Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Have been busy like BEES for the past few days...

Finally moved everything out of the house.

Have visited 2 places with ID to shop for accessories for Kitchen/Bath/Toilets. Obtained quotations from Poh Joo Hardware at Jalan Besar and Asia Excel at Balestier Road - all exceeds $3,000. Among them, the most expensive item is the complete set of rain shower which I am 'eyeing' costs $640 - for rain shower system model PJ85 2760 ($430) + 502SQW shower rose tap ($210). Also saw a cheaper model at Asia Excel at $400, but without the light effect.

The new generations of luxury shower heads are both beautiful and functional. I will go for square shower heads, and will decide what to buy probably next month during Sales? :dunno:

Have confirmed Mitsuibishi Sytem 4 (by Mitsuibishi Heavy Industries) to Aircon Designs Pte Ltd (cost: $3700 including installation & new bracket).

Next is the ceiling lights, cove lights etc at *** Lightings, TradeHub21. Confirmed all the lights as it was not a choice but necessity and price range was acceptable after viewing several shops on my own prior to ID's recommendations. Total spent $3800; the most expensive item is the chandelier which comes with crystals & LED lights for dining area, $899.

It is like $10K gone in day if everything was confirmed yesterday :jawdrop:

Will be heavy photos loading next...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Sounds like you are getting new items to go for your extreme make-over.

Is the floorplan from your FSM the new proposed layout? do you have a before/after floorplan?

Did Donny came up with a solution for your light solution your converted bedroom?

Must it be natural light? even so, by night it will still be dependable on electrical lightings..

I would go with the full glass panel (It would not come cheap btw), curtains will be added for privacy purpose.

Right, it will be an extreme makeover as I intend to renew the Qi in the house.

FSM deemed that I am the sole female breadwinner of the family and the house must be bright (Yang). ;)

I have initially wanted to opt for the full frosted glass panel (about $1200 - $1500), but natural light does not pass through. Cannot have clear glass as it is a converted bedroom facing the door entrance. Further, due to space contraint, behind the frosted glass panel is the only suitable place for the full height wardrobe. :bangwall:

I will be loading the floor plans and photos later today.

Edited by mae29

The floor Plan - original vs 2D

jj4b_249_uc4it.jpg

Packing in progress - my FS books with soft toys to cushion the books. Cannot load full carton of books, else how to lift the box?

12hy_7af_uc4it.jpg

Moving Out Process - total 7 trips for those stuffs we are keeping including the King Size Sealy Mattress, 2 IKEA side boards, a chair, 2-seater sofa and our clothings.

q4au_425_uc4it.jpg

BIL Brother-In-Law In Action!

glcv_519_uc4it.jpg

TV console and chairs are gone

15p8_91a_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

The empty Kitchen - no more mess!

jx3q_84a_uc4it.jpg

Empty Living Room - everything gone by Sunday night! My house becomes so clean now!

lonh_d34_uc4it.jpg

The beautiful ceiling light **** room - neighbour will dismantle it on Thursday.

tc0h_df2_uc4it.jpg

The vacant 2nd & 3rd Bedroom

3egp_198_uc4it.jpg

I was at Poh Joo Hardware at Jalan Besar yesterday and saw this undermount sink in black granite.

13dv_c0e_uc4it.jpg

Told my ID that I like it but he is concerned about durability as water sippage may rot the cabinet in the long run, and once the wooden cabinet rots, it may not hold the weight of the granite sink.

Wow, he thinks so far away! :)

Can build a concrete base for the sink, and then covered up with laminate or to custom-made the integrated sink which mould together with the solid surface top. Cost wise, it is about the cost of constructing the concrete sink support + Granite sink.

Can anyone share your experience with undermount sink? Any problem with water sippage underneath the sink?

Will go ahead to buy this model of rainshower system, but will get the square shower head instead.

tog8_cd0_uc4it.jpg

the draft floor plan designed by feng shui master:

ns8r_231_uc4it.jpg

Will there be enough air circulation in the living room? You may have to keep the door open most of the time.

To newbie83

Thank you for your inquiry on my ID.

Your inbox is full, hence I can't send you my reply.

Will there be enough air circulation in the living room? You may have to keep the door open most of the time.

Hi, CoffeeMan

Many thanks for your concern.

I have anticipated the air circulation issue and the new living room will be dark. I am hacking down the wall between dining and kitchen.

As the stove may be seen from the dining area, there will 2 panels of wooden sliding windows and will open it when not cooking.

I am also relocating the fridge to the corner of the kitchen for unobstructed view from Living to Kitchen.

When the 3D drawings are ready, I will post them here. I forgotten to tell my ID the colour scheme given by FSM. :P

Picture from White Horse, the shop which ID brings to choose tiles. All tiles are chosen by him, he was browsing and matching over and over again, and once he is satisfied, then only he will ask me to come near him and check with me if I like it or not. Save me the headache! :D

This is the color scheme of floor and wall tiles for the common toilet. While & black wall tiles, dark greyish floor tiles.

ha7e_b79_uc4it.jpg

For the master toilet, but the ID will add 2 rows of mosiac tiles along the darker tone wall tiles. He can't find the right color match, so he said he will choose from elsewhere to match the dark brown panel. Another credit to Donny - really responsible and he does not simply choose what is available in the shop :)

120x_ae2_uc4it.jpg

:good: I give Donny another credit: he re-selected the floor tiles of master toilet as he is afraid it may be slippery for me. :)

Wonder if other IDs would have shown such concern or not? :unsure:

Edited by mae29

Hi, CoffeeMan

Many thanks for your concern.

I have anticipated the air circulation issue and the new living room will be dark. I am hacking down the wall between dining and kitchen.

As the stove may be seen from the dining area, there will 2 panels of wooden sliding windows and will open it when not cooking.

I am also relocating the fridge to the corner of the kitchen for unobstructed view from Living to Kitchen.

When the 3D drawings are ready, I will post them here. I forgotten to tell my ID the colour scheme given by FSM. :P

Yup, the new living room will not be as bright as before. Looking at your new layout, I guess you are making some sacrifice to put one of your children in his/her beneficial sector :)

Yup, the new living room will not be as bright as before. Looking at your new layout, I guess you are making some sacrifice to put one of your children in his/her beneficial sector :)

The new converted room located at 'Qian Gua' will be for my elder son.

With the relocated living room, I have door opening at favorable spot on micro level analysis. That is why the FSM agreed to our makeover plan.

Not bad. Donny is worth praising.

120x_ae2_uc4it.jpg

Is that a wooden door for your toilet? Be careful of moisture.

That 3D drawing is not from Donny. It was originated from the shop where we choosen the tiles. So the drawing is to show me how the actual colour theme for that toilet. ID said if I don't like the color of wall & floor tiles, there is still time allowance to change them.

Once I accepted the color scheme, then ID will proceed with his 3D drawings.

So, the door reflected in the picture can be ignored. I'm choosing aluminium sliding door with mirror for master toilet, and another wooden door outside. This means I have 2 sliding doors for master toilet.