Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

I will be asking my ID to change the door of wardrobe in master bedroom to full frosted glass....

w5oc_4c1_uc4it.jpg

As for the Bedroom 4, ID showed me the black frosted glass sample which will replace the mirror door of this wardrobe:

hdrt_48d_uc4it.jpg

Also decided to keep the colour theme as my eldest son likes the classy ambience! Although against the FSM recommendation, but colour in Feng Shui has only 5-10% effect.....and if he likes the bedroom and feel good, he will be good and we will just let it be!

Edited by mae29

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Progress photograph - wall opening at Dining & Kitchen:

1lpj_aec_uc4it.jpg

I am looking forward to the final completion!

Progress photographs

Cement screed ready at Master Toilet. Floor tiles should be laid anytime these days...

17ly_f08_uc4it.jpg

Hollow block wall at Kitchen / Stove with Wall tiles up....photo showing before / after

17o5_2a6_uc4it.jpg

Holow Block Wall erected for the new bedroom.....oh no....definitely have to paint it white - else it will make the living room looks dark & gloomy :o Hope my FSM didn't notice that I didn't follow his plan....

16lg_4f8_uc4it.jpg

Received another batch of revised 3D drawings from my ID. I am only posting this new drawing which shows the window ledge at the opening at Dining area.

The kitchen top cabinet with 2 pieces of frosted glass doors which I requested is now added.

So far, my ID has been very responsive and I am happy to engage his service. :)

10pe_f56_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs...14 Dec 2010

Door frames erected...

hm82_460_uc4it.jpg

Kitchen Cabinet Base erected...

g9xo_ae9_uc4it.jpg

Completed Kitchen Foyer Feature Wall & Cement screed for whole kitchen & service balcony is done...

w7bo_248_uc4it.jpg

Master Toiler Floor tiles and shower area ready

yyxt_112_uc4it.jpg

I have to attend a teleconference during lunch hour and so, went up earlier than usual to buy lunch for the 4 tilers today. Saw that they are ready to lay the floor tiles in the living room. I have specifically informed my ID and tilers that the FIRST piece of 600mm x 600mm floor tile must perfect, uncut and not broken. As I am also working late this evening, I can't drop by to inspect the work. Will be there early tomorrow morning before 8am, before I come to office.

Here is what I saw this morning...

Tiles and bags of cement neatly lined up at the main gate

16s4_b5b_uc4it.jpg

2 tilers for the floor are getting ready...I was told that this uncle is the most experienced floor tiler!

ns8r_7fd_uc4it.jpg :rolleyes:

197x_104_uc4it.jpg

For the first time, I am really angry at the workers for being careless. They have laid the first piece of tile correctly at main entrance but they stepped on it when they left last evening. So, when I went up this morning, I can feel the unlevelled floor at main entrance. Another piece of tile near the kitchen entrance was badly chipped off. Workers explained that the house was dark after raining and they didn't notice it when they laid the tile.

Early morning I complained to my ID and he was already there talking to the tiler when I went up again later.

Hi Mae

Congrats, hope your reno will be smooth sailing! look forward to more pics :)

Hi, reglxt

Thank you for your well wishes! Everything has been going on smoothly as I have a responsible, dedicated and reliable ID, Donny!

The only exception is the tilers who are doing manual work. Out of 4 or 5 tilers, one spoilt brat will get on your nerves.

ID came to site yesterday morning after my complaint.

grq4_5ba_uc4it.jpg

Another panel of wall from top to bottom done by another tiler which has to be hacked & re-do....infact I didn't notice this until tiler Ah Lim highlighted to me ;). He agreed to redo and asked me not to inform my ID. :o

This is the wall at the common bathroom joining the wall tiles at Kitchen.

grq4_2c4_uc4it.jpg

Showing here is the First piece of 600mm x 600m tile laid correctly, but careless workers step on it when they go home. Now, this piece is sinking.... :furious:

ID asked me not to get fury over this matter, he said leave the issue to him to settle. ;)

mhl2_bdf_uc4it.jpg

The rest of tiles laid at **** Room are acceptable.

grq4_4db_uc4it.jpg

Fret not... There will always be little hiccups and bumps along the way.

