Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

May I know how you find the capentry workmanship ?

Appreciate if you could share the ID detail, Electrician detail and capentry (if not fr the ID firm). thanks.

Take care !

So far, the kitchen cabinets turned out beautifully. However, I have seen better workmanship than mine and if I based on what I have came across, my unbias ratings are as followings:

- Kitchen Cabinet, B+

- Study Table & Suspended Cabinet, B-

I have to be honest with my ratings, perhaps I am too stringent on quality and demand only perfection. Therefore, no contractors can ever get 100% or A from me for workmanship!

- My ID is Donny See. Strongly recommended!

- My Electrician is Guo Xin, or Kok Heng (I will pm his contact details). Strongly recommended

- Carpenter is through the ID firm

Edited by mae29

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Took half day leave and stationed full afternoon at my house to inspect the following WIP:

- Doors installation

- Laundry Hanger installation

- Aircon test run

Here are the progress photographs:

Main & side doors installed, waiting for my locksmith to install the lock on door & grille.

Main entrance door:

grq4_42f_uc4it.jpg

Back entrance door:

grq4_fe5_uc4it.jpg

The door comes with lockset, but it the cheapo type (which they give me $30 discount for not taking up their lock). Locksmith came yesterday but the door is not ready for him to fix the lock. So, he will return again tomorrow. He charged me $150 for the 'HDB' approved lockset for main door, and $180 for the lock on main gate. I have 2 doors & gates, so the number is X 2.

Rejected Lock which comes with Main & side Doors

grq4_622_uc4it.jpg

The door handle c/w locking mechanism supplied from locksmith. I am changing the door locking mechanism using the same key as the lock on gate (one-key system). The locksmith told me HDB approved 4 designs, and this is one of them which is fire-proof.

grq4_37c_uc4it.jpg

progress photographs... continued

The Main Entrance. I will be painting myself the exterior common area once I moved back, after CNY when good stars reside in that sector. :D

The painter is coming back today to re-do the painting to most area... no choice, I am the picky type & painting supposed to give a final pleasant touch to the whole reno. So, I am expecting nothing less than 99% perfection. The painter is gonna have a hard time with me.... :(

grq4_6de_uc4it.jpg

The 4 doors to the 4 bedrooms in my house: closewise from left:

Bedroom 4 - Eldest son

Bedroom 3 - Second son

Bedroom 2 - Youngest son

Master Bedroom - you know whose room lah!

grq4_046_uc4it.jpg

The Laundry Hanger.....the installer even taught me how to use it. :)

grq4_95e_uc4it.jpg

All toilet & kitchen accessories will be installed this week. The plumber didn't install earlier because he is afraid the accessories may get tarnished during acid wash last week.

This is the shower set for me....master toilet....'hand-held' rainshower set ;)

grq4_09f_uc4it.jpg

The view of the door at back entrance...

grq4_959_uc4it.jpg

Close up view of the Main Door. It is 30-mins fire-rated solid door and I paid extra for them to laminate the veneer sheet, matching the room's doors.

grq4_66d_uc4it.jpg

The Laundry Hanger.....the installer even taught me how to use it. :)

grq4_95e_uc4it.jpg

may i know how much this costs? can it be extended out of the window? interested to get one of these...

BTW, for aircon testing, u need to run at full load with all the fan coils turned on for hours to see if the drainage pipe discharges water....

Hi Mae, may I know which shop did you purchase the laundry hanger ?

I'm also looking for a set of laundry hanger for my still renovating house. Need your advise, as I trust that you have purchased one which you are satisfied with the quality.

Cheers !!!

<!--quoteo(post=604972:date=Jan 18 2011, 11:32 AM:name=neubie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neubie @ Jan 18 2011, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=604972"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->may i know how much this costs? can it be extended out of the window? interested to get one of these...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=605032:date=Jan 18 2011, 01:53 PM:name=oliginal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oliginal @ Jan 18 2011, 01:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=605032"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi Mae, may I know which shop did you purchase the laundry hanger ?

I'm also looking for a set of laundry hanger for my still renovating house. Need your advise, as I trust that you have purchased one which you are satisfied with the quality.

