Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
1000miles

Home @ Bukit Panjang

A return to renotalk after exercising the OTP for EA at Bukit Panjang. The last time was 5 year ago for my first house 4NG (92sqm) at Bedok North.

Firstly I would like to thanks eekenji cos many initial ideas were copy from hers and from there came the changes.

Thanks again to eekenji!

It was a series of event that led to us to get EA (132sqm), wasn't intended to get such big place in the first place.

First appointment is end of Oct 2012 and will only be getting keys on mid Dec 2012, hopefully can re-persuade seller to give earlier as the unit was already vacant.

Here is existing plan and the intended plan we want.

EA-existing-condition.JPG?et=BS4IIO7OvDL%2CA5XikAj0RA&nmid=616607782

EA-proposed-layout.JPG?et=IA6toNJu176VJLsgO0XOJA&nmid=616607782

Only kitchen, 2 bathrooms will have major renovation, Master bedroom and Study room will be adding wall.

Confirmed supplier & contractor:

Contractor: Acton Design (Re-engage Mr. Jeffrey Chew as we are satisfy with his work on our unit at Bedok and my sister-in-law's place)

Wardrobe contractor: OPSH (Signed during the expo fair)

Doors & screen glass supplier: Besglas (for their tempered and shatter proof glass)

Air Con supplier: Gain City

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The section view of what I have drawn.

The Kitchen layout

kitchen-cabinet-layout.JPG?et=tgqCc0MoAbAxotAFgeUUgw&nmid=616607782

Kitchen Sink

A single bowl type bought from Hupfarri Bath (Jalan Besar branch, the one without GST 7%)

Elkay-EC41406-sink-570x450x220.JPG?et=oCdw437zF2eRjqas1oZ1fw&nmid=616607782

New partition wall for Study Room

Study-Living-section-view.JPG?et=rH6Gsf9VD9CQ5KNkbK5%2B6Q&nmid=616607782

Shoe Cabinet for Foyer Section

Foyer-section-view.JPG?et=fmTIzNcN0fZmUSd%2CgLUB%2Bw&nmid=616607782

Study Room Layout

Study-Room-section-view.JPG?et=S%2Bvq6A8iHG%2B5EW26Ah%2Ci6A&nmid=616607782

A return to renotalk after exercising the OTP for EA at Bukit Panjang. The last time was 5 year ago for my first house 4NG (92sqm) at Bedok North.

Firstly I would like to thanks eekenji cos many initial ideas were copy from hers and from there came the changes.

Thanks again to eekenji!

It was a series of event that led to us to get EA (132sqm), wasn't intended to get such big place in the first place.

First appointment is end of Oct 2012 and will only be getting keys on mid Dec 2012, hopefully can re-persuade seller to give earlier as the unit was already vacant.

1000miles, your first post made me feel so paiseh .. I didn't give any ideas to you and overall, I also copied ideas from others. So, no need to mention about this : )

Your EA is big, and it was a new EA with bomb shelter ... your layout is quite similar to ours but yours are much bigger. We both sold our house in Bedok but you going to move to west and I going to move to further east .. How much you plan to do reno for your EA? Have your ID gave you the quotation? Anyway, you have budget .. hehe, lucky one.

If the unit already vacant, you can ask the owner to sign the authorization form so that you can start your reno first ... Good luck ~ :yamseng:

Nice drawing. Mind to share what software you used to do that?

Hi,

I use MS Excel & Word to draw, hence all to scale which allow me to know the dimension.

Hi 1000miles, we are in the same neigbhourhood ! Mine also an EA but at Teck Whye ! :) My reno will commence next week.

Nice meeting you and will be following your blog.

1000miles, your first post made me feel so paiseh .. I didn't give any ideas to you and overall, I also copied ideas from others. So, no need to mention about this : )

Your EA is big, and it was a new EA with bomb shelter ... your layout is quite similar to ours but yours are much bigger. We both sold our house in Bedok but you going to move to west and I going to move to further east .. How much you plan to do reno for your EA? Have your ID gave you the quotation? Anyway, you have budget .. hehe, lucky one.

