Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kiki

I Love My Home

Thankz applefreak, very nice of u :)

Thankz lifestyle, i was quite satisfied wif the toilet tiles as well coz quite save cost, and end up quite matching..... !!

Happy,

This is the joint line u mean rite? Nope, cant see the inner wood.

i knoe what u mean, some laminate btw the joint can see the wood, but actually this can be eliminate when the smaller part of the laminate is not actually a laminate, it's other thing, i duno the name. :notti:

Coz i told my contractor i dunwan the joint can see wood, so he say do like this

DSC04776.jpg

DSC04777.jpg

Hi KIKI

Thanks....yes that is what I mean...it is not a laminated kind of thing, rather than a kind of round rubber (match to the nearest laminate colour).

One contractor told me need to choose the rubber first before choose the laminate.

Is there alot of colours for the 'semi round rubber'??

I might ask my contractor to give me the sample first.

Your cabinet is very beautiful and well done.

Hopefully my future cabinet will look the same as yours!!

hahaha yes i'm a renoholic

though my home didn't really go through much renovation,

and i've shifted in a month liao

still lurking around here hoping to be able to offer some suggestions to pple who are going to renovated their homes

kenna cheated so many times that i feel i must share my lessons ;)

Hi APPLE

Thanks!

Do give me suggestions especially kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, vanity top etc...

HAPPY

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi pebsb,

This is not a kdk, some erm 'non-branded' ventilation fan, hehe,

yeap, it wasnt attached to the window, coz i heard that it is illegal to do so, if hdb ppl come check, they will ask to remove, so i did not do the glass thing, thou i think that is nicer, depends whther u wan to take the risk or not, coz for me, it wasnt that important as long can ventilate my toilet, looks cute also, coz small small like that, hee

no nd attached wan, jus hang thr, then the electricity point come from the false ceiling/box-up(duno call which 1) then can on off frm outside switch, i think cost less than $50 like that, not ex wan.

DSC04790.jpg

and since we r talking bout fan, let's tok bout my living n room fan, very cute n nice i think, but i bought it expensive :curse: for $180.......later i saw other electricity shop sell it for $150 oni. so next time if u guys buy, remember to find $150 k ;)

DSC04819.jpg

Wah, applefreak, u muz b a renoholic, so fast reply, hehe......yah, i think its called ABS trimmings, sounds like i heard that name b4 :rolleyes:

hi, im planning to install this kind of ventilation fan..where and how do you hang the fan? Can the windows be open after you fix the fan? If it can't be open, wouldn't it be not effective in ventilation?

Thankz sime,

i've been having trouble finding a rite dining table for so long, then in the end i had this idea of asking my id to make 1 so that i can have the size n pattern that i want, the upper part is actually a laminate, i choose a victorian white, black also vy nice, but my house too many black furnish alreadi.....

the leg is bought fm ikea for $5 each, the top cost me around 280, then i ask my id to fix it for me lor, so evything is around 300, :lol: take a closer look at the pic below.

Chair is from v.hive, they haf very nice designer looking chairs, look like those from Space, but at a more reasonable price, hehe, $49 each.....thy got others transparent wan also vy nice, now thy having sales, u better quick, coz i bought that few weeks ago d.......

DSC04806.jpg

DSC04774.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

Hi Ki Ki

Thanks for the information.. wow. the chairs are quite affordable.. will go and take a look.. and the customised table, good idea! maybe i should consider customising my dining table too! we can choose the preferred colours and size of table.

Thanks once again!

love your cozy place! heehee, i chose the same laminate you have for your dining table for my wardrobe! in both black and white!:lol:

okie, i decided not to reply one by one, coz the pic will keep on repeating, flooded...

hongss,

i think the fan is jus screw up the box, u can jus ask ur electrician or ID to install it for u since they need to run the point for u......

u can still open the window, but not to the maximum, mb 80% :)

MaCe,

thankz :)

sime,

no problem. good idea are meant to share :)

babyQ,

don't make me hate u........it mus be gorgeous, show me the pic :P

Edited by Kiki

kiki - where did you buy the toilet ventilation fan from? When you use the electricity point runs outside, you mean the on/off switch is outside the toilet door right? hmm...how did your electrician get the wire to run out of your toilet - did he drill a hole thru the wall of the toilet?

kiki - where did you buy the toilet ventilation fan from? When you use the electricity point runs outside, you mean the on/off switch is outside the toilet door right? hmm...how did your electrician get the wire to run out of your toilet - did he drill a hole thru the wall of the toilet?

pepsb,

actually ah, it's jus the same theory like lighting point and fan point, run the wire to the ventilation fan, then the switch on/off is outside of the toilet , together wif the light switch :)

but the wire in my toilet cants be seen bcoz i got do false ceiling, so it is hide inside the false ceiling......

