Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Sorry to hijack your thread kim, but I have a noob question.

Do the electronics sold online come with international warranty?

If not, what happens if the items arrive damaged or not working?

And I need recommendation for a audio system please..

I'm looking for a 5.1 system for the living room, together with an amplifier.

The reason is cos I visited my friend who has this set up and I thought it was not bad.

I like to have the surround sound effect when watching movies. :)

I think he got the whole set up for 1.8k from Harvey Norman. Not very high end but I think it is good enough.

Was thinking I can probably find something similar but cheaper on Amazon?

I have budget constrain so a penny saved is a penny earned! :)

I'm a noob in such area so all suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry to hijack your thread kim, but I have a noob question.

Do the electronics sold online come with international warranty?

If not, what happens if the items arrive damaged or not working?

And I need recommendation for a audio system please..

I'm looking for a 5.1 system for the living room, together with an amplifier.

The reason is cos I visited my friend who has this set up and I thought it was not bad.

I like to have the surround sound effect when watching movies. :)

I think he got the whole set up for 1.8k from Harvey Norman. Not very high end but I think it is good enough.

Was thinking I can probably find something similar but cheaper on Amazon?

I have budget constrain so a penny saved is a penny earned! :)

I'm a noob in such area so all suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks!

Normally online stuff no international warranty. If damaged, u have to ship back to country u bought from.

That's a big risk u have to take.

If u thinking of amazon for 5.1 system, take note that it is in 110v and Singapore is in 220/230V. U need to buy additional transformer. I read somewhere a few people are interested in Mirage brand of 5.1 surround speaker system as it cost more than $2K in Harvey Norman but it cost only USD$500 in Amazon. But I'm not sure if they bought it or not. Maybe u can try searching this forum or some other forum, e.g. hardwarezone.

Did u tried soundbar? That time I was almost decided on the Yamaha sound bar and then the Akitimate come along.. hee...

U should go try to test the soundbar. Quite good too... And Missus will be happy too... haa...

[涵音]Woo Audio HPS-R 铝合金耳机架 原装正品 现货

cheapest is rmb790 :jawdrop: so far haven't seen a cheong one, this style...if u r looking for an aluminium one, i thot this one not bad...search term is "耳机架 铝合金"...

冲4钻 包邮 铝合金立式耳机支架 耳机架 AKG ISK 得胜 耳机架

T2GaKTXXNaXXXXXXXX_!!82962106.jpg

also got kim's wooden one but in aluminium too...

this one not bad too...

T2xTXIXn8cXXXXXXXX_!!820574822.jpg

wah say, this oneis seriously cool ! :jawdrop::dribble:

T1FiHWXlXdXXb3BpZ__104950.jpg_310x310.jpg

Edited by dragonnite

Wa... More ex in TB!! But it the original stuff. Can't find the look alike though.

[涵音]Woo Audio HPS-T 铝合金耳机架 原装正品现货

Some other stand in TB.

T1AO8YXfthXXchqxQT_012153.jpg_310x310.jpg

T1TkUcXlXbXXaygOo5_055937.jpg_210x210.jpg Still think this one the niceest

Edited by kim76

Wa... More ex in TB!! But it the original stuff. Can't find the look alike though.

[涵音]Woo Audio HPS-T 铝合金耳机架 原装正品现货

Some other stand in TB.

T1AO8YXfthXXchqxQT_012153.jpg_310x310.jpg

T1TkUcXlXbXXaygOo5_055937.jpg_210x210.jpg Still think this one the niceest

i bought the wooden one n delivered to me before cny....total damage is abt 35 inclusive shipping..

i bought the wooden one n delivered to me before cny....total damage is abt 35 inclusive shipping..

From TB too? Look as good as in the photo? :dribble: :dribble:

From TB too? Look as good as in the photo? :dribble: :dribble:

yup from tb... ya close...the colour of the wood is lighter than in pic....other than that nothing to complain...

Normally online stuff no international warranty. If damaged, u have to ship back to country u bought from.

That's a big risk u have to take.

If u thinking of amazon for 5.1 system, take note that it is in 110v and Singapore is in 220/230V. U need to buy additional transformer. I read somewhere a few people are interested in Mirage brand of 5.1 surround speaker system as it cost more than $2K in Harvey Norman but it cost only USD$500 in Amazon. But I'm not sure if they bought it or not. Maybe u can try searching this forum or some other forum, e.g. hardwarezone.

Did u tried soundbar? That time I was almost decided on the Yamaha sound bar and then the Akitimate come along.. hee...

U should go try to test the soundbar. Quite good too... And Missus will be happy too... haa...

Hahaha! Sound bar is compact and cool bur from what I know, it works optimally when there are walls for the sound waves to bounce?