Cheers

The shop was recommended by my ID; previously they are located at IMM, but now shifted to Kaki Bukit. The shop name is 'Shop 8 Renovation & Decoration'. Contact Person is Mesfin Ong, mobile 9686 3179. I paid $788 for the complete set as seen in the picture, including installation. Model is TPS 330 / 25". It is fully extendable upto 7 feet length. See my illustration in the picture. My friend came today to visit me, and commented that the lifting mechanism seems sturdy, good.

The rope you see in the picture is meant for clipping & holding up bedsheets for drying.

[qdo8_65c_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

any reason why the main and side doors open left, while the gates open right?

Hi, rickoveron

You are very observent indeed!

Actually the doors are opened against the wall. As for the gates, Yes, it has a 'feng shui' purpose...

so the "resting" height is at least 1.6m? are the poles designed such that u can slip the clothes thru the poles, or just hang out (just like bath towels) and fasten with pegs?

Progress photographs:

I went up during lunchtime today, and these are the updates:

Solid surface already installed at both rows of kitchen cabinets:

Left Row of Bottom Cabinets:

grq4_202_uc4it.jpg

The cabinets look sleek and neat now. Good workmanship.

grq4_57c_uc4it.jpg

Viewing from another angle - while standing at the mini garden.

grq4_be9_uc4it.jpg

continued:

Solid surface for stove & sink area. Noticed the 'integrated' single sink bowl? I like it very much when ID posed me the idea of getting this kind of sink moulded with the solid surface. As mentioned in earlier post, I initially wanted a bottom mount sink, but ID is concerned of water seepage in the long use. He therefore proposed to go with this method, for lasting use.

grq4_054_uc4it.jpg

Viewed from another angle:

grq4_be4_uc4it.jpg

Close up view of the single sink bowl:

sm6x_194_uc4it.jpg

grq4_4b9_uc4it.jpg

so the "resting" height is at least 1.6m? are the poles designed such that u can slip the clothes thru the poles, or just hang out (just like bath towels) and fasten with pegs?

Both ways, can slip through the poles for towels, clothes. For bedsheet, you clip both ends with the rope, then pull & straighten outside of the window to dry. Yes, need to fasten with pegs.

progress photographs - continued

Aluminium frame sliding doors with frosted glass for Pole System Wardrobe installation in progress:

MBR wardrobe:

grq4_1e8_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 3 - Second Son's room

We are mindful of the door knob banging against on the wardrobe glass door, so there is a door stopper at the top of bedroom door. I will also be installing a row of rubber stoppers (very kiasu) on the wooden door frame. Wanted to open door at the other direction, but not suitable & convenient.

grq4_920_uc4it.jpg

The rest of 2 rooms are still in progress, and adjustment of doors not yet done.

The painters return to re-do the painting...it is horrendous!!! If you see this group of painters at your step, in case other people engaged them for you, be mindful of their workmanship. It is horrible!!!

Now you know why I like to take photos of PEOPLE besides the reno progress photographs?

Edited by mae29

progress photographs - continued

Aluminium frame sliding doors with frosted glass for Pole System Wardrobe installation in progress:

MBR wardrobe:

grq4_1e8_uc4it.jpg

Bedroom 3 - Second Son's room

We are mindful of the door knob banging against on the wardrobe glass door, so there is a door stopper at the top of bedroom door. I will also be installing a row of rubber stoppers (very kiasu) on the wooden door frame. Wanted to open door at the other direction, but not suitable & convenient.

grq4_920_uc4it.jpg

The rest of 2 rooms are still in progress, and adjustment of doors not yet done.

The painters return to re-do the painting...it is horrendous!!! If you see this group of painters at your step, in case other people engaged them for you, be mindful of their workmanship. It is horrible!!!

Now you know why I like to take photos of PEOPLE besides the reno progress photographs?

acherly, the step-on rubber stoppers installed at the bottom of door will not really provide good friction onto ur smooth homo tiles, as the rubber feet will not "bite" onto the smooth floor. Initially i wanted my door installer to install one of these, but told me no point.....

maybe can consider those hydraulic autodoor closer mechanism to slow down the opening...

Edited by neubie