Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Progress photographs:

ICI paint on standby yesterday....one Morning Dew for LivingRoom, and Mosiac Grey for MBR - partial wall.

grq4_ea6_uc4it.jpg

Today, the 1st coat of Morning Dew for the LivingRoom..should achieve warm ambience when the ceiling & cove lights are up later this week.

grq4_7c8_uc4it.jpg

MBR with 1st coat of Mosiac Grey color. The rest of walls will be painted in 'Forever Blue'....

grq4_325_uc4it.jpg

All painting colour scheme are planned according to the advice of my Feng Shui master. It is therefore a challenge for my ID to strike a balance to achieve the design scheme intended for a modern home concept, with little room for his creation. Yet, he can deliver!

Today, the lights ordered from Azora_Lightings have arrived. As delivery time was scheduled between 11:30am to 1:00pm, I stayed longer than my usual lunch break while waiting for them to deliver....and chance upon our hardworking ID at the carpark while I bought packet food for the painter.

.....and his presence is a pleasant surprise to me as I thought there is no need for ID to 'supervise' the painting. :thumbs up:

grq4_d33_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The remote sounds like a home automation gadget to me. Did you have to do special wiring for it?

I remember that Philips have light bulbs which can be controlled via remote. Is that what you're using, perhaps?

I guess the electrician will do special wiring and change the normal switch. We are using down lights & cove lights for all rooms, whole house. The electrician told me that the remote switch comes with 3 way programme; 1st one for both warm & cool white lights ON at the same time, 2nd one for switching only the Warm lights ON, and the 3rd one for the Cool white lights. Can only install after PE inspection...so I will take photgraphs and post up in due course.

And why do you need to wash the curtains every two months? I wash my curtains once a year. o_o

I get sick of seeing the same design / color of curtains for sooo long. Further, my place is very windy, and so it is very dusty. I am a 'clean' freak...and I can't stand messy, untidy, all things must be neat & clean. That's why I like all things in white color and I luv glass and mirrors. Any spots or stains can be noticed and clean up immediately. I dont like black, or dull color as dirt will be camouflaged! tsk tsk tsk..

Progress photographs:

ICI paint on standby yesterday....one Morning Dew for LivingRoom, and Mosiac Grey

.....and his presence is a pleasant surprise to me as I thought there is no need for ID to 'supervise' the painting. :thumbs up:

grq4_fbf_uc4it.jpg

nice reno progress u have there... reading ur t-blog makes me realised this fact:

"Pay peanuts, get monkeys"... my ID's involvement in my project as compare to yours is a far cry. For the past 7 weeks (49 days), i only bumped into him once in the afternoon when he dropped by to measure the gas piping layout. hahahaha... sadz ah. if only he is so onz like ur ID, i guess many hiccups (which i will elaborated in detail once my reno is completed) of my reno will be avoided. :(

saw ur newly purchase ICI paints so shiok... mine dunno from whose left-over. sob sobz. but it is an experience for my wife and myself. i guess i still look too young in late 20s (self compliment! :D ). ID sees my face like can makan. Maybe my next reno will be in my 30s. by then hopefully can project a more "uncle and no-nonsense" image to them.

once again, u have a great reno and the BEST id which i have read so far. Will definitely keep him in my look-up list in future. :P

nice reno progress u have there... reading ur t-blog makes me realised this fact:

"Pay peanuts, get monkeys"... my ID's involvement in my project as compare to yours is a far cry. For the past 7 weeks (49 days), i only bumped into him once in the afternoon when he dropped by to measure the gas piping layout. hahahaha... sadz ah. if only he is so onz like ur ID, i guess many hiccups (which i will elaborated in detail once my reno is completed) of my reno will be avoided. :(

saw ur newly purchase ICI paints so shiok... mine dunno from whose left-over. sob sobz. but it is an experience for my wife and myself. i guess i still look too young in late 20s (self compliment! :D ). ID sees my face like can makan. Maybe my next reno will be in my 30s. by then hopefully can project a more "uncle and no-nonsense" image to them.

once again, u have a great reno and the BEST id which i have read so far. Will definitely keep him in my look-up list in future. :P

As mentioned in the beginning of my post, I dropped the rest of IDs and even the cheapest contractors like 'hot potatoes' as they are not as diligent and hardworking as my ID! :D .....

Progress photographs:

There are 2 main features which make a house beautiful and that is the house decor and lightings.

Look at the amount of lights required for my extreme makeover plan!

grq4_4c4_uc4it.jpg

grq4_ab5_uc4it.jpg

Remember the earlier post on the wall switch for toilet @ MBR?

My electrician is also amazing :good: ....he managed to re-route the switch seamlessly!

grq4_7c6_uc4it.jpg

...and the final touch for the switches used in my house.

grq4_46c_uc4it.jpg

Progress today:

Went up twice today, one during usual lunchtime and another at 3:30pm when ID told me that he is coming over to discuss the platform for bedroom 4, as we need to shift it inwards to make room for more walking space between wardrobe and the platform.

Lightings are almost done when I went up at 3:30pm today. Painting is also near completion and left only touching up corners. They will do acid cleaning this evening and hopefully, by tomorrow morning, my house is 'sui sui' already.

Here are the progress photographs taken this afternoon:

MBR - Color is Forever Blue & Mosiac Grey. There is another Laminated Wooden sliding door which will be ready in time for handover.

grq4_14c_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 2 - Greystone & Morning Dew

grq4_dde_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 3 - Cool Lime Green & Morning Dew

grq4_037_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 4 - Greystone for TV feature wall & Morning Dew for rest of walls

grq4_570_uc4it.jpg

continued...

