Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mousehunt

Chemical Washing

Hi,

I would like to do my own chemical washing of my 2 toilets and kitchen floor tiles. May I know where can I buy the chemical solution and how to go about doing it?

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No one did this before ah??? Then die liao........

just curious.... why the chemical washing not included in your reno package?

it is a standard practice for contractor to do chemical wash/final cleaning for the tiles they installed before handover to client........

Reason I find his chemical washing to ex liao. So I intend to do it myself.

Any suggestion??

it is not a good idea..... you are not experienced to handle chemical material and it is not easy to DIY

I bet the ID/contractor will deny for any defect of their wormanship after you do the washing yourself... How much can you save and equal with the risk you are taking?

Anyway if you decide to do so, you can buy chemical wash from any hardware shop....

Reason I find his chemical washing to ex liao. So I intend to do it myself.

Any suggestion??

my contractor charge me $120 - 1 time chemical + 2 or 3 times normal wash. :notti: expensive?

Hi,

I would like to do my own chemical washing of my 2 toilets and kitchen floor tiles. May I know where can I buy the chemical solution and how to go about doing it?

Thanks.

Very risky to do it yourself as the acid may burnt you in no time. This is a very concentrated acid which I think only selling to contractor only. You should not save on this but to neg with your contractor if you find it exp. Indeed, once all the firnishing is done, its too late to do the chemical cleaning now as usually its done after all cement work and before carpentry work commence. This is due to the discharge "smoke" and splash over of the chemical can easily damage your furnishing including stainless steel material. Not worth the try.

my contractor charge me $120 - 1 time chemical + 2 or 3 times normal wash. :notti: expensive?

I do not know to what extend of your reno is. Some contractor give free but some charge for this item. Overall, the price quoted is reasonable.

My contractor charge me S$200 for this which I find it too ex.

Very risky to do it yourself as the acid may burnt you in no time. This is a very concentrated acid which I think only selling to contractor only. You should not save on this but to neg with your contractor if you find it exp. Indeed, once all the firnishing is done, its too late to do the chemical cleaning now as usually its done after all cement work and before carpentry work commence. This is due to the discharge "smoke" and splash over of the chemical can easily damage your furnishing including stainless steel material. Not worth the try.

I do not know to what extend of your reno is. Some contractor give free but some charge for this item. Overall, the price quoted is reasonable.

Then it is too bad. My reno actually all done up liao. :rofl:

Not sure if there is any difference between Acid & Chemical washing?

Basically my contractor did not charge me for the Acid washing.

Not sure if there is any difference between Acid & Chemical washing?

Basically my contractor did not charge me for the Acid washing.

I suppose acid and chemical wash is the same thing. I totally agree that doing chemical wash yourself is very dangerous and risky if u r using the solns the contractors use. Those are industrial cleaning solns and are hard to obtain. Need permit if not wrong. However, if u insist on DIY, there are more user friendly solns in home-fix if i am not wrong. less concentrated = safer, but more expensive. Cost abt $60++ for a 5L bottle i think. hope this helps

I suppose acid and chemical wash is the same thing. I totally agree that doing chemical wash yourself is very dangerous and risky if u r using the solns the contractors use. Those are industrial cleaning solns and are hard to obtain. Need permit if not wrong. However, if u insist on DIY, there are more user friendly solns in home-fix if i am not wrong. less concentrated = safer, but more expensive. Cost abt $60++ for a 5L bottle i think. hope this helps

Yes acid cleaning and chemical wash is the same thing. Those product sold in DIY shop are very mild, can't really help for stubborn cerment and paint mark. I think the rate is very reasonable. But now to engage another party to do for you will surely be much more than that. Easily between $350 to $500. Sometime, you just can't delete items esp those esential items just because you feel exp. There is always a reason behind. Indeed, you should neg for the total contract sum than deleting it since you have already paid so much and what's the point of saving coupling of hundreds and you have to bear with the dust for few months. You really have to put in alot of daily cleaning till it's clean; at least few months.

Yes acid cleaning and chemical wash is the same thing. Those product sold in DIY shop are very mild, can't really help for stubborn cerment and paint mark. I think the rate is very reasonable. But now to engage another party to do for you will surely be much more than that. Easily between $350 to $500. Sometime, you just can't delete items esp those esential items just because you feel exp. There is always a reason behind. Indeed, you should neg for the total contract sum than deleting it since you have already paid so much and what's the point of saving coupling of hundreds and you have to bear with the dust for few months. You really have to put in alot of daily cleaning till it's clean; at least few months.

Yes, agreed, you have already spent so much, why save the little bit.

Indeed, once all the firnishing is done, its too late to do the chemical cleaning now as usually its done after all cement work and before carpentry work commence. This is due to the discharge "smoke" and splash over of the chemical can easily damage your furnishing including stainless steel material. Not worth the try.

THANK YOU for sharing this. i am glad i insist on my contractor to do the chemical wash BEFORE i start my platform carpentry works. he kept insisting me to do platform first but not lay laminate, then he will do acid wash. but my flooring contractor advised me otherwise, so i am glad i listened.

thanks to renotalk.com i don't become fried fish or chopped carrot more than one time with this #)(%& contractor.

THANK YOU for sharing this. i am glad i insist on my contractor to do the chemical wash BEFORE i start my platform carpentry works. he kept insisting me to do platform first but not lay laminate, then he will do acid wash. but my flooring contractor advised me otherwise, so i am glad i listened.

thanks to renotalk.com i don't become fried fish or chopped carrot more than one time with this #)(%& contractor.

You are welcome. Be proper than regret