Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

The guy in blue is the contractor installing the mirror sliding door at MBR toilet.

Did you just mention mirror sliding door at the toilet?! If possible, pls get 3M protection film for the sliding door. Btw, is your slidling door a tempered glass?

One of the RT forumers was badly cut by her shattered tempered glass in the toilet.

http://img401.imageshack.us/i/img1483a.jpg/

You may wish to visit her T-blog at: (Warning: Grumesome Photos)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2559&st=280

Edited by CoffeeMan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Did you just mention mirror sliding door at the toilet?! If possible, pls get 3M protection film for the sliding door. Btw, is your slidling door a tempered glass?

One of the RT forumers was badly cut by her shattered tempered glass in the toilet.

http://img401.imageshack.us/i/img1483a.jpg/

You may wish to visit her T-blog at: (Warning: Grumesome Photos)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...2559&st=280

ouchh....I have read her thread and it is really unfortunate for her to sustain bad & deep cut. Hope she has fully recovered by now!

I have s shower screen inside my tiny shower area, made of tempered glass. I guess I have to put protective film to prevent accidentally knocking onto it and cause it to shatter, since my shower area is really really very small!

For the sliding door, not sure what material but the mirror is glued onto the PVC sliding door. I have a picture to show and will upload later.

You are most welcome.

I got the same PVC bi-fold door as you. If your shower area is near to the door, I would advise you to put some opaque material on the door panel. My shower area is near to the door and whoever taking a shower at night (with the toilet light switched on), the person's shadow will cast on the door and it can be seen from the outside (and the door is facing my neighbour's service yard) . I only realised this when the house was handed over to me :|

OH oh....my son's girlfriend will definitely not like it! :bath:

I will keep this in mind & probably have to put something opaque on the door panel.

Thank you so much for bringing this up! :)

Items bought these 2 days:

Last evening, confirmed the fabric selection for the 4 bedrooms. Total damage is $1,750, from a shop at Balestier Plaza. The bulk of this goes to the day & night curtains, full length, for my MBR. Most expensive is the day curtains...

Before the confirmation, I have called up a few curtain makers I met at Expo. One of them had given me a quote but I just don't like the fabric.

grq4_86f_uc4it.jpg

Aiya.... deciding on how to mount the curtain tracks for my MBR is also problematic due to false ceiling and the electrical cable trunking above the windows. :bangwall: Luckily the ceiling guys and my hardworking ID were all available to solve the problem with the 'curtain' lady and her partner!

As for me, I am busy clicking away......as I am fortunate that we choose Donny for our extreme home makeover who is taking care of solving all headaches for me :):good:

grq4_4bc_uc4it.jpg

Went back during lunchtime to confirm the laundry system, TPS 330 / 25" type. Damage is $788. They will install next week after ceiling is painted. Expensive! :jawdrop:

Edited by mae29

As mentioned in several of my posts, my ID is very reliable guy and never fail to turn up to inspect & check the installations. Ceiling guy came this week, and you see my ID again...busy checking details...

lqem_d93_uc4it.jpg

grq4_83e_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

My expensive kitchen cabinets.....!!!!

These are additional items added to my kitchen cabinets:

Additional $200 for the side panel to shield the view from back door.

Additional $690 to change the white carcass to coloured polycam material (I choose grey colour interior). This is because the usual white colour carcass will eventually turned yellowish or have spots after sometimes.

Additional $920 for Blum systems for all the drawers to hold weight upto 50 kgs! (I got them directly from supplier), strong enough to hold all stainless steel AMC cookery ware.

I have also asked the carpenter to change the hinges to better quality type.

oyud_3dc_uc4it.jpg

I have also changed these 4 similar size drawers on the left to 3 instead: the top 2 drawers remain, but bottom 2 becomes one big deep drawer.

oyud_8c7_uc4it.jpg

You will note that I didn't buy any stainless steel sink. I asked my ID to fabriate the integrated single-bowl sink - that is using same material as the solid surface work top to achieve integrated seamless effect.

