Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

M&e - Quintessentially Eclectic

we thou the enbloc will go thru, but knowing our neighbour.. all quite greedy, hence nvr go thru.. so me and my hb decided to stay and revamp the whole house.. timing also not that good, should do it after CNY, but no proper planning la.. haiz.. long story..

hopefully everything go smoothly...

Ooo...mafiawife, your townhouse exterior really looks lovely! Where is it? PM me can, kaypoh kaypoh also. haha..

So the enbloc deal didn't go thru, hmm.. but there still might be a chance of future enbloc leh...since it has been targeted before. If u do reno, then enbloc, wah! faint! then reno all wasted leh. u sure u wanna do? i suggest u better dun do too extensive reno and see what happens...just in case.

wow... mr low's suddenly upped the popularity stakes! hopefully you find his quote competitive against the others you've gotten! but no lah... shan't be shameless and ask him for a house warming gift :notti:

hehe...yeah, he suddenly upped the popularity stakes must thanks to your lovely house. :notti:

anyways, he is really a nice chap, i have to give him thumbs up for his patience! i think i'm not an easy customer and tend to be fickle minded. i must have amended and changed items more then 5 times already in the quotation. keke... and to think i have not even confirmed, he can be bothered to entertain me.

anyways, its a close 'fight' between him and another contractor. but pricing wise, he is not the lower. i met him today..and he gives me good vibes (hopefully until completion!) that he will be able to deliver to my expectations.

will keep ya updated if i do sign wif him ya! *wink*

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wow... mr low's suddenly upped the popularity stakes! hopefully you find his quote competitive against the others you've gotten! but no lah... shan't be shameless and ask him for a house warming gift !!

ooooh mafiawife - your place is so cool! I really dig the cottage/vintage vibe. good thing it didn't go en-bloc - it would be a real pity to have to shift into a run-of-the-mill landed home or condo.

and yes, I definitely love the styling of the pix you posted. do try to search for shabby chic items off ebay to go with the look. i purchased some as well (shipping was a bummer, but at least the items are unique). you can also try searching for vintage chandeliers or wrought iron chandeliers - perfect for the look you're aiming for. alternatively, the tord boontje garland lamp system would add quite a whimsical touch.

thanks tristesse 8| but hor... i want to enbloc! hahaha.. not now, another cycle.. then i will get the money go buy somewhere else and newer.. hehe.. human la.. always want new stuff..

ya i did! check under shabby chic on ebay, alot came out but alot of vendor also don send overseas. haiz.. let see how den..

Ooo...mafiawife, your townhouse exterior really looks lovely! Where is it? PM me can, kaypoh kaypoh also. haha..

So the enbloc deal didn't go thru, hmm.. but there still might be a chance of future enbloc leh...since it has been targeted before. If u do reno, then enbloc, wah! faint! then reno all wasted leh. u sure u wanna do? i suggest u better dun do too extensive reno and see what happens...just in case.

hehe...yeah, he suddenly upped the popularity stakes must thanks to your lovely house. :(

anyways, he is really a nice chap, i have to give him thumbs up for his patience! i think i'm not an easy customer and tend to be fickle minded. i must have amended and changed items more then 5 times already in the quotation. keke... and to think i have not even confirmed, he can be bothered to entertain me.

anyways, its a close 'fight' between him and another contractor. but pricing wise, he is not the lower. i met him today..and he gives me good vibes (hopefully until completion!) that he will be able to deliver to my expectations.

will keep ya updated if i do sign wif him ya! *wink*

phoenix,

ya, the enbloc didnt go thru :P cos my neighbours think the developer price tag abit low, and they find that now property so ex, and they afraid after accpecting the check they wouldnt be able to find the same size and location anymore, so bo lor.. haiz.. actually i really don mind to go enbloc and settle in a smaller place.. cos only me and my hb and ofcos my small little rescals! nvr mind la.. wait for next round lor.. 7 to 10 yrs mabe?? so have to go for extensive reno.. :dancingqueen:

i pmed u liao..

VINYL STICKERS UP

It's been a while and my excuse is that I'm still getting used to the routine (and household chores!) after moving in.

Before my t-blog fades into oblivion, here're some updated pix with our vinyl stickers up.

Plain walls no more as Blik's Iron Vines adorn our bedhead.

img0563vi3.jpg

The Golden Birds wall decals helped jazz up the wall at the upper storey landing.

img0567rn1.jpg

Our lounge gets a quirky touch with the Owl print cushions created from vintage fabric - lovingly sewn by my grandma.

img0565lx3.jpg

Our study - still missing a bookcase, drawer unit and an ergonomical chair. The cushion on the swivel chair is yet another creation by my grandma.

img0566ok7.jpg

I did a little photoshoot - this pix became the visual of the eInvite I created for our mini house warming.

img0577qj7.jpg

VINYL STICKERS UP

The Golden Birds wall decals helped jazz up the wall at the upper storey landing.

img0567rn1.jpg

this is beautiful :):dancingqueen:

did you do the installation yourself?

looks like a mighty big project :dancingqueen:

this is beautiful :):dancingqueen:

did you do the installation yourself?

looks like a mighty big project :jawdrop:

Thanks applefreak! :dancingqueen:

Yup, it was painstakingly put up by yours truly. Of course my better half helped by even more painstakingly removing the details on the golden birds that simply refuse to budge during installation.

Took a couple of hours to finish this. But the pain was all worth it in the end!

I've put up one cat decal too on the staircase - will post pix another time. Am still trying to decide where else I can put up more cat decals!

Thanks applefreak! :dancingqueen:

Yup, it was painstakingly put up by yours truly. Of course my better half helped by even more painstakingly removing the details on the golden birds that simply refuse to budge during installation.

Took a couple of hours to finish this. But the pain was all worth it in the end!

I've put up one cat decal too on the staircase - will post pix another time. Am still trying to decide where else I can put up more cat decals!

Hi! The decals are really beautiful :)

May I ask where did you get them? Thanks a lot!

Thanks applefreak! 8|

:sport-smiley-004::good: :good:

can't wait to see the cat decals :notti: :notti:

now me thinking should buy ready-made decals

or be cheapo and buy uncut decals and DIY :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by applefreak

Hi! The decals are really beautiful :P

May I ask where did you get them? Thanks a lot!

The Golden Birds decal were purchased from Greener Grass Design while the Iron Vines were purchased from Blik Blik. A selection of Blik wall decals are available at Molecule as well.

hi Tristesse,

This is Jessie. I have made appointment with Mr Low for quote for my EM which I just bought from resale market recently.

He has made appointment and will be visiting your love-nest on this sat!

Nice meeting you here and will see you in person on sat.

cheers

img0577qj7.jpg

Your place was featured in the Sunday Times recently right?

Anyway, nicely done up for the vinyl stickers.