Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cannotisit

3i Corner Unit @ Telok Blangah Crescent

Hello everybody,

After lurking ard the forum for the past few months and drooling @ all your marvelous home transformation, it's my turn to contribute. First a bit on our story, my wife and I rom in Jan 2005, started balloting for new units after my wife got her PR in Jan 2006.

I remember my first BTO was in Jurong West near the current Pioneer MRT, we got some lousy number is the thousands. We try again with the new flats near Tiong Bahru MRT again, we got lousy number, to cut the story short after countless of BE & BTO, finally give up and decided to look for resale units in end of feb this year.

We managed to find our dream home after only 1 week of searching. :D , it's a quiet estate within the city.

Attached below is my floorplan:

floor_plan.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the "club" of sharing and discussion!! :)

Yes, do update with more photos soon. ;)

Some pictures of bedroom 2 (the bigger room)...

Bedroom 2 windows view:

bedrm2windows.jpg

Bedroom 2 light:

bedrm2lights.jpg

Bedroom 2 old aircon:

bedrm2-1.jpg

Found a crack :o on the wall next to the mirror:

bedrm2_crack.jpg

Anyone knows what cause this crack?

Found another defect on the floor tiles, near the windows:

bedrm2_floorcrack.jpg

Thinking of laminating the bedrooms floor to cover the crack.

Due to budget constraint and not to rely on bank loan for renovation (cos my wife & I are both thinking of studying using study loan, dun want to stress too much on our pocket), below is the scope of work to be done:

1. hack & redo top kitchen cabinet w soft closing.

2. remove L-box and fan in living room, replace by simple cornise

3. redo bedroom 2 and living room windows grille.

4. redo some lighting points + add scv point and replace both bedrooms downlights

5. replace wc and basin in shower

total damage:$4.5k

Everything should be completed within 2 weeks

I would love to do a L-shaped kitchen but that would cost us ard $5k more to hack & redo bottom cabinet and relay wall & floor tiles :dribble:

Option 1 - Below is my design of a L-shaped kitchen:

L-shapedkitchen.jpg

* the white table besides the living room windows is my alter

Option 2 - Kitchen remains, alter is place beside tv console

Clipboard01.jpg

Option 3 - Alter place near kitchen entrance

Clipboard02.jpg

My friend advise my to place the alter near the kitchen entrance as it's facing the windows, he says it's beside if my Guan Ying face west. If I place the alter near the living room windows it's best not to sleep in the room behind. :dunno:

Please advise on the 3 designs, trying to max. the space if my alter is place near the kitchen entrance. :help:

Many thanks in advance

preciousjam/ skyblue/ pinkpetter/ guy77,

thks was really happy when we finally got the keys! waited 8 weeks for the 2nd appt.

fiction,

ya, it's very windy and we love the view very much. my wife was super happy with the view & location

rondy,

valued @ 305k, we got it for 302k. we'll be replacing the fan with light cos i find the celling very low, i reach my hands can touch the fan liao. got bad experience with fans cos during my sec sch days one of the fans in my classroom dropped lucky nobody is injured.

wahhh $300K for 3 room, not cheap hor?

As for the options, personally I prefer the alter location in option 3

central area lei!its this price lor.

by the way,is this place will be near the future MRT station?For option 1,is ok.

but washine machine got piping,so its better that stove and sink place swap.

yah lah i know that area prime area, but still heartpain the money for him/her mah.. I remember when i buy my first flat direct from HDB it was only $190K for a 5room. but of course the location more ulu lah. it was at where originally cannotisit wanna get, near to pioneer MRT station.

anyway telok blangah is a nice place.