Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mylica

First Home In Compassvale, Near Buangkok Mrt

Hi All,

Been a good reader in this forums, especially samgalz and banned t-blogs. Decided to start my own blog even the renovation is not much. No wet work (HDB don't allow me to hack toilet, but they will hack for me and lay tiles for free).

First appointment..., i forgot liao. Second appointment was 5 August. Overall is smooth, as nobody staying in the unit since we OTP.

Story of HDB hunting:

1. We start looking somewhere in February. Wife dislike old type flat and prefer new one with full window in living room eventhough it is smaller.

2. Finally we set the location that it must be near buangkok MRT

3. The first few flat that we look were all nice, but the price and COV....... :bangwall:

4. I feel like people just bid like buying peanut. I were not dare enough to commit

5. After 2 months of looking, finally i decided just to chiong, as the price is not going down.

6. OTP somewhere in April and I got the key on 5 of August.

Story of ID/Contractor hunting:

1. After some time browsing internet, i found renotalk. Feel so happy about it, especially when i read t-blogs (samgalz and banned t blogs are the one i follow closely) :D

2. In this forums, i got to know many contractor and ID, so i started to search after my first appointment.

3. I only met 5 ID only, as I feel meeting more will make me more confuse and in the end we might distracted by unimportant factors

4. Finally decided DX interior (this is not a recommendation, i will only recommend once i see his final work in my unit)

5. Start of work 17 August, HO around mid-end of september

Scope of renovation:

1. Kitchen Cabinet

2. MBR wardrobe

3. Feature wall

4. Kitchen door

5. Toilet tiles (wall and floor) by HDB. FOC

I will try to update my boguht items this weekend

ID/Contractor : DX Interior

Floor Plan:

layout.jpg

Edited by mylica

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi All,

Been a good reader in this forums, especially samgalz and banned t-blogs. Decided to start my own blog even the renovation is not much. No wet work (HDB down allow me to hack toilet, but they will hack for me and lay tiles for free).

First appointment..., i forgot liao. Second appointment was 5 August. Overall is smooth, as nobody staying in the unit since we OTP.

Scope of renovation:

1. Kitchen Cabinet

2. MBR wardrobe

3. Feature wall

4. Kitchen door

5. Toilet tiles (wall and floor) by HDB. FOC

ID/Contractor : DX Interior

Will update picture from home.

Yoz yoz!! Welcome welcome~~~

Hmm didnt know my blog got ppl read sia.. hahaha.. no much infomation too since cannot start until Oct..

Anyway wish u a successful and hassle free reno~ :yamseng:

Yoz yoz!! Welcome welcome~~~

Hmm didnt know my blog got ppl read sia.. hahaha.. no much infomation too since cannot start until Oct..

Anyway wish u a successful and hassle free reno~ :yamseng:

:). Your blog is where i go to relief stress.

welcome welcome! another DX family member! :D

Thanks for the info on Songcho. I saw that one. +200 bucks, :bangwall:

Samgalz, i went to GR link, i dont see much of items. Who is the boss? Seems need to ask for cataloque.

Choosing kitchen sink and tap only so confusing. Is ur sink undermount? Edmuns said, undermount nicer but if sink spoil, need to lift up solid top to change the sink.

Thanks for the info on Songcho. I saw that one. +200 bucks, :bangwall:

Samgalz, i went to GR link, i dont see much of items. Who is the boss? Seems need to ask for cataloque.

Choosing kitchen sink and tap only so confusing. Is ur sink undermount? Edmuns said, undermount nicer but if sink spoil, need to lift up solid top to change the sink.

welcom, mylica!

me not Samgalz, but still kaypoh

e

GR link boss benny and lady boss Jasmine, both very nice and patient. Can ask them anything, they will be happy to explain. Did not know they go by catalogue sale? Because we just pick from the range displayed. Not alot, but enough for us to make a choice.

yes, GR link only hv benny and jasmine. they are very helpful, if u dun find what u want on display can ask them. they might have something to show u. like my glass bowl, initially we were looking at her catalogue to find one which match our requirement. my waterfall tap was also not on display, i asked jasmine cos i saw it somewhere. then she go take out to show me.

yup yup, benny n jasmine r very helpful. Price is quite gd, n even delivery is on time, organized and hassle free! really hard to find ppl like them that treat cust like their frenz. even their delivery guy is polite. lol..

yup yup, benny n jasmine r very helpful. Price is quite gd, n even delivery is on time, organized and hassle free! really hard to find ppl like them that treat cust like their frenz. even their delivery guy is polite. lol..

Will check them again this saturday. Fernvale is near to my place. Soo many sengkang people here. :rolleyes: