Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mae29

Extreme Makeover @ Pandan Gardens

Last Friday, X'mas eve, my boss gave us a lunch treat and I don't have time to go home to buy lunch for the chief tiler and his assistant. So, I ordered Pizza delivery for them.

When I went up at 5:00pm, they were just about to leave and chief tiler thank me for the pizza & greeted me Merry X'mas.

Here are the progress photographs taken last Friday:

Bedroom 3 flooring is done. Skirtings in Bedrooms are all done, except for LivingRoom, Dining and New Bedroom. They also clean up the floor before protecting with corrugated board.

grq4_3ad_uc4it.jpg

New Bedroom 4, floor is protected with corrugated board except for skirting area

grq4_bd9_uc4it.jpg

Master Bedroom, floor is immediately protected with corrugated board once flooring is done, before I start nagging :P

grq4_e94_uc4it.jpg

Master Bedroom with skirting done...

grq4_5a9_uc4it.jpg

Edited by mae29

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Progress photographs taken today:

I was greeted by these 'black worms' dangling from the ceilings...4th day of electrical installations since my electrician and his nephew started last Wednesday......you can imagine the numbers of electrical points and wiring needed for my extreme makeover plan! ;)

grq4_055_uc4it.jpg

Besides the electrician and his assistant, there are other 5 workers including Ah Lim and Chief Tiler busy working at my place today.

Interface between Dining and Kitchen Foyer tiles....

grq4_312_uc4it.jpg

One worker is seen at Master Toilet touching up the base tiles at shower bay. Noticed the PVC pipes? I don't think I want to conceal these pipes as it makes the small shower area looks 'cramped'.

grq4_61f_uc4it.jpg

The shelves for shampoo at Common Bathroom.....

grq4_c30_uc4it.jpg

View from the side entrance...although 2 bangla workers have cleared the debris this morning, but the place is still messy...

grq4_6ea_uc4it.jpg

Finally complete the masonry wet works (floor & wall tiles).

Progress photographs:

Shampoo shelves at Master Bath/Toilet

grq4_237_uc4it.jpg

The wall tiles at common bathroom which was rejected earlier:

grq4_5ef_uc4it.jpg

Electrical Installation : The 2-Pin friendly wall sockets which I requested the Electrician to buy & install for whole house.

grq4_d4c_uc4it.jpg

Covered wall socket for washing machine at Balcony area:

grq4_2bd_uc4it.jpg

Last evening, the plaster guy came to upload the materials for plastering. Plastering will start this morning and will take 3-4 days to complete the whole house.

Edited by mae29

:thumbs up: Good Workmanship :thumbs up:

Hi, CoffeeMan

I guess my ID will be happy to see our praises for the workmanship for now. Let's hope this standard is maintained, else I won't hesitate to shoot out here!! ;)

Progress photographs:

Plastering in progress....2 guys were seen working on wall plastering when I went up at about 3:30pm yesterday.

Also seen in the first picture, in white shirt, is my ID, Donny, who will visit the site whenever there is a new task being carried out.

wy6k_bec_uc4it.jpg

13ef_43c_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs:

Asia Excel delivered the first lot of accessories - rain shower set, WC bowl, towel racks, etc. The delivery man and service staff are very polite and they help opened all boxes for me to check.

I ordered only one set of Rain shower, as ID said my dream of having the rain shower for my master bathroom could be shattered due to overhead beam!!

grq4_f5c_uc4it.jpg

grq4_2d0_uc4it.jpg

grq4_956_uc4it.jpg

grq4_9bf_uc4it.jpg

Progress photographs:

Asia Excel delivered the first lot of accessories - rain shower set, WC bowl, towel racks, etc. The delivery man and service staff are very polite and they help opened all boxes for me to check.

I ordered only one set of Rain shower, as ID said my dream of having the rain shower for my master bathroom could be shattered due to overhead beam!!

hi mae29,

i bot my miixers and taps from GROHE @ IMM which is also operated by asia excel..just next door...i think their stuffs are of good quality...

cheers~!

oinkoink

hi mae29,

i bot my miixers and taps from GROHE @ IMM which is also operated by asia excel..just next door...i think their stuffs are of good quality...

cheers~!

oinkoink

Hi, oinkoink

Thank you for visiting my blog. I never thought of buying any specific brands for taps & mixers. Just shop around at Poh Joo & Asia Excel and eventually choose a design that is 'pleasing' to my eyes and match with the rest of accessories (like shower set) and towel rack (same design range).

The most expensive item is the sink mixer at kitchen, brand is IXISS, cost me $299 after discount. ;)

Total damage for 90% of kitchen & toilet accessories bought at Asia Excel is $2,840 after discount.

Items still pending are:

- one basin set for Master bathroom (can't decide which one to buy....either urgly or out of stock for the design I want. Also do not want to have the same design as common bathroom. Headache!!! :(

- one mixer for the above basin

- one shower set at Poh Joo which comes with the light effect for common bathroom.

The shower set delivered by Asia Excel is meant for my master bathroom. If my dream is shattered, then this set will be mounted at the common bathroom. Waiting for the plumber to come next Tuesday & advise me.....die-die argue with ID to try mounting first :(

Hi, CoffeeMan

I guess my ID will be happy to see our praises for the workmanship for now. Let's hope this standard is maintained, else I won't hesitate to shoot out here!! ;)

I think they will maintain the standard after that artillery bombardment :D

The shower set delivered by Asia Excel is meant for my master bathroom. If my dream is shattered, then this set will be mounted at the common bathroom. Waiting for the plumber to come next Tuesday & advise me.....die-die argue with ID to try mounting first :(

Is the beam causing the water pressure to drop?? If yes, how about installing a booster pump to get the desired water pressure for your rain shower :)

Is the beam causing the water pressure to drop?? If yes, how about installing a booster pump to get the desired water pressure for your rain shower :)

Not the pressure problem, it is because the shower set has to mount below the beam and not high enough to enjoy the 'raining' effect.

I am now using my iPhone to update this. Let me log in to my pc tmr and upload the picture to show you how the beam shattered my dream. :(

Edited by mae29

I was at Sg Kadut today spending over 3 hours walking alone at International Furniture Park starting from Castilla outlets to IFC.

Managed to find a set of sofa which meets my taste. Actually not exactly considered a full complete set of sofa; my small living room cannot accommodate huge bulky sofas, especially those European brand. So, what I bought is only a half set of sofa from Mode Studio.

Today, after pondering for weeks, decided to change the main door and side door. Total damage for half hour fire-rated doors is $1350 & $900 respectively. I got the deal directly with the door manufacturer and paid a few hundreds bucks more to match the design of the 4 bedroom doors.

It took me so looonng to decide as friends and Kay-poh neighbours had dissuaded me from changing these HDB original doors claiming their superior quality! It makes my heartache for so many weeks but when you are spending over $70k for reno, accessories, Aircon, lightings, etc, these $2k extra is worth spending since these doors had been used by former 4 house owners! So, no point of keeping the Old doors when I have practically changed everything in the house from floors to ceilings, and windows.

I think they will maintain the standard after that artillery bombardment :D

My ID knows my expectations and he is also very particular on quality & workmanship. He is really someone who takes pride in his work. That's why you see him coming to site to check & monitor the progress himself.

On New Year Day, 1.1.11, when I thought I could take a good break, my ID and carpenter came to take measurements and I was also required to be present to confirm the laminates. Sighzzz...got to stop my shopping spree and it was pouring heavily while waiting for taxi at Vivo City to Pandan Gardens.

Edited by mae29