Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andrew77

Drop Down Or Kerb

for my MBR and common toilet.

my MBR will have a shower screen while my common toilet will not have it due to budget constraints.

According to my ID, shower screen will look better with drop down but water will splash out due to lower height and also need to see if the drop down conforms to HDB standard too.

Like to know your comments. Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Drop down will always looks nicer and easier on the stepping. Water splashing may be an issue unless you have a large bathroom :good:

One of our friend need to redo the bathroom and put back the shower kerb :jawdrop: as failed the HDB requirements. So unless your ID is very confident in doing the drop down otherwise stick to shower kerb. Having heard this we stick to shower kerb.

As for the lower height of the shower screen you can always ask for a customised taller shower screen.

for my MBR and common toilet.

my MBR will have a shower screen while my common toilet will not have it due to budget constraints.

According to my ID, shower screen will look better with drop down but water will splash out due to lower height and also need to see if the drop down conforms to HDB standard too.

Like to know your comments. Thanks

Talked to my ID again.

He suggested that drop down is not possible the legal way and suggest kerb at the shower screen @ MBR.

With respect to the Common Toilet, there'd be a kerb between the kitchen and the toilet. Inside the toilet, there'd be no wet or dry area only flat. Is it possible to do raised platform for my toilet area or is it a "standard" flat for the common toilet?

Thanks.

Talked to my ID again.

He suggested that drop down is not possible the legal way and suggest kerb at the shower screen @ MBR.

With respect to the Common Toilet, there'd be a kerb between the kitchen and the toilet. Inside the toilet, there'd be no wet or dry area only flat. Is it possible to do raised platform for my toilet area or is it a "standard" flat for the common toilet?

Thanks.

height to ceiling have a conformance measurement. how much i not sure, check hdb website. if it dun violate can do. older hdb flats have their wc area normally raise, prevent water splashes oso, but i dun think flooring u can raise any higher than that

If it doesn't violate the HDB rules, so be ok.

Though this is an old thread, thought I'd give it a try.

Anyone here has experience removing the kerb between the room and the toilet? eg between the kitchen and the toilet OR between the MBR and the toilet.

One of the older forummer Reiki did that ... instead raised kerb, they had a ramp that drops down to a drop to the bathroom floor level.. are u planning to do that for both your bathrooms??? I am also planning that too.