Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamgirl

Bathtub

Hi Forummers,

Thinking of having a bathtub in our master bathroom. Already imagine having a long soak after a hard day. !!

What're the cons of having one ? (Beside high water bill & cleaning, of course..)

Some says after few years usually water leak problem to unit below as condensation/vapour collected. Is this really true ?

Anyone has a bathtub care to share ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Bathroom, Oh...thats my only private area in the house.

My kids love them, sits 2 nicely playing toys in the tub.

I used them once a week when I had to sit down and scrub my feet.

Cannot bend down lah, maybe old liao.

Lie down sometimes after a tire day with warm towel on my face.

Water leakage, so far no problem.

Oh, only problem is my wife's hair, keep choking the drainage.

But it's only a 5 minutes job.

We bought a resale flat that came with bath tub. I wanted to get rid of it due to high water consumption. But wife says no because the kids will love it. So I gave in.

So now, once a week, I put my 2 elder kids into the bath tub once a week. They really enjoy it. After the bath, I will scoop out all the water and transfer to the kitchen toilet for alternate use. You can't imagine how much water it uses. I can easily fill up 5 pails when the tub is only half filled.

yup.. initially i wanted to get bathtub for my new place too.. but my mom strongly disagree cos 1) waste water.. 2) my bro slipped n hurt his back (at his place) .. n after i give some tots abt it.. it is more tiring than relaxing cos after the supposedly relaxed session i gotta wash the tub n then wipe dry (cos dun wan water marks) by then i'll b majiam hvn't bath all sweaty n tired again.. :bangwall:

Hi Forummers,

Thinking of having a bathtub in our master bathroom. Already imagine having a long soak after a hard day. :wub:

What're the cons of having one ? (Beside high water bill & cleaning, of course..)

Some says after few years usually water leak problem to unit below as condensation/vapour collected. Is this really true ?

Anyone has a bathtub care to share ?

i guess besides the water bill, cleaning, leaking.

aonther thing to note is the space that bathtub actually takes up. would u have enough space to shower or most of the time u be standing in the bathtub. i would actually fall asleep waiting for the tub to fill up. haha... it's a nice idea to have bath tub but i guess it's not practical. another thing is the safety aspect for elderly as well as kids. you never know when they'll play in it themselves. though most of the problems here could be solved by having a maid at home.

installed one bathtub.. but don really use to soak unless wash hair jus to enjoy a little water soak.. but that's for resting legs when tired.. so far quite happy having one.. :thumbs up:

Hi there,

if my bathroom length is 1.5m max. is it still possible to intall one in the mbr toilet..?

and also i it better to do a fixed bathtub or a portable bath tub if space is constrain...

plse help :sport-smiley-003:

there are always pro and cons.. u need to measure it urself.. 1.5m is enough to install a 1.4m length.. my is 1.83 using 1.7m tub..

depemds on u and ur partner height too

Hi there,

if my bathroom length is 1.5m max. is it still possible to intall one in the mbr toilet..?

and also i it better to do a fixed bathtub or a portable bath tub if space is constrain...

plse help !!

Have you considered the remaining space left after installing a bathtub? If the leftover space left is badly compromised, you may feel like your bathroom is lopsided with a huge bath fixture on one side. My current bathroom has a bath and a shower. In the past 7 years, I have only been inside my own long bath less than 10 times. Which is why I no longer have a long bath in my new house. But I still have a long bath in my children's bathroom. My children are still young, and they love being in the tub.