I had installed stainless steel sink and ceramic sink for my previous flat. Now, just to fulfill my dream before my life expired! :P

Edited by mae29

Progress photographs: pictures taken this afternoon when I was there to buy lunch for 3 ceiling workers and meeting with the guy for laundry hanger

This photo shows how the aircon trunking cuts through the pole system wardrobe which casing is forming in progress in Bedroom 2 for my youngest son.

grq4_3b2_uc4it.jpg

MBR wardrobe - forming in progress. (The wardrobe is at the right wall of entrance....you may find it weird..but that is the only ideal location!)

grq4_5f1_uc4it.jpg

The partition with TV console at Bedroom 4 for my eldest son...to cover up the ugly beams.

grq4_718_uc4it.jpg

The partition to block the recess area where his bed is placed, at Bedroom 3 for my second son.

grq4_830_uc4it.jpg

The mirror sliding door @ MBR bathroom/toilet. There will be another wooden sliding door outside....! As mentioned in earlier post, I can't stand the slightest sound of water dripping in the PVC pipes at night!!! I guess next time I must stay at the top floor, or landed property in my next life! sighzzz :rolleyes:

grq4_a4b_uc4it.jpg

This view is from the kitchen looking through the window ledge....my FSM will be happy to know that my livingroom is still bright bright....he had advised me that I must keep the livingroom bright, making it as Yang as possible because I am the sole bread winner & head of family! :)

grq4_1bd_uc4it.jpg

The ceiling at kitchen foyer is also done....also seen in the picture is the back door of the house, which you will seldom see in HDB flats.

grq4_335_uc4it.jpg

The nice unblocked scenery from the Bedroom 4, the livingroom before the makeover plan...and the white powder coated window with green tinted glass panel.

grq4_93f_uc4it.jpg

I re-post the original floor plan of our 5-Room flat, as earlier one its image was quite small.

The original sink was placed near the windows....but my FSM advised to shift it away from that location. The original wall between kitchen & service balcony was removed by ex-owner, but I reinstate it in my current renovation plan, as I have shifted the stove out to this position and stove needs backing for feng shui reason.

You will also notice that the original livingroom is now converted into a bedroom, and the Dining room into Living cum dining. The original store room was also hacked down and resize.

jj4b_de0_uc4it.jpg

That's why I choose the theme for my reno-blog "Extreme Makeover"!

Items bought over the long weekends:

Sealy Posturepedic mattresses (total spent on mattress $8,800)

For MBR, model Laissex Queen with base Divan, price $4300 after discount

For Bedroom 2 & 3, Mayfair Super Single with C76 Divan, price $2250 x 2 (total $4500)

Bedroom 4, no need to buy mattress as we use back my existing King size Sealy mattress bought a year ago!

Managed to change model of mattress for MBR to Sealy Palatial Crest Unicased DSS Coil, model: Kingbury Euro-Top. Original price of Mattress alone is over $5k. Total with base paid after discount is $5736 for Queen size mattress with divan base, without headboard which I asked my ID to custom made. ( same design as 3D drawing).

Also bought a dining set, round shape offwhite white cultured marble with 4 chairs at X'Clusive Home @ $1,800.

Edited by mae29

Progress photographs:

Yesterday, met my ID and finalised once again the color for the aluminium sliding door with frosted glass for the wardrobes of all rooms. Also met with the lady boss to discuss the interior for the pole systems wardrobe. It is good that my youngest son was with me yesterday and we went to her showroom at Kallang Way to choose the layout of interior compartments.

Kudos to my ID :good::thumbs up: . Donny proposed to change all wardrobes to pole system type, and we really like them.

grq4_44c_uc4it.jpg

Yesterday, ID was also busy talking to the electrician to relocate a wall switch which the electrician didn't follow instruction and now this switch is obstructing the wooden sliding door at master toilet.

grq4_b71_uc4it.jpg

...also busy talking to the electrician regarding the cover lights connection underneath the platform at new bedroom 4.

grq4_bbc_uc4it.jpg

Donny again....busy confirming the dimensions of the shoe cabinet.

grq4_e9b_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Hardly get my son to make decision...yesterday was exception, perhaps my youngest son was in good mood!

