Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poppytree

Life Story Versus Life Storey

Dear all forumers,

I would like to bring your attention to a shop "Life Story" that advertise on the straits Time every Saturday. This shop is not related to the famous Life Storey. It is owned by the same boss of another furniture shop RIO Essential that had closed down last year. The boss of RIO took my deposit of $2k and the shop closed down prior to delivery. I went to CASE and subsequently to Small Claim but to no avail cos the shop had wind up. I also understand that there are many other victims like me. Please do not go to this shop cos the boss is so irresponsible and he might repeat his old act again. This is what happen to Kay See Thiam (owned by the same boss as Bernini and The Orange). Took people's deposit and closed down the shop.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi poppytree,

sorry to hear wat has happened.

I came across Life Story advertisement in ST and i went down to take a look.

Very nice designs and layout indeed.Almost wanted to order the sofa from them but because i have nt decide on the house colour theme yet so i didnt place any from them.

Then recently I saw an advertisment on Life Storey. Split moment i thought its the same company but i see the address again.Its totally different. Could it be an imitation?

Did u manage to claim back 2k? why these people so despicable? take away people hard earn money!! 8|

Hi poppytree,

sorry to hear wat has happened.

I came across Life Story advertisement in ST and i went down to take a look.

Very nice designs and layout indeed.Almost wanted to order the sofa from them but because i have nt decide on the house colour theme yet so i didnt place any from them.

Then recently I saw an advertisment on Life Storey. Split moment i thought its the same company but i see the address again.Its totally different. Could it be an imitation?

Did u manage to claim back 2k? why these people so despicable? take away people hard earn money!! 8|

It's an imitation. Wonder why Life Storey didn't stop them from tarnishing its good name. Didn't get back my $2k at all. Both company are seperate entity so I can't do anything. :furious:

It's an imitation. Wonder why Life Storey didn't stop them from tarnishing its good name. Didn't get back my $2k at all. Both company are seperate entity so I can't do anything. :furious:

Obviously, this company is using other company's reputation to attract Life Storey's customers, this is not a right way to increase sales , they should come up with their own style and marketing tools . It is not a honest company.

I don't think the real Lifestorey can do anything because it is a different spelling. Customers just need to make sure they KNOW it's a different company altogether.

Btw the lights at Life Storey are nice but so ex. Anyone knows where to get them cheaper?

Are you referring to the designer lamps? If so, Lush sells good designer copies. E.g. Lush also sells the Kartell Bourgie lamp at about $300. The original cost about $600 onwards.

Are you referring to the designer lamps? If so, Lush sells good designer copies. E.g. Lush also sells the Kartell Bourgie lamp at about $300. The original cost about $600 onwards.

Yep. Wow even then 300 is abit too much for my wallet to tahan. :bangwall:

Yep. Wow even then 300 is abit too much for my wallet to tahan. :bangwall:

Hehe. Then you'd have to source for other lamps then :)

Dear all forumers,

I would like to bring your attention to a shop "Life Story" that advertise on the straits Time every Saturday. This shop is not related to the famous Life Storey. It is owned by the same boss of another furniture shop RIO Essential that had closed down last year. The boss of RIO took my deposit of $2k and the shop closed down prior to delivery. I went to CASE and subsequently to Small Claim but to no avail cos the shop had wind up. I also understand that there are many other victims like me. Please do not go to this shop cos the boss is so irresponsible and he might repeat his old act again. This is what happen to Kay See Thiam (owned by the same boss as Bernini and The Orange). Took people's deposit and closed down the shop.

Hi all,

I also had a very bad experience with the fake shop "Life Story"! Unfortunately for me, I only saw poppytree's post AFTER I bought something from them, and true enough, this shop is really bad!

First, they delay the delivery date a couple of times (reason being they are waiting for the furniture to come in from China). Then when the delivery finally came, the model was wrong, and the worse thing is the furniture delivered was mouldy and dirty!! When I call them to ask for refund, the boss's attitude was unprofessional and rude!! :curse:

Anyway, do be careful and do not buy from this "Life Story"!!

Do not see the Life Story advert anymore in papers, but there is now a Living Story, same co?

Do not see the Life Story advert anymore in papers, but there is now a Living Story, same co?

Aiyoh. So many of these companies riding on the coat-tails of the "real" Lifestorey. It's terrible when they try and hoodwink customers by using a very similar name! :furious:

Yes. They have changed their name to Living Story, selling the exact items. Well luckily (well I am TinyEyes's husband) quickly told them to deliver our items (a dinning table and the $399 coffee table) to us. The quality of the items are really no bad, but just that their attitude are far from satisfactory. Really advise is not to purchase from them to save you more misery.

Cheers.