Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frigginfuchsia

Stepping Back In Time

Hi Everyone, It's finally our turn to keep a digital diary/report of our journey bk into the 1950s with a touch of forgotten industrialism.

Here's a little background on us which we hope to reflect in our new home.

Nope we are born in the 1950s but we pretty much appreciate the design and furnishing of that era.

He's a commercial photographer, am a commercial food stylist.

He's into mountain biking, am into mountain biking too + a vintage item lover + esp vintage blythe dolls.

He's style is more industrial, my style evolves around the simplicity and ergomatic design of the 1950s Scandinavia.

As we both believe in the sustainability of materials, we try to use recycled and up-cycled material.

Am still trying to figure out how to upload pictures via a flickr acc as my multiple tries have failed. Until then, here are the first 2 links as an opener to our journey

layout.jpg

living_room.jpg

*finally used another img host

Edited by frigginfuchsia

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

weird.. try to help you load photos here, but cannot. :(

saw this error (You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. )

weird.. try to help you load photos here, but cannot. :(

saw this error (You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. )

Hi footprint, thanks for trying to help. I think the problem lies in the given flickr link not having a .jpg extentsion (this is if my mouldy web knowledge serves me well.)

I've now migrated my images to photobucket for uploads here.

Welcome to RT!

Always loved retro-styled apartments. And from a couple who are both in the creative industry at that... looking forward to loads of cool pics, ideas and quirky buys. :dancingqueen:

Welcome to RT!

Always loved retro-styled apartments. And from a couple who are both in the creative industry at that... looking forward to loads of cool pics, ideas and quirky buys. :dancingqueen:

Hi Adidaem, thanks for the Welcome

It's been tricky looking for vintage fixtures right now... Thankfully we've at least found the old school 'nipple' switches for our lights. Lighting has been the most painful to tackle so far....

Day 1

It's finally begun... today was the 1st day of hacking. Going down are....

1. store room

2. 2 walls at the entrance of the kitchen

3. wall between 2 common rooms for the relocation of the storeroom

4. Half of the toilet wall in Master bedroom

Here are more boring pictures of the rest of the apartment.

bedrooms.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Edited by frigginfuchsia

Hi Adidaem, thanks for the Welcome

It's been tricky looking for vintage fixtures right now... Thankfully we've at least found the old school 'nipple' switches for our lights. Lighting has been the most painful to tackle so far....

I heard Lorgan's is quite good, but haven't been there.

Space is having their 10/10 offers... perhaps some of the offers may fit in the era you are aiming for (and if you have sufficiently deep pockets)? :D The wishbone chairs are going for S$1,100 vs the usual $1,950 this week.

Good luck!

I heard Lorgan's is quite good, but haven't been there.

Space is having their 10/10 offers... perhaps some of the offers may fit in the era you are aiming for (and if you have sufficiently deep pockets)? :D The wishbone chairs are going for S$1,100 vs the usual $1,950 this week.

Good luck!

thank you for the info :)

ohhhh yes.. we've been to Lorgan's :) we've fallen for some bar stools there that are reproductions... but am still hopeful in up-cycling some poor abandoned bar stools that wouldn't mind having a second lease of life....

Love the wishbone chairs but unfortunately our pockets aren't deep :(

On the positive note, I've a set of 15-20 year old scandinavian dining chairs that'll be living with us.

welcome to t-blog, your place is really going to be unique amongst all of us. all the best to a smooth as silk reno!

thank you for the info :)

ohhhh yes.. we've been to Lorgan's :) we've fallen for some bar stools there that are reproductions... but am still hopeful in up-cycling some poor abandoned bar stools that wouldn't mind having a second lease of life....

Love the wishbone chairs but unfortunately our pockets aren't deep :(

On the positive note, I've a set of 15-20 year old scandinavian dining chairs that'll be living with us.

Have you been to Lush as well? They also have quite a few reproductions.

Good luck with the hunt for pre-loved furniture! Do you have an idea of the type/design of lights that you want?

Btw one of my fav reno blog of all time is "See how Lieblingsg transforms his Tiong Bahru SIT Flat!". Paste the words inside the quotation marks into Google and you'll see get the link to another forum where Lieblingsg documented his reno process. :dribble: I still drool at his authentic Artichoke Lamp, amazing kitchen n high-tech windows...

Welcome to RT! Just the way the photos are presented already so unique! i am sure your reno and final product of your home will be equally if not more unique! :sport-smiley-004:

Half the wall of master bathroom? Clear glass? :notti::bath:

Welcome to RT! Just the way the photos are presented already so unique! i am sure your reno and final product of your home will be equally if not more unique! :sport-smiley-004:

Half the wall of master bathroom? Clear glass? :notti::bath:

Hi hi... thanks for dropping by... yeah.. a half glass wall as we feel that the master bedroom kind feels a little so constrained right now. and lol... yes clear glass... when we suggested frosted, our ID replied "what's the point?" so we thought... why not... we cld always install blinds, rollers etc from the outside in future :)

Hi hi... thanks for dropping by... yeah.. a half glass wall as we feel that the master bedroom kind feels a little so constrained right now. and lol... yes clear glass... when we suggested frosted, our ID replied "what's the point?" so we thought... why not... we cld always install blinds, rollers etc from the outside in future :)

Very daring! realised a lot on RT are very daring lots!! hahahaha..... :dribble:

Last post for the night...

Here's the moodboard for the kitchen.

*prays to the renovation God that it'll be achieved* :P

moodboard.jpg

To date the purchases for the kitchen are:

1. Blomberg refrigerator

2. Smeg chimney hood

3. Smeg hob

*second prayer to renovation God to bless my pockets* :bow:

Edited by frigginfuchsia

Very daring! realised a lot on RT are very daring lots!! hahahaha..... :dribble:

I think you are pretty daring and adventurous in yr own right :) lovely bright, bold colours used... and lurve yr kitchen... do you cook a lot?