Too bad my place will not have any walls for them to bounce :dancingqueen: except for a balcony door at one side.

Are all electronics in USA 110v? I saw many threads on Vornado fans and transformers :D

Edited by beejeebee

yup from tb... ya close...the colour of the wood is lighter than in pic....other than that nothing to complain...

Cool. Thanks... Put in my wishlist first! :dribble: :dribble:

Hahaha! Sound bar is compact and cool bur from what I know, it works optimally when there are walls for the sound waves to bounce?

Too bad my place will not have any walls for them to bounce :dancingqueen: except for a balcony wall at one side.

Are all electronics in USA 110v? I saw many threads on Vornado fans and transformers :D

Ya. got walls is the best.

All electronics in USA have to be in 110v. Unless u find those big brands that can switch from 110-230v. I got my Braun shaver from Amazon. It is 110-230v.. :sport-smiley-004:

I got my sis to help me buy this from TB since she is in Shanghai. I scare this is too fragile to be handled by 65diagou.

I wanted to find a big glass piggy bank to put in the living room. Can't find a big one. But this look pretty cute.

I think will look good with the $1 gold coins... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

MX金猪存钱罐 招财透明储蓄罐玻璃只进不出存钱罐 创意礼物

T1cDcFXg0fXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x310.jpg

Below is the actual product shots my sis whatsapp me just now. :dribble:

The packing.

img3200we.jpg

The front shot

img3202w.jpg

The backside shot (still got a little cute tail) :sport-smiley-004:

img3201rv.jpg

Nice piggy bank.

Just checking if anyone has idea of where to get a large piggy shape coin bank?

Encounter something disgusting yesterday.

My bedroom was having this weird smell coming from the aircon everytime I on the ac. But after a while it will disappear. So yesterday after I reach home from work, I decided to clean the filter. Mine is starmex so I do what Jack Neo did. Open the cover, lift up the filter latch and pull out the 2 filters. Ok. a bit dusty. But then the smell is still very strong coming from the coil. Don't tell me something die inside?? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

So I do the next step. Unlatch the 2 sweeping fins and directional fin and OMG!!! I saw mould on the blower :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Big pieces of mould!! I was too shock to take any photos.

So I start to use vacuum to suck out the mould. Not sucessful. The mould is stubborn. It is growing throughout the blower blade and I will have a hard time to reach the mould. I use the handle of a coffee spoon, cover it with a microfibre cloth, spray with some cleaning solution and wipe each blade by each blade. It was very tedious but at least I can get rid of most of the mould. But I was not satisfied, I wanna to kill them all!!! :bleah: :bleah: So I went Home-DIY to get this

3in1%20aircon%20cleaner.jpg

The instruction is to spray into the fins, let it dry for 10 mins then on the ac to let the dirt and mould drain off. I spray quite a lot. Maybe half a can... :bleah: :bleah: The smell is very strong. Make sure you open up all your windows and on the fans. Last night there is not more smell left. I will monitor these few days.

Anyone got same problem with ac? How do you all solve it? The strange thing is it only happen in the bedroom, not wiw and studyroom.... :dunno: :dunno:

Encounter something disgusting yesterday.

My bedroom was having this weird smell coming from the aircon everytime I on the ac. But after a while it will disappear. So yesterday after I reach home from work, I decided to clean the filter. Mine is starmex so I do what Jack Neo did. Open the cover, lift up the filter latch and pull out the 2 filters. Ok. a bit dusty. But then the smell is still very strong coming from the coil. Don't tell me something die inside?? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

So I do the next step. Unlatch the 2 sweeping fins and directional fin and OMG!!! I saw mould on the blower :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Big pieces of mould!! I was too shock to take any photos.

So I start to use vacuum to suck out the mould. Not sucessful. The mould is stubborn. It is growing throughout the blower blade and I will have a hard time to reach the mould. I use the handle of a coffee spoon, cover it with a microfibre cloth, spray with some cleaning solution and wipe each blade by each blade. It was very tedious but at least I can get rid of most of the mould. But I was not satisfied, I wanna to kill them all!!! :bleah: :bleah: So I went Home-DIY to get this

3in1%20aircon%20cleaner.jpg

The instruction is to spray into the fins, let it dry for 10 mins then on the ac to let the dirt and mould drain off. I spray quite a lot. Maybe half a can... :bleah: :bleah: The smell is very strong. Make sure you open up all your windows and on the fans. Last night there is not more smell left. I will monitor these few days.

Anyone got same problem with ac? How do you all solve it? The strange thing is it only happen in the bedroom, not wiw and studyroom.... :dunno: :dunno:

time to activate ur warranty get starmex come down to inspect n answer.

time to activate ur warranty get starmex come down to inspect n answer.

Does mould cover under warranty? They might said that the room is humid that y it is mouldy... :dunno: