Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AtSuMi

Roman Blind Bracket Drill Onto False Ceiling, Is It Stable?

I went to JT at tanjong katong complex at level 1 to do my roman blind at my dining window...its a three window panel...choose material and was quoted s$430/- for the roman blind plus delivery and installation...the staff went to my hse to do the measurement and he informed that the hot and cold water pipe could be just above my dining window as such he recommended me that he will drill and install the bracket onto my false ceiling. I then asked him that im worried the drilling and the weight of the blind will spoil my false ceiling....but he told me tat he had done it to some other unit b4 and its safe and stable.....so im wondering whether wat he said its true?...have anyone install their curtain or blind in tat way?....the price of the roman blind...is it considered expensive?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Blinds should be ok. But usual disclaimers apply.

wat do you mean by usual disclaimers apply?...by the way its a 3 window panel and im using two set of blinds....can the false ceiling really carry tat weight? my ID told me tat it cant last long and soon the bracket will bend.....she suggest to install timber wood to support the bracket....have to pay for the installation....but JT staff told me to trust them as they been in the business for so many years...who do i listen now?.....ask hdb about the hidden pipes but they told me tat they dont know where it is...told me to ask my contractor...so sian

It means you didn't pay for the advice, so you can't hold anyone responsible if anything goes wrong. It also means you have no idea of the background or knowledge of anyone who posts any advice here, so caveat emptor.

Edited by waileong

It means you didn't pay for the advice, so you can't hold anyone responsible if anything goes wrong. It also means you have no idea of the background or knowledge of anyone who posts any advice here, so caveat emptor.

Aiyoh, better not lah. what happen the false ceiling collasp in time, binds drop down and kanna your head.

If you are not comfortable better don't do it else every day walk pass also have no clear state in mind.

i do not think false ceiling can take that weight. after u pull the blinds a few times yr false ceiling may crack. my false ceiling cracked after i pull down the down lights to change the bulb.

Edited by jt88

i do not think false ceiling can take that weight. after u pull the blinds a few times yr false ceiling may crack. my false ceiling cracked after i pull down the down lights to change the bulb.

The night mare occured. Ceiling falling down. End of the world!:dribble:!

To exagarate but it is true. A bind buys the whole false ceiling. Not worth the risk man.

The night mare occured. Ceiling falling down. End of the world!:bangwall:!

To exagarate but it is true. A bind buys the whole false ceiling. Not worth the risk man.

it was a slightly more than a hairline crack but visible to me. however, others willl not notice it. i did not exagerate to scare AtSuMi.

dun hang the blinds on the false ceiling,as it is not designed to 'tahan' the weight.

Edited by jt88

it was a slightly more than a hairline crack but visible to me. however, others willl not notice it. i did not exagerate to scare AtSuMi.

dun hang the blinds on the false ceiling,as it is not designed to 'tahan' the weight.

Tanxs for the inputs...appreciate it so much...already told JT staff to drill the blind bracket onto the wall....:dunno:...hopefully evrytin turns out well next week....:)