If the unit already vacant, you can ask the owner to sign the authorization form so that you can start your reno first ... Good luck ~ :yamseng:

My budget for reno would be around 45k based on the work my contractor quote, Besglas doors & screens, SYS3 inverter, sanitary ware & sink only.

I'm doing the design by myself, my contractor will be following what I want based on the drawings I done. As he has done my current unit before, he know what I want. His quotation is also given discount hence I find others much higher. Budget have but Very tight cash flow, cos I buy first then sell 1 month later. Hehe

Met the seller yesterday in the 1st HDB appointment, good thing he allow non hacking work 1-2 weeks before 2nd appointment, hence would allow removal of kitchen cabinet to allow the measurement to be done early and fabricate early.

Great to hear your good news ... 45k is reasonable to renovate your house, ours also around this number ...

Laminates, tiles & solid surface

Finally confirm the laminates for my kitchen cabinet & Master bathroom cabinet. I chose the laminate at my contractor at evening time and the EDLEURO sent the sample next day afternoon, every efficient.

Kitchen floor tiles - cabinet laminate - solid surface

Kitchen-tile-cabinet.jpg?et=qp0Oyhdyznx0HhLTNwUGPA&nmid=616607782

Main bathroom floor tiles - cabinet laminate - solid surface

MBR-bathroom-tile-cabinet.jpg?et=e8KnH%2Bx%2CpvN12OIboc59ag&nmid=616607782

Wall tiles for all area

wall-tiles.jpg?et=IhZP55pBElx2LIcVnQ5MZA&nmid=616607782

Lighting

I was aiming for either IKEA pendant light or Philips pendant light for my dining table for past few weeks when I went to IKEA and COURTS to choose today.

In the end choose Philips pendant light of green colour which is less 30% at Courts.

Philips-Roomstylers-Suspension-Light-402423386.JPG?et=kn62grhscwRsiFq4C3Jl3w&nmid=616607782

Good news is my request for 2nd appointment is moved the earliest 5th week after 1st appointment. Will be getting key on 3rd Dec, hacking start on 4th Dec with seller assist in early applying hacking. :yamseng:

1000miles, the original condition looked quite good .. Looking forward to see your reno progress :dancingqueen:

Hi,

I use MS Excel & Word to draw, hence all to scale which allow me to know the dimension.

Hi 1000miles,

Didn't know MS Excel & Word can perform such tasks! Able to give some hints/tips on how exactly to do it? Would like to try it out if the learning curve is not too steep. Thanks in advance!

$45k for a resale EM reno is really very reasonable. Guess the good existing condition of the place helps!

Hi 1000miles,

Didn't know MS Excel & Word can perform such tasks! Able to give some hints/tips on how exactly to do it? Would like to try it out if the learning curve is not too steep. Thanks in advance!

$45k for a resale EM reno is really very reasonable. Guess the good existing condition of the place helps!

You can go to this link Section View in excel format and download to see.

Zoom to the maximum for editing.

I use Excel or more detail drawing in plan and section, while use Word for general plan.

Copy your HDB house plan from PDF and copy to Words, create a line same dimension as your HDB plan, resize to match it, then you can start do plan yoru furniture arrangement.

Hope this help. :good:

You can go to this link Section View in excel format and download to see.

Zoom to the maximum for editing.

I use Excel or more detail drawing in plan and section, while use Word for general plan.

Copy your HDB house plan from PDF and copy to Words, create a line same dimension as your HDB plan, resize to match it, then you can start do plan yoru furniture arrangement.

Hope this help. :good:

Ok, I know how it roughly works alr. Use the layout as a pic and then paste it into Excel. Zoom in to the max to add fixtures/furnishings! Changes wun be too complicated since not hacking much walls. Thanks so much!

Anyway, I have been staying in bukit panjang for almost my entire life. Love the quietness but guess it comes at an expense. The uluness and lack of amenities! Bus 190 is very very impt too unless you drive. =)