LivingRoom - Color is Morning Dew for the walls.

grq4_33e_uc4it.jpg

Dining Area - Color is Sandstone. Pendant light at the centre will be installed tomorrow

grq4_c57_uc4it.jpg

Kudos to the Electrician! :thumbs up: Good workmanship & attention to details...touching up the corners of downlight

grq4_0e5_uc4it.jpg

The rest of lights will be completed by tomorrow. I have also signed the form for PE certification & returned to Guo Xin this afternoon.

Edited by mae29

MBR - view from the door entrance. Colour for this side of the wall is Forever Blue. Lights still installing in progress...

Will work with ID again, hopefully after CNY, on solutions for the wall below the aircon fan coil unit. Intially wanted to take back the 1-year old IKEA white cabinet...but now I changed my mind and wants everything new.

However, as 5-Yellow resides in my bedroom next year, i.e. after Feb 4, I can't renovate the room until an auspicious date is selected. Let me think about it, while ID think what to do with that wall, so as not to block the natural lights coming from windows to the LivingRoom just outside.

grq4_50d_uc4it.jpg

Painters painting the door grilles. Both Main & Side doors will be replaced and installation is scheduled for next Monday.

grq4_2da_uc4it.jpg

....and again and again...my ID...I guess he is now suspecting that I am taking his photographs instead of work progress so he tried to 'siem' when he sees my camera, talking on phone at a far distance away from me! (I always took his picture either he was busy talking to contractor or busy on the phone).

grq4_fc6_uc4it.jpg

Today, heard him calling the glass work contractor to return to touch up the silicon, and visiting my downstairs neighbour who had complained of water stain on the ceiling at Kitchen area...unavoidable as our block is 30 years old and the structure had become porous, so when we laid the wet cement, it is inevitable for water seeping through the common structure (ceiling).

It is very unreasonable neighbour...expect my painter to give them special coating from company like Chemitreat or those special marine paint! I told the male owner to fly kite! :furious: We will only reinstate what is normally practised in the industry for home renovation, and told him off that we cannot meet his extreme demand which is beyond HDB regulations. In the end, before we left, ID told this male owner that we will scrap off the old paint, and repaint 2 layers of paint for them. Period. Cool man.....

Edited by mae29

been following your t-blog!

you are really diligent going up everyday though you mention you work nearby.

Also, everyday there's progress which quite seldom seen.

And yes, your ID is really very hardworking too!

Really looking forward for completed renovation.

Especially your kitchen!! :)

been following your t-blog!

you are really diligent going up everyday though you mention you work nearby.

Also, everyday there's progress which quite seldom seen.

And yes, your ID is really very hardworking too!

Really looking forward for completed renovation.

Especially your kitchen!! :)

Hi, footprint

Good Morning and thank you for visiting my t-blog.

My workplace is at International Business Park, a stone throw away from Pandan Gardens. All my lunchtime is spent going up to inspect the works. Whenever there is new activities, I will pay close attention to that particular task. It is better to give the contractors daily punchlist once you spot anything not to your expectation because getting them to return again is quite difficult once they left the place to another job site, especially during the peak season when home owners are rushing to move in before CNY.

....and I buy lunch for the workers.

As for my ID, I have yet to compliment him for his efficient service. Must wait until the whole renovation is complete then I deliver to him my verdict. He is really a good ID, so I am his 'Bad' customer always making last minute changes to reno items. :sport-smiley-004:

:dancingqueen:

Activities for today:

Tiler Ah Lim is coming over to touch up the groutings and re-do skirtings around the feature walls.

ID had 'warned' me before I screamed at him, to prepare to see 'lobang' in the grouting as it is an inevitable process during chemical wash.

Carpenter is also coming to install the kitchen cabinet......so I must be there to inspect!

I am taking half day off this afternoon, and I will be attending a FengShui Astrology seminar by my FSM, Joey Yap, tomorrow. Will be meeting my old 'kakis' there...

Will update on the installation progress soon!

Activities for today:

Tiler Ah Lim is coming over to touch up the groutings and re-do skirtings around the feature walls.

ID had 'warned' me before I screamed at him, to prepare to see 'lobang' in the grouting as it is an inevitable process during chemical wash.

Carpenter is also coming to install the kitchen cabinet......so I must be there to inspect!

I am taking half day off this afternoon, and I will be attending a FengShui Astrology seminar by my FSM, Joey Yap, tomorrow. Will be meeting my old 'kakis' there...

Will update on the installation progress soon!

Haha! Your ID knows your pattern now :)

I would like to share with you that custom-made furniture from China will usually be delayed. My dinning table (during non-peak period) took one and a half month to arrive (instead of one month) after countless airtime and smses with the "helpful-less" salesman. In addition, the mode of transport is usually shipping. And some of the carpenters may have returned early to their hometowns to prepare for the CNY. Your salesman forewarned note has carried some hints to prepare you.

Enjoy your seminar tomorrow :)

Congrats Mae. Whole reno is shaping up very nicely. Nice color tones on the wall. I have these greyish tones as my FSM fren has advised that I need more metal.

Notice you are painting your wrought iron gate. Does the paint stick on properly? Pls post a completed pic of gate if possible.

Good luck with the remainder of your reno. You must be excited to move in soon.

Hi Mae29

Is your electrician from the ID company you engaged?

I'd be getting my new flat - built & design, so basically all done up. Requires extra lighting points/ power points and thinking of connecting LAN cables into the rooms like you have done. Would you recommend your electrician? If so, mind to share (or pm) his contact & the cost in break down?

Betw, the connection guide you've shared have been absolutely helpful, thanks! :)