Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

hi guys,

hope that will be able to get some feedback or any opinions w rgds to how this id is doing as we r considering them as our id.... so far the quoted price is around 39k for a 5 room flat in tpy central... as we are first time owners, will like to know wat are the things we'll have to look out for in a contract and any other additional matters to take note of....

thanks in advance!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi strawberry_pear, I am also considering Substance ID for the reno of my 4rm resale flat. There is a more detailed thread in SingaporeBrides on the company. Do check it out.

Who is your ID? Mind sharing opinions? Can email me at kel2128@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hi strawberry_pear, I am also considering Substance ID for the reno of my 4rm resale flat. There is a more detailed thread in SingaporeBrides on the company. Do check it out.

Thanks!

hihi my id is leonard... think that they are quite nice and is quite willing to help and adapt our ideas... learnt about them from my colleague who's very hardworking in rackeying abt ids... will email you the details yeah??? will also check on singaporebrides on the company... thanks!!

rgds

hey, do u know if substance is registered with HDB? cos' i couldn't find them on HDB's list of contractors, nor in substance's namecard and website.. not sure if it would pose any problem if the contractor is not registered?

hey, do u know if substance is registered with HDB? cos' i couldn't find them on HDB's list of contractors, nor in substance's namecard and website.. not sure if it would pose any problem if the contractor is not registered?

Substance ID is a new firm of not more than 6 mths in the market.

They DO NOT have HDB license and in this case, most prob they will buy a license to actually carry out works.

Please pm me for more info...

hihi my id is leonard... think that they are quite nice and is quite willing to help and adapt our ideas... learnt about them from my colleague who's very hardworking in rackeying abt ids... will email you the details yeah??? will also check on singaporebrides on the company... thanks!!

rgds

You can consider taking a 39k project with a company with a start up capital of less than 10 dollars

its a risk....

companies like this have a lot of drive in before sales service as the sales value is crucial towards their running cost.

Go to ROC and pay 15 dollars for a detail company background information.

From my knowledge, buying a HDB license is not advisable and maybe if you are from TPY central Blk 79 you can approach this company i know who has special packages for that...

rgds

i have heard from others that leonard did serve them and he is quite helpful and informative...

I hope they can do the job well as Blk 79C is a standard flat and lots of works require HDB approval.

If they are familiar with the Rules and Regulations,

Previously, a few of my friends did wanted to sign up with SUBStance Until they rated the pros and cons of having a HDB license or Not... in comparision with the price difference

Thanks!

Hi, realise that the thread on Substance in Singaporebrides is gone? The originator of the thread deleted it? Wonder why... :notti:

Hi, realise that the thread on Substance in Singaporebrides is gone? The originator of the thread deleted it? Wonder why... :sport-smiley-004:

I have already signed up with them and the work is almost half done. My ID is also Leonard. I knew of all the issues with the license and paid-up capital and such. But seriously, unless you go for a really large and established ID firm, the issue of risk will always be there. But then again, it will also be reasonable to assume that a larger, more established firm will also have higher overheads, more red-tape and this will result in less personalised service and definitely higher costs.

The deciding point for us eventually is the human factor. We find Leonard knowledgeable and he shows confidence in our project. As a new home owner, these are very important factors. We have been to another ID, but the difference is that while Leonard sees everything as possible and can come up with ideas and solutions, the other ID keep telling us problems and things that they cannot do...It also helps that Leonard is easily approachable and friendly. Of course the usual marketing talk and sales pitch are expected, but at the end of the day what we see is a person who has a clear idea and solution to our renovation needs (by the way, our requirements are a bit special). Our final decision is really based on gut feel. I recalled asking Leonard jokingly before signing on the dotted line if we can really trust him, without hesitation he replied confidently that of course we can - that was what won us over eventually.

It is really hard to tell at this point in time how my renovation will turn out, but so far, Leonard seems to have a very competent team for tiling, electrical, aircon and capentry. I have met most of the supervisors already and they are equally approachable friendly and knowledgeable. We trouble-shoot problems on site and decisions on amendments and alterations are made fast and hassle-free.

It is so far so good anyway for me. Admittedly there are problems that arose in the course of the project, but these are really not of any fault with the ID. In any case, I have already paid up 90% of the renovation cost till date and I have already reached the stage when I am at maximum risk. I will just keep my fingers crossed that all will go well and Leonard will deliver what he had promised by the end of this month. Will update you guys then!

So .. whats the update on your works so faR? Good? My works took around 2.5 months to complete... :dancingqueen:

:D

Edited by mint

how is their quotation??? reasonable???

Their quotation is reasonable. On top of that , my contractor, Eesy has given us his valuable professional opinion for my 5 room flat and he is responsible. This is a worth deal!!!!! !!

Best price for QUALITY work. :dunno::sport-smiley-004::dancingqueen:

halo... i've asked for their quot from leonard... it's v attractive to be honest...

wah, seriously???

he also told me to wait for his quote then decide......

if his quote has more stuffs and price is roughly the same, then i must see the workmanship already......

headache leh like that..

:furious:

Hi Mint,

How come it took so long?

I thought normally 6 weeks is good?

Care to share?

So .. whats the update on your works so faR? Good? My works took around 2.5 months to complete... ;)

:bow: