Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aiky

Rebuild Or A&a For Terrace?

Thought your hb rich? Mafia always stash their cash well, never tell you?

Also now you live in sixth Avenue right ? like the fifth Avenue in New York :)

bro, nowadays mafia 'pie jo' not much protection money to collect.. the peoples more fierce then us :)

sixth ave so wat?! old house lor.. hope it enbloc ah!! den i wil laugh all the way to the bank liao.. but i have greedy neightbour, so wouldnt go thru liao la! haiz.. so bo bien, now thinking of re reno..

good ID to recommand or not? budget budget one la.. bo liu.. :good:

btw bro.. how to edit the location one huh?? sorry huh, newbie la.. thought it a must to state the location of stay.. how to edit??

Edited by mafiawife

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
bro, nowadays mafia 'pie jo' not much protection money to collect.. the peoples more fierce then us :)

sixth ave so wat?! old house lor.. hope it enbloc ah!! den i wil laugh all the way to the bank liao.. but i have greedy neightbour, so wouldnt go thru liao la! haiz.. so bo bien, now thinking of re reno..

good ID to recommand or not? budget budget one la.. bo liu.. :good:

Why? you scare ppl go after you ah? Rich ppl always say they bo liu, thats how they get rich.

ID many lah, just search loh, many bros & sis here very pro.

For me really no money to consider ID. :)

Better get off this thread, ppl here very serious in discussion on 6 digits decision.

I also trying to getting tips from them. :dunno:

Hi Mafiawife,

Its in Siglap area in the east. Actually, neber tot we'd go landed too. Always been the apartment type but with the crazy bubble and condo px hitting over $1000psf (in D15), landed just seemed more attractive in comparison. It did take us a long while to find a suitable place we liked and was within budget tho.

I think there are still good buys out there, despite masses of sellers just trying their luck to get record px. Just as there are lotsa pple looking to enter, there are also pple wanting to cash out, esp those who bought long time ago. With patience, a lot of homework and perhaps some luck....who knows!

Haven't done any homework on 6th ave but I shd think the px there is quite exp :good:

Hi Mafiawife,

Its in Siglap area in the east. Actually, neber tot we'd go landed too. Always been the apartment type but with the crazy bubble and condo px hitting over $1000psf (in D15), landed just seemed more attractive in comparison. It did take us a long while to find a suitable place we liked and was within budget tho.

I think there are still good buys out there, despite masses of sellers just trying their luck to get record px. Just as there are lotsa pple looking to enter, there are also pple wanting to cash out, esp those who bought long time ago. With patience, a lot of homework and perhaps some luck....who knows!

Haven't done any homework on 6th ave but I shd think the px there is quite exp :)

I guessed it rite!! actually i tot of operal estate as well.. hmm.. i am not a very east person, cos all along me staying at central north.. but really thought my enbloc can pull thru get the money and try on the east landed. haiz..in the end..... gua gua gua.. still gotta stay put for awhile.. :dancingqueen:

siglap is a prime area in the east, but u manage to get at 1.15mill in the current market! it a steal mate!! good buy! :yamseng: mind i ask wat is ur build in?

if i got enbloc the next round, either i will stay put at my current area or siglap liao.. i'm eyeing the landed at fifth ave for long liao, but looking at the price... sell :good: also cannot pay.. haha.. it already gone up more then 1200psf liao!! siao one!! :dancingqueen:

Edited by mafiawife

I guessed it rite!! actually i tot of operal estate as well.. hmm.. i am not a very east person, cos all along me staying at central north.. but really thought my enbloc can pull thru get the money and try on the east landed. haiz..in the end..... gua gua gua.. still gotta stay put for awhile.. :dunno:

siglap is a prime area in the east, but u manage to get at 1.15mill in the current market! it a steal mate!! good buy! :jawdrop: mind i ask wat is ur build in?

if i got enbloc the next round, either i will stay put at my current area or siglap liao.. i'm eyeing the landed at fifth ave for long liao, but looking at the price... sell :fire: also cannot pay.. haha.. it already gone up more then 1200psf liao!! siao one!! :bangwall:

Seems you are quite au fait with the east :jawdrop:

Even if no enbloc likely, can try and sell on enbloc rumours, no?

My buildup is approx 2400sqft.