Everything will be okie for you :)

Hi, CoffeeMan

Thank you for the advice and well wishes! Everything was 'swee swee' for the 2 toilets & bathroom, which was all done up by tiler Ah Lim. Then came some other tilers and things get screwed up by one Person, the old man who is supposed to be very experienced. :ph34r:

ID had complained to the contractor and requested to change the tilers. Now, the contractor has to reimburse my ID's firm for the wasted material (tiles, etc), re-lay the floor tiles all over again.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. ID had informed earlier that he will be coming over in the morning. When I received his text message saying he will reach in 10 mins, I quickly stopped my tasks on hand and went home straight away. That was around 9 plus in the morning. ID had lodged my complaint to the contractor. Later I heard from tiler Ah Lim that his boss will also be coming over to attend to our complaint.

Then, at lunchtime, when I thought I can skip lunchtime inspection for the day, tiler Ah Lim called me and urgently need my opinion while he was laying the floor tiles at kitchen foyer, as he is afraid that I may reject later. Due to certain restriction, and seeing he had painstakingly aligned the tiles so nicely, I asked him to proceed with the rest of tiles.

At 4:30pm, tiler Ah Lim called and told me that his boss had arrived. I quickly walked back home for the 3rd time and saw only tiler Ah Lim and his boss. The other 2 tilers whom I have scolded them earlier had already left.

Earlier on, I have also arranged the electrician to meet my friend who is an expert in OpenNet installation. As I have insisted on certain brand of Cat 6 cables for efficient transmission, it is better for me to get them from this friend and pass the box of Cat 6 cables to the electrician who is starting next Wednesday. This electrician did comment that I cannot expect transmission quality as that of Office IT systems when installing Cat 6 cables, but I am adamant on my choice to select only the best quality be it office or home.

Yesterday also saw 2 window installers and they were still working when I left at 8 pm, after I am convinced that they are reliable. Otherwise , I would have stayed on until they finished!

So, there goes my busy Friday! On my way home, ID sent me a message and asked me to let him take care of the issue. Well, you may brand me as extremely picky customer as I had an ID who gave up the $78k reno contract of my previous flat at Kim Tian as I was complaining on every single piece of work they did 16 years ago!!

My current ID, Donny, is really a very patient man. Upto now, he can still 'tahan' my temper and meet my demands. In his text message, he said that my home is "his creation, his baby. If I don't feel happy, he will feel bad."

Let's see how long more he can 'tahan' my stringent checks! I am the sort of person who is not easily compromised on quality. I have also told tiler that I am going to knock on every single piece of floor tiles for 'hollowness' test and if an area has more than acceptable quantity of 'hollowed' tiles, I will consider the whole area being rejected! If they insist to only hack & replace only those rejected tiles, I will personally hacked them all with hammer!! :unsure:

Edited by mae29

Progress update for the week:

Besides the rejected tiles mentioned above, the rest of works were progressing well. Again, my ID is worth praising for his relentless efforts in getting things resolved quickly. He had personally came over to meet me as many as 3-4 times over the last week alone, inspecting the works and attending to each of my complaints seriously.

Here are the progress photographs:

Windows installation in progress....installers seen here working into the late evening

grq4_b8c_uc4it.jpg

Windows nicely done... :)

grq4_fbe_uc4it.jpg

Kitchen Foyer - Lighter colored floor tiles laid on last Friday. Floor tiles were nicely laid by tiler Ah Lim. :)

grq4_67a_uc4it.jpg

The Man-In-Black, ID Donny seen at site on each occassion when I complained...

grq4_876_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

A new day of the week, and I am already beginning to feel the busy atmosphere lingering around me....

When I spoke with my ID yesterday, he told me that he and his Project Manager are coming to the site this morning. So, I will definitely have to be present when they arrive...