181, mid-level floor, got it in Feb 08 ballot exercise.

Does anyone know how come there are stil remaining units after so long? btw im a chinese, took a 5-rm flat, at the time of selection, there were still 2 units to choose from, which im still rather pleased with.

hows the neighbourhood so far? cant wait to shift in and meet u all!

hi folks, noticed this thread has stopped for several months, nonetheless hoping to catch some of u around!

i shd be your newest neighbour in bedok north, got my keys last month, now researching on ID to do up my place. I m living in blk 181, mid-level floor, got it in Feb 08 ballot exercise.

Does anyone know how come there are stil remaining units after so long? btw im a chinese, took a 5-rm flat, at the time of selection, there were still 2 units to choose from, which im still rather pleased with.

hows the neighbourhood so far? cant wait to shift in and meet u all!

Hi dove,

Nice to meet you. :)

Same block and mid level floor too.

I have yet to move in also. Half way thru' with reno. Hence cannot comment on the neighbours.

Have you shortlisted IDs?

When are you planning to move in?

Wow, i think you r very lucky to get a unit since there is high demand for new HDB flats. Can PM me the price you paid for it as I curious whether HDB had adjusted the price? Hehe

blueberet, nice to meet you too!

I plan to start reno in sep and shift in in nov, that y still shortlisting IDs now. Hmm, considering between Inside Living and *****. Which ID u have engaged?

Ya i count myself v lucky to be able to get that flat, is yours a 5room too? when did you buy it? then we can compare thru PM :rolleyes:

actually i think i paid kinda high for it, but nonetheless, i stil like it v much!