Seems you are quite au fait with the east :fire:

Even if no enbloc likely, can try and sell on enbloc rumours, no?

My buildup is approx 2400sqft.

ya, cos i have been looking at siglap area too.. hehe..

2400 sq ft!?:bangwall::jawdrop: less den $500psf!! :fire: u bery bery good!! :dunno: u point a gun on seller ask him to sell to u at that price izzit?? hahaha... kidding.. but really good price..

my house will be abit difficult to sell, cos my area even leasehold landed already calling for 1200 +++ psf. i really don know how to sell my house... too cheap i heart pain, too expensive people wouldnt buy.. and ofcos with the fact that i cant part my fav hang out place holland v..

so i guess i stay put first and wait for next round enbloc.. :jawdrop: then perhaps one day i will be ur neighbour!!

i am looking for ID, i need to reno my house..

so have u decide to rebuild ur new house??

No lah, its a good price in the current market but not fantastic buy. After I add in the reno costs, then it will become fantastically high :)

Assuming yours is a condo, it shd be relatively easy to let go unless you're aiming for top price. I sold mine with a small profit after 7 yrs of languishing in paper loss.

As for the house, will need to get contractor's detailed quote to see if enuff moolah.

No lah, its a good price in the current market but not fantastic buy. After I add in the reno costs, then it will become fantastically high :)

Assuming yours is a condo, it shd be relatively easy to let go unless you're aiming for top price. I sold mine with a small profit after 7 yrs of languishing in paper loss.

As for the house, will need to get contractor's detailed quote to see if enuff moolah.

Hi Aiky, me also considering extenign my 2 sotrey to 2.5 storey, have you found your contracotr ?

are they reliable ? do you get a architeect first or the bulider first ?

Hi Aiky, me also considering extenign my 2 sotrey to 2.5 storey, have you found your contracotr ?

are they reliable ? do you get a architeect first or the bulider first ?

Hi,

Don't think I can afford an architect, so will be working directly with a builder/contractor. The latter will come out with some drawings and quotation. I can't vouch for the contractors I've been talking to, simply becos we haven't started any work.

May be useful for us to exchange notes further. Will send you a pm.

Anything involving extending the roof line will need a QP to submit plans. If directly using contractor, contractor still need to engage a engineer or architect to submit for plan approval.

BTW, could any one advise what is the differnet in builing up to 3 storeys instead of 2.5 storeys ?

What is the price difference (needed to paid to govt) that ones have to pay ?

is building up from 2 storeys to 3 storeys considered as A & A ?

I see in this forum that the estimate is $150 to $200 per sqf, how about the development or A & A charges different between 2.5 storey to 3 storey ?

Thanks

0.5 storey refers to an Attic, not a full floor.

No subdivision = no DC payable, provided A&A not carried out within 3 yrs of CSC.

Any major structural change is considered A&A. If no submit plan, can call it anything u want. If more than 50% floor area change, more than 50% external walls change or more than 50% structure change, then is called reconstruction.

Whether can add 1 more floor depends on zoning for the area, as well as whether the foundation can tahan the increased loading.

If dun want to submit plans.. dun piss off your neighbours.

0.5 storey refers to an Attic, not a full floor.

No subdivision = no DC payable, provided A&A not carried out within 3 yrs of CSC.

Any major structural change is considered A&A. If no submit plan, can call it anything u want. If more than 50% floor area change, more than 50% external walls change or more than 50% structure change, then is called reconstruction.

Whether can add 1 more floor depends on zoning for the area, as well as whether the foundation can tahan the increased loading.

If dun want to submit plans.. dun piss off your neighbours.

thanks for the info, what does CSC stand for ? how mcuh is DC roughtly if add one more floor ?

Certificate of Statutory Completion.

No subdivision of property no DC mah.

Apologies, I am really a newbie. :bangwall:

I have a 2 storey corner terrace now and is considering to built it to 2.5 storey or 3 Storey,

1. What is the price (to be paid to govt) difference between resconstruction and A & A ?

2. Assuming the floor area to be added will be less than 50% of the total floor area - thus A&A

What will be the A&A charge for the addition of 0.5 storey (in the existing attic)?

What will be the A&A charge for the addition of 1 more storey ?

Edited by netgear