HiHi , spam and chop here ...

Nice place you got here .. very simple and neat. :)

Wah, this renotalk make feel so warm and homely...

thankz spam n chop :good: cute name, nick name or real name?

Wah, this renotalk make feel so warm and homely...

thankz spam n chop :dancingqueen: cute name, nick name or real name?

Hi KIKI

Yours is id/contractor or only contractor?

Sorry if I have miss it, is it expensive?

How you find overall?

I saw your url and address is:

1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #01-11

Is it near Tanjong Pagar MRT station?

Best regards

babyQ,

don't make me hate u........it mus be gorgeous, show me the pic :dancingqueen:

don't :dancingqueen: me lah... :yamseng::good::)

pardon my poor photography skills. i dunno how to get the white part of the laminate to stand out. but since u know what it looks like, u will have a good idea! here's the pix of how the black and white contrast on our 11ft wardrobe. :dancingqueen:

1543201497_8eebb95eda.jpg

1544063832_26965ed98b.jpg

pepsb,

actually ah, it's jus the same theory like lighting point and fan point, run the wire to the ventilation fan, then the switch on/off is outside of the toilet , together wif the light switch :P

but the wire in my toilet cants be seen bcoz i got do false ceiling, so it is hide inside the false ceiling......

ahhh...i see :( Where did you buy the ventilation fan from & how much? thanks!

Hi KIKI

Yours is id/contractor or only contractor?

Sorry if I have miss it, is it expensive?

How you find overall?

I saw your url and address is:

1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #01-11

Is it near Tanjong Pagar MRT station?

Best regards

Hey happy,

looking around for quotation huh, mus be tiring, n the worst part is, ur reno havent even started :) be mentally prepared ohhh, renovation is not a bed of roses ........okla, dunwan to scared u la, juz that im a typical person who will compare anything b4 i pay for it, from things as minor as a bottle of shampoo........hehe

so.. i went for a few id, mostly thru newspaper........but to cut thing short, i engage wif this current id thru a recommendation from a colleague.

1. He's an id/contractor, coz he seems to bao suah bao hai, hehe,

2. Expensive or not? :deal: so so, coz i show him other quote that i got, he never reali reduce for me which i expect him to do so.........he kp on say kenot too low la, u wan quality or quantity :notti: in the end, he ask us to save up on things like window grills, no nd to change, he wash for us, then hack off our kitchen wall, so idea also change alreadi, cant reali compare wif the other quotes i got. so price more or less the same, but he let me choose more expensive tiles than my previous quote, n a free toilet bowl n some toilet accesories :bath:

3. Overall i cant tell the rating coz tis my 1st time renovate, nothing for me to compare, u noe what i mean rite. but not much big problem i say. what we ask for in the quotation is what we get lor. the thing i like about him is that, he vy detail. eg. he will ask us b4hand whr we wan to put our switch, how we wan to lay the tiles/laminate, the size of our drawer, thn he advice us to do box-up for our toilet coz he show us pic of those that nvr do, which is quite ugly, etc. but i duno, mebe other id also got like that, hehe....

4. Yah, near mrt, u noe amara hotel? opposite amara hotel got lots of shops like fairprice, etc. it's over there.

Oh, yah, the whole reno cost me like 20k, urs 3rm too? or u wan to take a look at my quote to compare wif urs? let me knoe if u do :notti:

babyQ,

:good: so niceeee, jus as i expected, coz nothing can go wrong wif that laminate, hehe......in fact i wanted my whole kitchen to b that laminate, but my hubby say NO :notti:

muz b expensive, coz ur wardrobe look huge

by the way, how come u got pink smiley face wif love wan? how come i dun haf

ahhh...i see :P Where did you buy the ventilation fan from & how much? thanks!

hmmmm, i duno wor, the id jus ask "u wan ventilation fan for both toilet?" then i say yes, then its there alreadi...........i think hardware shop got sell bah, or those fan shop, u knoe? those hanging lots of fan outside the shop

Edited by Kiki

Hi KIKI

Thanks!!

I might drop by as I use to having lunch there during lunch break.

Mine is 5 room. Have not get key yet, probably around Dec 07 or early jan 08.