We were at Kallang and stopped by X'clusive Home to continue my search for the dining table & chairs. Saw this dining table comes in diameter 1.2m. Asked the salesman if he can make it smaller, and he replied 'Yes, Yes, can can!" and I thought my hunt is over!

Then, when comes to the chairs, it is another round of headache. Either the chairs do not have good back support, or we don't like the design or material, or do not match our deco theme.

Spent nearly one hour combing their showroom and practically sat on every piece of the chairs on display. Then, the saleman told me that if I do not have price issue, he will recommend another 'good quality' chair which retail price is $399 each! Asked me to wait, and he brings in from one far corner.

This is so called a 'designer' chair, and the legs are in stainless steel. My son and me felt the chairs gave us good back support, firm cushion and quite comfortable due to its broad seat. Asked my dear son how he feels, and he gave me the nod to buy this set of dining table & chairs. (My son is 1.78m tall, and quite strong build guy for his age! ).

Here it goes, 4 pieces of chairs in WHITE and the round shape off-white cultured marble table @ $1800. (without the 'lazy susan')

grq4_234_uc4it.jpg

One thing which pissed me off when I received the invoice was the statement that 'they try hard to deliver by 27-January-2011, or t-loan one normal table for our reunion dinner"!!! When I queried the saleman, he said he will definitely try to commit the delivery date, but just in case, as table is cut and made in Beijing, and inserted "try very hard to deliver" just to calm me down. :angry::bangwall: My youngest son was with me and I don't want him to see the 'ugly side' of his mum! :):blink:

Otherwise I would have marched out of the shop empty handed! :furious:

1egl_0f7_uc4it.jpg

You will note from the invoice that my youngest son had decided to go along with what the saleman had recommended & confirmed the LaContessa mattress & bedframe at $1800.

As I had mentioned in one my post, my youngest son is not easy to handle and he is very self-opinionated! I have already paid deposit at Sealy and confirmed a super single bed (model: Mayfair) same as my second son, but my youngest son is just the type who won't just listen to you. What to do, he had 'test' sleep on that 'no brand' mattress - cos I have never heard of this brand', and he likes it.

No choice, I have to cancel his order at Sealy! Luckily the sales lady at Sealy @ IMM is my good friend, as I bought the previous King size mattress from her. So, she allows me to change our mind....and I changed my mind too....change the model of my Queen size Sealy Posturepedic mattress from Laissez to Kingbury.

Edited by mae29

Wow! Looking forward to seeing the completion!

We are all looking forward to the final completion, hopefully in 2 weeks'time! My children can't wait to move back to their private rooms!

Progress as at this afternoon:

Bedroom 3 - recess area boxed up and plastering done.

grq4_62c_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 4 - TV console & casement for pole system wardrobe plastering done..

grq4_263_uc4it.jpg

grq4_5de_uc4it.jpg

The TV console at LivingRoom, viewed from my MBR.

grq4_b75_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs...continued from above post:

Casement for pole system wardrobe at MBR is up....left plastering & painting to be done. I opt out laminate as I thought it will limit the choice of selecting the colors of bedsheets. I am the type of person who can get bored easily with seeing the same old thing for too long.....If I stick to what my ID has done up the 3D drawings, in less than One year, I will be tearing down the laminates for sure! Better don't waste material and choose solid color painting for the casement.

grq4_0d5_uc4it.jpg

The side of the wardrobe will now be painted Mosiac Grey, with White headboard c/w silver trimming. The sliding doors c/w aluminium frame with crystal white frosted glass for the centre big panel, and see-through frosted glass for top & bottom smaller panels on the doors. So, you see, not easy for my ID to handle this fussy customer with changes at the very last minute. Even this morning, I was telling my ID that I have made changes to the interior compartment as I need to think where to hide the safe box! Kudos to my ID for his patience and calmness!

w5oc_667_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29