Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frigginfuchsia

Stepping Back In Time

Hi everyone,

It's been a week since the reno. started. To date (approx 5 days), the walls that were meant to be hacked has come down:- 2 from the kitchen, 1/2 of the master bedroom's toilet wall, & one of the room's wall for the storeroom relocation.

The debris has been removed and works on the kitchen floor & toilets will begin today. Electrician has also removed all old wiring to make way for the new.

Here's a little visual update on how the kitchen is proposed to look. Will update a little more tonight.

Kitchen3d.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Glad to be of help! :yamseng:

Have you been to Grafunkt & Air Division? They have a few TV consoles n pieces that have a bit of a retro-feel to me...

Let me know if you have more than enough places to shop at k?

Think I've been rather poisoned by the retro "bug" ever since I saw Liebingsg's reno feature in Home n Decor. Since my new place has a clean minimalist look that both SO n I likes, so participating in your reno blog is prob the closest I can get to scratching that retro itch of mine. :P

Love your pics and moodboards so far. Can't wait to see the end-result of the reno. :sport-smiley-004:

Update:

Something like this for the kitchen?

Jahlv64mtxmlx9y.JPG

Hi! Yeah we went to Grafunkt over the weekend...

Good news is we finally got our TV side table from Lorgans (pix soon) and 2 eric stools too.... now we NEED TO STOP shopping till the apt is done....

and oh yes I got 2 1940s-50s bedside tables too... need to do a bit (okie oki... alot ) of DIY to them. FIngers crossed it turns out well.... ;p

My last home was the simple minimalist style.... this time it's gonna be quite different for me... excited!!!

wow. all u need now is to hang a milo tin with rubber bands and this:

Sideboard.jpg

hahahaa.. am not sure if that's a good or bad thing ;p

But yeah.. we're quite aware that quite a number of pple are wondering WT* my husband and I wanna go bk to the 1950s style of kitchen when most homes are goin for the slick style of furnishing...

I think I've been oggling too much at older european styles and the france style homes...

Think I'll start collect rubberbands from today on ;p

Ooh I love anyone with an inspiration board! Sometimes you'd be surprised how far away the end product will be like :) It's amusing to me because I have a 27-page inspiration book I collated and nothing in my home looks like it :lol:!

Love those lights you picked, I wanted one of them you chose as well but ended up with some quite different. Not regretting completely except the "soft warm" bulbs are too bright white for me and cannot be dimmed. Sucks.

Will be keeping an eye on your thread :)

- Ely

27 pages? woah.... so far my husband and I have been rather focused (shockingly) but u are right.. we'll see how far we stray ;p

Here's a pix of an upcoming DIY I need to complete... good luck to me sanding these little babies!

bedsidetable.jpg

If there's decent veneer/wood underneath that layer of lacquer, you might want to consider oiling them (see link) instead of varnishing them to bring out the wood grains. All the best with your DIY project!

My last home was the simple minimalist style.... this time it's gonna be quite different for me... excited!!!

Oh, mind sharing what your prev place lookes like? :)

Here's a pix of an upcoming DIY I need to complete... good luck to me sanding these little babies!

bedsidetable.jpg

Think will look great when they are all prepped! All the best and looking forward to see how they'll turn out.

Btw mind to share your bar stools? I'm still looking for mine. Think we've kinda given up on getting the bar stools before we move in seeing as how we've been to so many places and not seen any that we like...

saw your 3d renderings of the cupboards, are the cabinet doors wire mesh to complete the 1950s look?

hi hi... sorry for my late reply... Yes our cabinet doors will be as u mentioned above :)

Oh, mind sharing what your prev place lookes like? :)

Think will look great when they are all prepped! All the best and looking forward to see how they'll turn out.

Btw mind to share your bar stools? I'm still looking for mine. Think we've kinda given up on getting the bar stools before we move in seeing as how we've been to so many places and not seen any that we like...

Hi Adidaem, am looking forward to working on our bedside tables soon, the husband just bought me an electric sander to make my life easier :sport-smiley-004:

As for yr question, the barstools we got are the erick buch style barstools. you can find a pix ref in the link i've posted.

http://4bars.com.au/web/2011/02/27/erik-buch-bar-stool/

hope yr reno to goin well!

Hi Adidaem, am looking forward to working on our bedside tables soon, the husband just bought me an electric sander to make my life easier :sport-smiley-004:

As for yr question, the barstools we got are the erick buch style barstools. you can find a pix ref in the link i've posted.

http://4bars.com.au/web/2011/02/27/erik-buch-bar-stool/

hope yr reno to goin well!

That's good! I read from blogs that it's really tiring to sand down stuff. :)

:) I think they are really nice. Mind PM me how much you got them for? I've been eyeing the Established & Sons Heidi stools but they are over the budget! :cry:

We are waiting for HDB to approve the walls to be hacked... fingers crossed no problems.

Btw I know you are supposed to stop shopping but just to share: :)

http://www.charm2nd.blogspot.com/

http://bymyoldschool.wordpress.com/

That's good! I read from blogs that it's really tiring to sand down stuff. :)

:) I think they are really nice. Mind PM me how much you got them for? I've been eyeing the Established & Sons Heidi stools but they are over the budget! :cry:

We are waiting for HDB to approve the walls to be hacked... fingers crossed no problems.

Btw I know you are supposed to stop shopping but just to share: :)

http://www.charm2nd.blogspot.com/

http://bymyoldschool.wordpress.com/

chk yr mailbox yar :)

and ohhhh lurve the Established & Sons Heidi stools !

Ps.. I forgot to reply ya in yr last post that the photos of my previous place is in my old com.... a tad inaccesible now.. but seriously.. it was a cookie cutter hse.. boring...

Mini slow update:

31st May

Kitchen31may.jpg

bedroom31may.jpg

I've finally started on my refurbishing proj on my dark stained 1940s, 1950s bedside table.

Thank goodness for the most romantic gift ever lol... a hand-held grinder ;p Would have gone cuckoo without it...

Bedside_table9june.jpg