Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

I am so excited today as the major hacking and demolition will start any moment now.

Initially, HDB granted the permit for all reno items for today, tomorrow and Monday, while pending approval for bringing down those walls at store, kitchen and living room. I called HDB officer on Tues and told him that we have babies staying next door and would like to minimise disruption. He can empathize the situation and told me that he will inform HQ to expedite. Yesterday, I received a call from HDB officer that we got approval for these demolition and erection of walls concurrently. :)

In Feng Shui, everything is about timing. It was coincidence that the permit was applied on an auspicious day! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am so excited today as the major hacking and demolition will start any moment now.

Initially, HDB granted the permit for all reno items for today, tomorrow and Monday, while pending approval for bringing down those walls at store, kitchen and living room. I called HDB officer on Tues and told him that we have babies staying next door and would like to minimise disruption. He can empathize the situation and told me that he will inform HQ to expedite. Yesterday, I received a call from HDB officer that we got approval for these demolition and erection of walls concurrently. :)

In Feng Shui, everything is about timing. It was coincidence that the permit was applied on an auspicious day! :)

Goodness gracious! My next door neighbour hacked the wall without a valid HDB permit.

Did you inform your next door neighbour about the hacking.... so that they can have some arrangement for the babies.

Edited by CoffeeMan

Goodness gracious! My next door neighbour hacked the wall without a valid HDB permit.

Did you inform your next door neighbour about the hacking.... so that they can have some arrangement for the babies.

I did inform them our reno starts today a week ago. These days, the couple with their 1 and 3 years old sons are staying elsewhere. Incidentally, their relative passed away earlier this week and this family went back to Malaysia. On top of that, our block is carrying out lift upgrading at the same time. The new lift opening is right in front of our units. Hence, with all disruption and noises, they moved out temporary.

Today is your demolition & hacking day... wish you good luck and a smooth one. Remember to take some photos for memory :)

hi, CoffeeMan

Thank you very much for your well wishes!

I am bringing the camera with me from today onwards and will go down to snap the progress photographs.

I called OpenNet the other day and I almost flared up when she told me that I cannot remove the terminal box as it belongs to the property of OpenNet, neither can I get them to dismantle and relocate the terminal box within the reno period. :curse:

The earliest date given was Jan 24, 2011!! In the end, I told them I have only 2 choices: get their man to dismantle within my reno period, or grant me the right to remove by my own!

That lady checked with her Technical Officer and later told me that I can proceed to dismantle the terminal box 'if it stands in the way of our renovation', and she will send me the procedure on requirements for subsequent re-installation of the terminal box. Till now, I have not received her email.

Anyone has the procedure for my electrician on how to leave the concealed conduit for future splicing? I don't want to take things for granted and assumed the electrician knows what to do. I prefer that I convey exactly what is expected to avoid issues later on when OpenNet comes to reinstall the terminal box. :help:

DEMOLITION AFTERMATH - DAY 1

The 'Hacker' at Work in Living room. Photo taken around 2:00pm. Noticed the hoarding on the left of picture? It will be the opening for the new lift ready by Aug 2011.

m3vl_ffc_uc4it.jpg

Living Room - looks like war zone. I took this photo when the workers had left for the day.

tc0h_0f3_uc4it.jpg

Kitchen - 80% hacked

r70o_dfe_uc4it.jpg

Kitchen & Store - the wall should be down today

vb0n_2d0_uc4it.jpg

Day 1 - Demolition aftermath - continued

Service Balcony - all floor and walls tiles are gone!

1au7_2f4_uc4it.jpg

Master toilet - all hacking is complete, and the WC bowl removed

y0wv_3bb_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom - only small portion of parquets were removed. I believe they will complete by Day 2

162h_f4d_uc4it.jpg

This weekend I will be busy choosing washer and fridge. With so many brands and models, consumers are really spoilt for choice!

I always like the fridge with 2-doors side by side type which has lots of compartments and shelves.

There is also sufficient space wide enough to accommodate this type of fridge.

Now, I am considering which brand I should buy?

This weekend I will be busy choosing washer and fridge. With so many brands and models, consumers are really spoilt for choice!

I always like the fridge with 2-doors side by side type which has lots of compartments and shelves.

There is also sufficient space wide enough to accommodate this type of fridge.

Now, I am considering which brand I should buy?

You may want to consider Panasonic Inverter Fridge (4 ticks) - low energy consumption and high in capacity. Those 2 doors (side-by-side) usually has a higher energy consumption.

DEMOLITION AFTERMATH - DAY 1

The 'Hacker' at Work in Living room. Photo taken around 2:00pm. Noticed the hoarding on the left of picture? It will be the opening for the new lift ready by Aug 2011.

m3vl_ffc_uc4it.jpg

Your main door seems to be very near to the lift. Hope that your FSM has given you a remedy to counteract the EM wave when the life is ready.

Kacking & Demolition Aftermath - Day 2

Opening for door entrance to new Bedroom

g751_52a_uc4it.jpg

Partial clearing of debris for material storage

rpq9_7eb_uc4it.jpg

Kitchen with the new opening for sliding window (dining area)

16hm_af8_uc4it.jpg

Common Toilet & Bathroom

w7bo_e80_uc4it.jpg

Materials arrived on Day 2

iqll_4a6_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Workers were clearing the debris on Saturday, 27-Nov. Tiles & sands also arrived on Saturday.

This is what I saw this morning when I went up to inspect during my lunchtime:

General workers are still clearing bags of debris which they packed over the weekend. Can imagine the huge amount of waste generated during demolition & hacking!

u410_23a_uc4it.jpg

Sands everywhere

fiw4_1b5_uc4it.jpg

Floor Tiles for the livingroom, Dining and Bedrooms

ns8r_170_uc4it.jpg

Aircon pipe still lying across the floor of master toilet!

15a8_a67_uc4it.jpg

....continued progress photos on Day 2 & 3

Store Room walls are demolised to give way for new sliding door storage cabinet

1a8d_c85_uc4it.jpg

Will be asking the ID to hack away the dangling wall and re-construct with new wall

134w_40d_uc4it.jpg

Some observations today:

Spalling concrete which must be hacked & redo

1cox_2d9_uc4it.jpg

Spotted broken wall ceramic tiles which workers put aside

1cvr_dcc_uc4it.jpg

Few pieces of Broken hollow-blocks

u710_1cb_uc4it.jpg

Your main door seems to be very near to the lift. Hope that your FSM has given you a remedy to counteract the EM wave when the life is ready.

Hi, CoffeeMan

Many thanks again for your kind concern.

The new lift looks quite near, but actually it is opened at the space between the parapat wall between 2 units and quite a distance away. See enclosed floor plan of our block, abstracted from my feng shui final class assignment. Therefore, the EM wave will not affect our units as concurred by my FSM.

j990_cde_uc4it.jpg

Infact, I will be using this new lift when it is ready as the Water Theories which I applied - San He Water Theory, 3-Killings Yellow Spring and Xiao Wang Shui water theories are all Auspicious, in addition to Hexagram Reading for tapping the Water flow from new lift to the main door entrance. Side entrance may not be so auspicious although it has favourable water star.

the hoarding....

ligj_4a7_uc4it.jpg

Hope the wall which your neighbour hacked is not the structural member affecting the foundation! :unsure: