Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Hi, forumers & friends here

Thank you for all your well wishes you sent me here,as well those who PM me. I want to let you know how much I'm touched by your kind words & encouragement.

I am attending JY "Empowering Your Destiny" Year of Metal Rabbit 2011 seminar at Raffles City Convention Centre now. Met many of my classmates from JY & VK classes. Also met Mr Eng, from Singapore Feng Shui Association, the the famous Astro Palmist Master Khor whom we met at last year convention organised by SFC.

In case you are also here, I'm the lady sitting in the front centre row of seats...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Congrats Mae. Whole reno is shaping up very nicely. Nice color tones on the wall. I have these greyish tones as my FSM fren has advised that I need more metal.

Notice you are painting your wrought iron gate. Does the paint stick on properly? Pls post a completed pic of gate if possible.

Good luck with the remainder of your reno. You must be excited to move in soon.

Hi, JCase

I saw my neighbour painted their wrought iron gate too, but in black so it looks ok. So, I also want to paint them over in beige colour as per my FSM recommendation. Not that bad as our original wrought iron gate was already so rusty after over a year.

Anyway, here are 2 pictures from the images I took yesterday around noon time when the contractor for Pole System wardrobes came to unload the materials.

r5aj_d1d_uc4it.jpg

dq68_f1e_uc4it.jpg

Hi Mae29

Is your electrician from the ID company you engaged?

I'd be getting my new flat - built & design, so basically all done up. Requires extra lighting points/ power points and thinking of connecting LAN cables into the rooms like you have done. Would you recommend your electrician? If so, mind to share (or pm) his contact & the cost in break down?

Betw, the connection guide you've shared have been absolutely helpful, thanks! :)

Hi, singabox

I would strongly recommend my electrician, but he is not from the ID company.

Look at how careful he installed the chandelier lights for my dining area...I was there the whole afternoon watching how he meticulously installed these crystals and lights....

if08_bd3_uc4it.jpg

He is a Malaysian, and I understand he will stop work by next weekend and return after CNY. I will PM you his contact number.

Like this pic very much! 4 against 1!! And all those dangling snakes... hisssss....

hahaha....that's why I stand far away watching them arguing over the track for the curtains.

Progress Photographs, Friday around 12:30pm

Carpentry works:

Kitchen cabinet installation in progress. You will see that I changed the internal carcass from white to Grey color polycam, and Blum systems for all drawers.

ufk3_add_uc4it.jpg

oyud_832_uc4it.jpg

Pole System Wardrobe installation in progress:

Lightings:

MBR - downlights & cove lights ready

grq4_ca1_uc4it.jpg

Kitchen - normal Ceiling florescent light

Kitchen Foyer - Downlights & Cove lights

grq4_df5_uc4it.jpg

The electrician and his last piece of 'finished' product...the chandelier light at Dining area which is the piece he assembled and installed on Friday afternoon.

grq4_e71_uc4it.jpg

The closeup of the crystal chandelier at Dining Area...the most expensive lights from the bulk of $3800 paid for whole house...comes with 3-way control for LED light, warm light or combination of both.

grq4_5f6_uc4it.jpg

Another quite expensive piece of 'bird cage' light for the mini garden yard...will be covering up the ugly U-pipe with some creeping plants. Will not box up as it will be blocking some natural lights.

grq4_eb1_uc4it.jpg

grq4_0d9_uc4it.jpg

I came back again in the late evening and these are the latest progress photographs:

Kitchen - partial drawers installed

grq4_56f_uc4it.jpg

Solid surface guy came to take measurements

grq4_add_uc4it.jpg

..and they have cut out the hole for cooker hob....

grq4_f80_uc4it.jpg

I have no time to go up today as I was attending a feng shui astrology seminar at Raffles City until nearly 6pm this evening.

Edited by mae29

Progress photographs as at Friday, 14-January evening, continued

The carpenter had installed similar suspended tables in all sons' room:

grq4_013_uc4it.jpg

Pole System Wardrobes installation:

MBR:

grq4_3c6_uc4it.jpg

BR 2 & 3 similar interior layout:

grq4_6c5_uc4it.jpg

grq4_cfd_uc4it.jpg

BR 4:

grq4_6ea_uc4it.jpg

All aluminium frame sliding doors with frosted glass will be installed in Monday.

Edited by mae29

Progress photographs as at Friday, 14-January evening, continued

The carpenter had installed similar suspended tables in all sons' room:

grq4_013_uc4it.jpg

Pole System Wardrobes installation:

MBR:

grq4_3c6_uc4it.jpg

BR 2 & 3 similar interior layout:

grq4_6c5_uc4it.jpg

grq4_cfd_uc4it.jpg

BR 4:

grq4_6ea_uc4it.jpg

All aluminium frame sliding doors with frosted glass will be installed in Monday.

Hi,

Is making this kind of pole system wardrobe expensive?

mind pm me the price?

Is everything from the false wall to pole to sliding door done by the wardrobe company?

Thanks...

Came back from the JY's FengShui & Astrology for 2011, and here are some solutions & remedies:

Receiving God of Wealth:

3- February-2011, timing is 3:30am. If you cannot wake up at this hour, next best timing is 6:00am.

God of Wealth is at South

God of Nobility is at SW

God of Happiness is at NE

Wealth Activation:

- 20 Feb 2011, sectors to activate are NW1 and SE1 simultaneouly. Timing is 11:30am. Not suitable for RAT in BaZi chart.

- 21 Mar 2011, sectors to activate are NW1 & SE1. Timing is 11:30pm. Not suitable for Snake in BaZi chart.

Worst Dates to Avoid in 2011:

- 7 March 2011, Xin Mao hour

- 26 June 2011, Geng Xu hour, i.e. 7pm to 9pm

- 21 July 2011, 1:30pm

Good dates to 'Hoi Kong' (Re-open) after CNY:

1) 6th Day of CNY, i.e. on the 8-Feb-2011, timing is 6:00am (effect is 33.3%). If you can't start work at this hour, next bext timing is 1:30pm (10% effect). These date & timings are suitable for all zodiacs except those with RAT in their BaZi chart.

2) 9th day of CNY, i.e. on the 11th February 2011. Best timing is 11:30am, next best timing to start work is at 1:30pm. BaZi chart must not have Rabbit.

3) 14th February 2011 (Monday), timing is 3:30pm. BaZi chart cannot have HORSE.

As it is quite late now, I will elaborate on the above activiation process if I have more time.

Stay tuned...

Hi,

Is making this kind of pole system wardrobe expensive?

mind pm me the price?

Is everything from the false wall to pole to sliding door done by the wardrobe company?

Thanks...

My ID changed to Pole System at the same price, but have to top up to change to aluminium frame frosted glass door. I also top up for extra drawers and one of them come with pigeon holes for belts & tie. I will take picture & post up tomorrow or MOnday. So, it is more expensive than normal casement wardrobe...but interior material is superior than those oridinally white carcass used for casement wardrobe.

The casement from false wall is done by the ceiling contractor. The Poles & planks including sliding doors are done by the Pole System same subcon.

I will pm you more details tomorrow.

Edited by mae29

Came back from the JY's FengShui & Astrology for 2011, and here are some solutions & remedies:

Receiving God of Wealth:

3- February-2011, timing is 3:30am. If you cannot wake up at this hour, next best timing is 6:00am.

God of Wealth is at South

God of Nobility is at SW

God of Happiness is at NE

Wealth Activation:

- 20 Feb 2011, sectors to activate are NW1 and SE1 simultaneouly. Timing is 11:30am. Not suitable for RAT in BaZi chart.

- 21 Mar 2011, sectors to activate are NW1 & SE1. Timing is 11:30pm. Not suitable for Snake in BaZi chart.

Worst Dates to Avoid in 2011:

- 7 March 2011, Xin Mao hour

- 26 June 2011, Geng Xu hour, i.e. 7pm to 9pm

- 21 July 2011, 1:30pm

Good dates to 'Hoi Kong' (Re-open) after CNY:

1) 6th Day of CNY, i.e. on the 8-Feb-2011, timing is 6:00am (effect is 33.3%). If you can't start work at this hour, next bext timing is 1:30pm (10% effect). These date & timings are suitable for all zodiacs except those with RAT in their BaZi chart.

2) 9th day of CNY, i.e. on the 11th February 2011. Best timing is 11:30am, next best timing to start work is at 1:30pm. BaZi chart must not have Rabbit.

3) 14th February 2011 (Monday), timing is 3:30pm. BaZi chart cannot have HORSE.

As it is quite late now, I will elaborate on the above activiation process if I have more time.

Stay tuned...

hi there,

jus 1 quick qns, so is RAT inauspicious in this rabbit year?

i thought both r furry animals n shld be friends?

:)

Hi Mae29,

I am really impressed with your detail of your reno work. Single parent to 3 kids and sold bread winner yet you have to manage the whole reno yourself.

Taking time off during lunch time to visit the progress and so on... .

I am sure with your dedication your house will turn out very nice.

I will be starting my 2nd reno and hence has begun starting my research. My 1st reno ID was ok but the capentry workmanship was not up to my standard.

May I know how you find the capentry workmanship ?

Appreciate if you could share the ID detail, Electrician detail and capentry (if not fr the ID firm). thanks.

Take care !

HI Mae29, can you please PM me the brand of the pole system also? Thanks....

Ok. I will pm you all the contact details.

Edited by mae29